***** Rangers vs St. Johnstone - Scottish Premiership *****

27 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was excellent today I thought. Worked his arse off, especially defensively. Put in a real shift.

Thought the same, he won the ball back in some really good positions.

Which sadly then highlights how poor we are in the transition. We almost seem afraid to just run with the ball and end up being overly cautious. 

Beale has mentioned a few times about us being 'anxious' and I think in turnover situations we have to be better, need to be far more ruthless especially with the players we have available.

4 minutes ago, holdnudgehold said:

Happy enough tbh. At 2 there was no need for us to score and St Johnstone didn't appear interested in going forward to risk a hammering so both teams going through the motions. It was almost too comfortable. Game in midweek more type of game to see how we've progressed. 

That mentality (players, not you) is why we are essentially 10 points behind and not 9.

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Lots going on in the background.

Most of the paper talk is coming from the other clubs.

Might be a couple in the next 48 hours, but can't guarantee. 

Looking for a powerful midfielder, keeper, another centre half.

Hagi going nowhere.

And glad to hear him say like us, wasn't a great watch, and we need to much more clinical.

I like listening to him, night and day from Gio. 

Obviously happy with the 3 points and continuing the decent run we've been on. 

What I would say is that I want to start seeing more from a performance PO. It was hard work watching that game, slow and very passive in many stages - especially against a 10 man St Johnstone side. Granted they made it difficult for us, but the atmosphere and players were really flat.

It'll be a really tough game on Wednesday night and we'll need to be much better than what we've seen to leave with 3 points.

Cantwell looked positive, really liked his movement and didn't look too rusty all things considered - very comfortable on the ball too.

Happy with the win but for long spells we were slow in possession with Hearts looming our tempo needs to be far better .

Need to see the var decisions again for penalty and sending off and Jacks tackle in real time it looked 50/50 on the edge of the box.

Collum I thought  can't get worse but today he excelled his usual idiocy in some of the decisions I counted three corners that weren't given and awarding free kicks for amateur dramatics Tillman included at the West Enclosure .

On the players I thought Tav deserved sponsors motm linking up well with Cantwell on the Govan Stand side Tillman some superb passes and touches as well as tracking back .

What did piss me off was the spells where we switched off and allowed StJ to have a go the one on one with AmvG leading to the sitter could've been costly not entirely cantwells inability to control the ball initially but the overall slackness with which StJ found a route to goal we've gifted numerous stupid goals in those situations it needs sorted .

19 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Which sadly then highlights how poor we are in the transition. We almost seem afraid to just run with the ball and end up being overly cautious. 

Beale has mentioned a few times about us being 'anxious' and I think in turnover situations we have to be better, need to be far more ruthless especially with the players we have available.

Players are scared of giving the ball away as they know the fans get on their back.

Half of making it at Rangers is ignoring the crowd and playing the way you need to.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Players are scared of giving the ball away as they know the fans get on their back.

Half of making it at Rangers is ignoring the crowd and playing the way you need to.

Which is why I'm glad Hagi is back, I know he's got a bit of goodwill since he's just back, but him attempting that volleyed pass through the middle got a bigger clap than most other passages of play. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Hagi is that type of player. He gets a very hard time on here because of his speed etc, but he attempts things that look horrific when they don’t come off and he couldn’t care less what the fans think. Except the rabona we spoke about the other day when fans booed him and he apologised 🤣

24 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Lots going on in the background.

Most of the paper talk is coming from the other clubs.

Might be a couple in the next 48 hours, but can't guarantee. 

Looking for a powerful midfielder, keeper, another centre half.

Hagi going nowhere.

And glad to hear him say like us, wasn't a great watch, and we need to much more clinical.

I like listening to him, night and day from Gio. 

Not really good enough in all honesty.

That’s every week/game now since Dundee United we’ve been hearing this.

Wilson and the board got away with this with Gio. Beale mustn’t let it happen again.

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Did he ?  Never seen him show 1 , he just seemed to tell the guy to stand there while he dealt with getting the physios etc on then went back and showed the red

Commentary said at the time he had recieved a yellow but there was a var check going on as the follow through was reckless 

43 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Play too safe the majority of the time , some of them look scared at times

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s been very good in the two recent games against us. 

Their 34 in the midfield has looked decent against us as well.

Yeah, tbh, that's all I have seen of him. But he really has shown up well. :tu: Like I said, probably not a #1 for us but a good backup.