***** Rangers vs St. Johnstone - Scottish Premiership *****

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

Suggest you go watch this a couple of times and realise that his right foot doesn't touch jack, his left raised with studs up, does.

Don't accuse me of making shit up, especially when you're wrong 😂

IMG_20230128_160229~2.jpg

I’ve watched it several times. His raised leg skims past Jack but his right knee ( not foot) smashes into Jacks left leg and that’s the leg Jack is holding when down 

Just watched the game again. We were in complete control and played very well at times. We didnt need to do much more. Its a long season and we were very professional yesterday. Kamaras goal was a total peach, by the way.. great pass from Cantwell and a sublime assist from Morelos. The kind of goal that would go around the World if it was Barca or an EPL team.

49 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Folk saying its a needless tackle etc, thats ok until if its you playing and you think you can win the ball its a natural reaction to go for it.

Its needless because its in the opponents box, he haz no control over where the ball is going, and instead he could stay on his feet and pressure an opponent who's going at speed back towards his own goal

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Just watched the game again. We were in complete control and played very well at times. We didnt need to do much more. Its a long season and we were very professional yesterday. Kamaras goal was a total peach, by the way.. great pass from Cantwell and a sublime assist from Morelos. The kind of goal that would go around the World if it was Barca or an EPL team.

We're 16 goals and a game more different than the tarriers, of course we needed to do much more

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its needless because its in the opponents box, he haz no control over where the ball is going, and instead he could stay on his feet and pressure an opponent who's going at speed back towards his own goal

He was trying to stop the ball going through to the player near the by line, natural to cut it out.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

We're 16 goals and a game more different than the tarriers, of course we needed to do much more

I think we can forget about goal difference. What we can do, is get a rhythm going and beat every team we play for the rest of the season. If we do that, I reckon we will be Champions. 

2 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Still need more cutting edge in the team be it some more quality in the midfield etc … personally I know Morelos is the golden boy but we’ve been crying out for another top striker in the team for donkeys to at least put chances away he gets a shitload every game where we could have teams buried 

I would hardly say he gets a shitload every game.  Our problem is that we huff and puff with plenty possession but we create few really good chances.  We are generally shot-shy throughout the team (except for Sakala who very frustratingly shoots at every possible moment usually nowhere near the goal).    We are not pretty to watch.  The stands were clearing yesterday long before the final whistle and the crowd was very subdued throughout due to the poor quality of football.

39 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I would hardly say he gets a shitload every game.  Our problem is that we huff and puff with plenty possession but we create few really good chances.  We are generally shot-shy throughout the team (except for Sakala who very frustratingly shoots at every possible moment usually nowhere near the goal).    We are not pretty to watch.  The stands were clearing yesterday long before the final whistle and the crowd was very subdued throughout due to the poor quality of football.

I agree with all of that except I feel Morelos seems to always have brilliant chances throughout his Gers career but he’s just not a great finisher despite still having a good record for us, maybe I’m in the minority with that I don’t know.

I until the final whistle but it definitely felt like another meh performance and just more evident that we likely won’t have enough to challenge next season if we don’t rebuild in some areas.

Definitely agree we don’t shoot enough but also all our possession doesn’t get used to cause danger on the opposing team enough either often still a bit slow and ponderous at times then a big cross into the box without a Hateley type to aim at.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

:lol: 

It was a decent move but it’s a goal you’ll see week in week out

11 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Rangers waste so much time when we have possession.

Spend a game watching Kamara and you will see the vast majority of his passes going sideways or backwards - rarely forwards.

Our short corner set plays are atrocious and just a waste of a corner.

Him and Barasic kill our attack every time. Sideways and backwards passing against shite teams is horrendous when we should be going at them full pelt. 

12 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I agree with all of that except I feel Morelos seems to always have brilliant chances throughout his Gers career but he’s just not a great finisher despite still having a good record for us, maybe I’m in the minority with that I don’t know.

I until the final whistle but it definitely felt like another meh performance and just more evident that we likely won’t have enough to challenge next season if we don’t rebuild in some areas.

Definitely agree we don’t shoot enough but also all our possession doesn’t get used to cause danger on the opposing team enough either often still a bit slow and ponderous at times then a big cross into the box without a Hateley type to aim at.

Totally agree.  We are definitely ponderous.   There is a lack of drive in the team.  We could do with a proper captain, a leader on the park.  Half the time the players seem to be happy to pass the ball about at the back into the horseshoe game again.  Very frustrating to watch.  

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The bar has been set a helluva low :lol: 

Low is an understatement, fucking hell Ross wilson couldnt even limbo under it the now

We're that starved of success that we praise players for working hard now, its a fucking riddy

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Totally agree.  We are definitely ponderous.   There is a lack of drive in the team.  We could do with a proper captain, a leader on the park.  Half the time the players seem to be happy to pass the ball about at the back into the horseshoe game again.  Very frustrating to watch.  

Everyone blamed gio for the horseshoe but we've been doing it for years under gerrard, everything went through the fullbacks and if one couldnt go forward it was passed back and to the side to the other one, 

We've been slow and ponderous for years in the build up, why play one pass when 44 can be done to get the same distance, it reminds me of this blackadder quote

"Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin" 

Thats what our play is like, a mammoth effort to get a couple of feet closer to the opposition goal

41 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Everyone blamed gio for the horseshoe but we've been doing it for years under gerrard, everything went through the fullbacks and if one couldnt go forward it was passed back and to the side to the other one, 

We've been slow and ponderous for years in the build up, why play one pass when 44 can be done to get the same distance, it reminds me of this blackadder quote

"Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin" 

Thats what our play is like, a mammoth effort to get a couple of feet closer to the opposition goal

We obviously need a cunning plan 

53 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Every team in the World plays a variation of the "horseshoe". 

20 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I agree.

A wins a win but Saturday wasn't pretty to watch.