***** Rangers vs St. Johnstone - Scottish Premiership *****

4 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You have made a lot of asdumpions

Jack has every right to go for the ball. Nobody near him, then the guy sprints from behind and Jack had no knowledge of him. He was trying to get the ball. 

Leave your assumptions about the earlier red card for a moment and take the Jack (brilliant tackle btw) in isolation.

It was high octane football and tackles were flying. 

Jack is starting to hit some form. 

Cantwell was my MOTM but Jack was a close second.

Jack is s a close second. Jack probably ran further than any other player on the pitch imo. 

We should be happy, not sniping at our own players.

Cpl of wild takes

6 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You have made a lot of asdumpions

Jack has every right to go for the ball. Nobody near him, then the guy sprints from behind and Jack had no knowledge of him. He was trying to get the ball. 

Leave your assumptions about the earlier red card for a moment and take the Jack (brilliant tackle btw) in isolation.

It was high octane football and tackles were flying. 

Jack is starting to hit some form. 

Cantwell was my MOTM but Jack was a close second.

Jack is s a close second. Jack probably ran further than any other player on the pitch imo. 

We should be happy, not sniping at our own players.

Eh?

5 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Jacks isn’t a red card for me. For years our players have endured tackles like that without even a yellow for the opposing player. It’s a bad tackle so it’s a yellow. 

But for years we have screamed for reds in they situations 

Cant have it both ways lol

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

And did we get them? No not all the time. For me it’s only a yellow as it isn’t high he’s late. 

Dont need to be high to endanger the opponent though, and thats the basis of the refs thinking, what if jack had broken the boys foot? Would that be classed as endangering hia safety? 

Jack was late (arguable if he got the ball first, i doubt it) it was pretty full force and he lunged, on another day the ref will think that he isnt in full control and therefore endangering the opponent

I definitely think we got lucky with it in all honesty 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Screenshot_20230129-095220_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8d5fb278af4e3b5f348cb7a7b1199c59.jpg

Thats before the ball reaches the player i think, if so then we defo got lucky, 

Nah Montgomery had played the ball at this point. Jack was late but if he was higher then the ref sends him off imo. Tbh Jack should have known better not to give the ref any chance to send him off in the first place. 

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dont need to be high to endanger the opponent though, and thats the basis of the refs thinking, what if jack had broken the boys foot? Would that be classed as endangering hia safety? 

Jack was late (arguable if he got the ball first, i doubt it) it was pretty full force and he lunged, on another day the ref will think that he isnt in full control and therefore endangering the opponent

I definitely think we got lucky with it in all honesty 

The basis of the refs thinking was yellow card, and he confirmed that after being ask to review VAR. 

10 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

His studs made contact though. At knee level, that is serious foul play and a sending off.

I'm not getting into whether or not they were red cards but the bit above clearly didn't happen, Clarks left foot which was high never touched Jacks leg their knees clashed and his right foot which was on the ground caught him, i know you want to prove t was a red card but no need to just make things up!

57 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

The basis of the refs thinking was yellow card, and he confirmed that after being ask to review VAR. 

Yeah i know, but plenty other refs would see that footage again and send jack off for an utterly needless tackle, its the sheer stupidity of it 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Screenshot_20230129-095220_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8d5fb278af4e3b5f348cb7a7b1199c59.jpg

Thats before the ball reaches the player i think, if so then we defo got lucky, 

Certainly did. Flying in with a straight leg nowhere near the ball and catching the player on the ankle.

To me that's a red all day long. I wonder if they'll look at it again, or if they can't because the ref dealt with it.

1 minute ago, RoboBearToo said:

Certainly did. Flying in with a straight leg nowhere near the ball and catching the player on the ankle.

To me that's a red all day long. I wonder if they'll look at it again, or if they can't because the ref dealt with it.

Cant, the ref looked at it, looked again with VAR, and only booked him, if they upgraded it cause the ref looked again post match he'd be getting pelters for not seeing that twice during the game

1 hour ago, mus said:

I'm not getting into whether or not they were red cards but the bit above clearly didn't happen, Clarks left foot which was high never touched Jacks leg their knees clashed and his right foot which was on the ground caught him, i know you want to prove t was a red card but no need to just make things up!

Suggest you go watch this a couple of times and realise that his right foot doesn't touch jack, his left raised with studs up, does.

Don't accuse me of making shit up, especially when you're wrong 😂

IMG_20230128_160229~2.jpg

To me yesterday perfectly highlights how stupid the laws of the game are these days.

I think the ref under the rules got both decisions correct - Clark's was a sending off and Jack's was a yellow.

But it shouldn't be that a player who clearly plays the ball and through no fault or malice accidentally studs an opponent after the fact is a red, whereas a reckless tackle with no real likelihood of playing the ball is a yellow.

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I thought yesterday was another ugly win for us.  How we can't do better against 10 men is a worry.  Surprised Jack didn't get a red as well especially when VAR got the ref to take another look.

Still need more cutting edge in the team be it some more quality in the midfield etc … personally I know Morelos is the golden boy but we’ve been crying out for another top striker in the team for donkeys to at least put chances away he gets a shitload every game where we could have teams buried 

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I thought yesterday was another ugly win for us.  How we can't do better against 10 men is a worry.  Surprised Jack didn't get a red as well especially when VAR got the ref to take another look.

It was, however if Sakala had passed the ball on at least two occasions we would have scored more, hes a good runner with the ball but has no vision whatsover.