Todd Cantwell

RockwellGers

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The petulance stuff is a nonsense, but he does pick up a number of unnecessary bookings

That was more my point and for me unnecessary bookings is a sign of petulance. Fine line to walk as I like the bite he has, just seems to get himself the wrong side of the ref when he doesn’t need to. 

Glass half full here when it comes to Cantwell.

We've won our first 4 domestic games under Clement scoring 14 goals with 2 conceded and, in my opinion, our best individual player in Cantwell played very little part in either victory.

Once Cantwell is back in regularly and firing we can surely only improve.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

What nature? he touched the players back who then throw himself down holding his face 🤣

Just as well VAR does not intervene with blatant dives, I actually found myself looking away such was my feeling of embarrassment at that clowns face clutching histrionics

Already said on the match thread he can be a bit needlessly rash at times but refs are targeting him every week with yellows to get a wee cheer from the crowd. Pathetic, especially today. His style of play means he’s half as effective on a yellow too. Hopefully Clement will have a quiet word and he’ll be back firing.

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

What nature? he touched the players back who then throw himself down holding his face 🤣

He did, but that wasn’t the only part of the point. Anyway, can’t be arsed going round in circles for hours. Feel good factor is back and long may it continue. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Boy done worse to goldson and got fuck all

Why did Clark not get a yellow for the penalty?

Cochrane deliberate trip 2nd half on Tav, no yellow.

Every time Goldson challenged Shankland, he was getting his shirt pulled yet no free kick, Davies comes on first challenge free kick to Hearts.

The signs of a proper manager like Clement compared to Beale is night and day. Beale would never have took Cantwell off at 75 min last Sunday when 1 down and would never have took him off at HT today. Reading between the lines PC thinks the injuries we’ve got is to do with managers ignoring sport science etc.

Reliance on players creating magic to win games looks like it’s done with. Will always need it at points but some shift from needing it every game 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

The signs of a proper manager like Clement compared to Beale is night and day. Beale would never have took Cantwell off at 75 min last Sunday when 1 down and would never have took him off at HT today. Reading between the lines PC thinks the injuries we’ve got is to do with managers ignoring sport science etc.

Reliance on players creating magic to win games looks like it’s done with. Will always need it at points but some shift from needing it every game 

Hadn’t thought about that last point, but it’s deffo true.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hilarious hesring the excuses being made for him having a terrible season.

Blaming Lammers lol

Think most are saying Lammers is playing in his position ahead of him and shouldn’t be. He’s not as good outside as through the middle.

I don’t get why Phil keeps on playing Lammers in a position suited to Cantwell. Yes the team is working but most of us think we can be better with Lammers dropped. I hope Wright, Danilo and Sima start on Thursday with Cantwell sitting behind Danilo. It will work the manager just needs to see it.

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t get why Phil keeps on playing Lammers in a position suited to Cantwell. Yes the team is working but most of us think we can be better with Lammers dropped. I hope Wright, Danilo and Sima start on Thursday with Cantwell sitting behind Danilo. It will work the manager just needs to see it.

Think we all are confused by that, but I'm hoping Phil's thinking is not wanting to go too attack minded too quick and implementing his methods while being pragmatic about it, then can gradually get Cantwell in the team once we are stable (which, again I hope he sees Lammers as bringing some stability for now) -

having a wee drink, so hope that makes sense (does in my head the now anyway lol)

5 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Think we all are confused by that, but I'm hoping Phil's thinking is not wanting to go too attack minded too quick and implementing his methods while being pragmatic about it, then can gradually get Cantwell in the team once we are stable (which, again I hope he sees Lammers as bringing some stability for now) -

having a wee drink, so hope that makes sense (does in my head the now anyway lol)

You’re making sense lol but we then throw in Lawrence who will be a top player for us and is also in that position.