*****The official Dundee Utd v Rangers thread*****

Madina

On 03/01/2023 at 18:53, .Williamson. said:

Was disappointed not to get the win when the full time whistle went yesterday but have taken more positives than negatives from it overall.

Under Beale we at least arenā€™t just lying down completely when we go behind, and with a few decent signings and a few out the door I think we will be in a decent place next season.

With these players the league was probably already beyond us even if we did win yesterday. Ā Win the cups and close the gap this season and Iā€™ll be happy enough.

I am confident that we will meet them in the LCF and beat them and would beat them in the SC as well.Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā McGregor

Devine Goldson Davies Barisic

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Lundstram

Ā  Ā  Ā JackĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Kamara

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Tillman

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  MorelosĀ  Kent

Important sub minutes for Colak, Sakala, Arfield & Lowry

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā McGregor

Devine Goldson Davies Barisic

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Lundstram

Ā  Ā  Ā JackĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Kamara

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Tillman

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  MorelosĀ  Kent

Important sub minutes for Colak, Sakala, Arfield & Lowry

Why drop Sakala motm against the tramps ?

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I know he was really good mate, but every time we start him after a good performance, he plays poorly. I still see him as an effective sub. I'm probably being harsh on the player.

Has to start after his motm performance. But yeh I donā€™t expect him to be as effective as celtic game was taylor made for him. They press high and narrow but that leaves space behind and you can get 1 on 1s vs their fullbacks. spl teams play a low block and double up our wingers. On the flip side would hope that our cm will be a lot better. Bit of a thankless task against celtic press but they have to step up in these games and be better on the ball

The likes of Mulgrew and Watt will be fired up for this game. Middleton as well might want to prove a point. Just read the post above and 1 win in 11 years there is surprising against a team that's been various shades of shite in that time (when we've actually both been in the SPL I mean)

9 minutes ago, BroonBear said:

Just a bit. The 11 yearsĀ dramatises better than "1 win in 5 games up there".Ā 

One win, one draw and three defeats in those 11 years.

We've still won more league titles at Tannadice than Dundee Utd, however some want to mislead stats.

1 win there in 11 years, but only played them there five times in that eleven years, and one was an absolute mess that shouldn't have happened, the official boycott etc.

Ian Black was bloody playing for us in the years after.

They've also went down as we've came up etc, had they a regular season or two in the Prem since we'd have more wins.

Sounds dramatic, but really we've hardly played them.

P.s I see the guy might actually be a crash barrier so no wonder he wants to make it sound awful.