Todd Cantwell

RockwellGers

21 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Some of his booking have been ridiculous decisions, some of the pish spoken in the media has been ridiculous, Tarriers setting the narrative, boys got a bit of fire in his belly takes no shit from anybody on the park and we’ve got gimps on here greeting about him because he’s been involved in a couple incidents that he’s been yellow carded. He’s been targeted for the Morelos treatment by media, refs and some of our own.

He’s just back from injury being phased back into the team and yet to hit form. Think we’ll see the better version of him after this break. Honestly cunts slating him at every opportunity need to take a hard long look at themself and the trap they’ve fell into. 

Maybe even Google what the word supporter means 

There’s no denying he throws himself to the ground on occasions.

Just because that prick Sutton mentions it doesn’t mean Cantwell doesn’t do it.

It’s something that annoys me about his play as does the silly bookings he picks up. 

None of the above means I don’t support the laddie, I just wish he cut it out.

I’ve also championed Cantwell as future captain on other threads so clearly appreciate everything else he brings to the game. 

20 minutes ago, beararse said:

It’s something that annoys me about his play as does the silly bookings he picks up. 

I’ve also championed Cantwell as future captain on other threads so clearly appreciate everything else he brings to the game. 

Reads like moaning for the sake of moaning then 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

Moaning because he’ll end up picking up a needless suspension and/ or not get free kicks when he should.

But aye,  moaning for the sake of moaning.

If referees do their job right he won’t pick up needless suspensions or not get free kicks when he should 

Many suspensions has Cantwell had in his career or since joining Rangers ? 

edit- Most bookings he’s had in a season before joining us is 6 yellow. He’s on 6 yellow so far this season all competition. 

Couple of them have been harsh, there was no issues with discipline or ‘petulance’ before he came to Scotland 

26 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Many suspensions has Cantwell had in his career or since joining Rangers ? 

edit- Most bookings he’s had in a season before joining us is 6 yellow. He’s on 6 yellow so far this season all competition. 

Couple of them have been harsh, there was no issues with discipline or ‘petulance’ before he came to Scotland 

It’s irrelevant whether he had or hadn’t any issues with discipline or bookings before joining us.

He does now.

Your reply confirms that this season he’s already equalled the most amount of bookings he’s ever had in a season outwith playing for Rangers.

We aren’t even 1/3 through the current league campaign AND he’s been out injured. He’s only actually played 955 mins this season and still racked up 6 bookings.

He actually got booked 8 times whilst playing for us last season so he managed to beat his career worst/best(?) total 6 bookings you mentioned in just half a season at Rangers. 

So he’s been booked 14 times* over the equivalent of 5/6ths of a season at Rangers.

It’s well established Morelos had an issue with discipline and he picked up a yellow card on average every 286 mins in his Rangers career.

Todd Cantwell is currently on a booking every 178 mins. Thats a fucking awful stat.

Now that’s not all down to bad officiating: the player has to take some responsibility too. 

I like him as a creative force but he’s made a rod for his own back with the some of the silly stuff that comes with him.

We will loose him at crucial parts of the season if he keeps this up.

*Stats from Transfermarkt.

23 minutes ago, beararse said:

It’s irrelevant whether he had or hadn’t any issues with discipline or bookings before joining us.

He does now.

Your reply confirms that this season he’s already equalled the most amount of bookings he’s ever had in a season outwith playing for Rangers.

We aren’t even 1/3 through the current league campaign AND he’s been out injured. He’s only actually played 955 mins this season and still racked up 6 bookings.

He actually got booked 8 times whilst playing for us last season so he managed to beat his career worst/best(?) total 6 bookings you mentioned in just half a season at Rangers. 

So he’s been booked 14 times* over the equivalent of 5/6ths of a season at Rangers.

It’s well established Morelos had an issue with discipline and he picked up a yellow card on average every 286 mins in his Rangers career.

Todd Cantwell is currently on a booking every 178 mins. Thats a fucking awful stat.

Now that’s not all down to bad officiating: the player has to take some responsibility too. 

I like him as a creative force but he’s made a rod for his own back with the some of the silly stuff that comes with him.

We will loose him at crucial parts of the season if he keeps this up.

*Stats from Transfermarkt.

Maybe it tells you more about Scottish football and referees than any thing else, two players who never had disciplinary issues before coming to Scotland both receiving similar treatment from Tarriers in the media, opposition players and refs with the likes of yourself buying into the narrative. 

Alfie was his own worst enemy at times with stupid wee kick outs and other reactionary stuff but the treatment he received from the media, fans of other clubs opposition players and referees was fucking disgusting I can see a similar pattern developing with Cantwell.  With some of our own too happy to help.

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Maybe it tells you more about Scottish football and referees than any thing else, two players who never had disciplinary issues before coming to Scotland both receiving similar treatment from Tarriers in the media and the likes of yourself buying into the narrative. 

There is fuck all narrative. Thats paranoid pish.

Chris Sutton doesn’t set the narrative, just as Kris Boyd doesn’t either unless you’re weak minded and incapable of arriving at your own conclusions. 

I can see with my own eyes that Cantwell deserves most of his bookings, just as I did Morelos.

incidentally, here’s a screen shot of the most booked players in the SPFL last season.

Not a Rangers player in site.  Explain that one if there is a media or refereeing conspiracy. 

Just as some players cannot deal with the pressure of playing for Rangers, some will find it hard to control there temperament when playing in front of 50k. I reckon that’s why both have as many bookings compared to the rest of their careers. Both are clearly use their emotions to fire themselves up. 

IMG_0633.png

Just now, beararse said:

There is fuck all narrative. Thats paranoid pish.

Chris Sutton doesn’t set the narrative, just as Kris Boyd doesn’t either unless you’re weak minded and incapable of arriving at your own conclusions. 

I can see with my own eyes that Cantwell deserves most of his bookings, just as I did Morelos.

incidentally, here’s a screen shot of the most booked players in the SPFL last season.

Not a Rangers player in site.  Explain that one if there is a media or refereeing conspiracy. 

Just as some players cannot deal with the pressure of playing for Rangers, some will find it hard to control there temperament when playing in front of 50k. I reckon that’s why both have as many bookings compared to the rest of their careers. Both are clearly use their emotions to fire themselves up. 

IMG_0633.png

Cry more mate 

23 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Never once mentioned the word conspiracy lol 

Fair enough. You didn’t. 

So it is the quality of referring that is responsible for the player doubling their bookings? 

Only the two Rangers players mind you.  Every other Rangers player seems to be spared this phenomenon.

Oh, and mindless folk like myself, devoid of independent thought, buying everything the media says.

17 minutes ago, beararse said:

Fair enough. You didn’t. 

So it is the quality of referring that is responsible for the player doubling their bookings? 

Only the two Rangers players mind you.  Every other Rangers player seems to be spared this phenomenon.

Oh, and mindless folk like myself, devoid of independent thought, buying everything the media says.

Theres was without a doubt a narrative set in the media and with opposition fans that Morelos was the devil reincarnated, there’s also a narrative being set among the media and opposition fans that Cantwells a hot headed cheat. You agree with them so I’ll leave it at that I’d rather have the players back but each to their own. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Theres is was without a doubt a narrative set in the media and with opposition fans that Morelos was the devil reincarnated, there’s also a narrative being set among the media and opposition fans that Cantwells a hot headed cheat. You agree with them so I’ll leave it at that I’d rather have the players back but each to their own. 

So when Morelos or Cantwell got/get booked needlessly dyou cheer to the rafters or mumble ‘FFS’?

To think a player doesn’t have an issue with his self discipline when he’s averaging a booking every 100mins LESS than Morelos did  is ‘head in the sand’ stuff.

I’m sure you’ll still cheer him on when one of our best players is sitting in the stand for a Cup Final or crucial Old Firm game.

48 minutes ago, beararse said:

So when Morelos or Cantwell got/get booked needlessly dyou cheer to the rafters or mumble ‘FFS’?

To think a player doesn’t have an issue with his self discipline when he’s averaging a booking every 100mins LESS than Morelos did  is ‘head in the sand’ stuff.

I’m sure you’ll still cheer him on when one of our best players is sitting in the stand for a Cup Final or crucial Old Firm game.

I’ve mumbled fs a couple times this season when he’s been wrongly booked by refs or been booted by opposition players and the refs have turned a blind eye then booked Cantwell for his reaction 

Then I think a couple times he’s lunged in got himself needlessly booked, not really that big a deal for me, his discipline is nowhere near as bad as you’re weirdly trying  to make out. Any issues I’m sure our manager will have them quickly dealt with.

You can cry all you want on the internet about what might or might not happen.I’d rather not lol  Enjoy. 

Media narrative does matter. 

Brown got away with countless yellows and probably reds for off the ball niggles that Morelos got done for. Kyogo probably throws himself to the floor more than anyone else in the league does.

But we’ve got to be smarter and we’ve had a couple of poor man managers.

When there’s scrutiny on you, Just lay off the stupidity for a while. Don’t give the ref any opportunity and Sutton et co. will move on to the next thing/conspiracy to bleet about 

43 minutes ago, beararse said:

Fair enough. You didn’t. 

Mate if you can't see that players go out to leave one on todd then I don't know what to say. Yes his reactions are probably not the best but when your getting booted about the pitch it would be hard not to react. 

4 minutes ago, Finny said:

Mate if you can't see that players go out to leave one on todd then I don't know what to say. Yes his reactions are probably not the best but when your getting booted about the pitch it would be hard not to react. 

Never said he didn’t get some rough treatment. And yes, it’s hard not to react but he has to try.

If he’s going to react to every hefty challenge he’s going to be on the receiving end of yet more questionable challenges.

Any manager worth their salt will ask his players to target an opposition inn player who reacts.  It’s about seeking every advantage.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Not a Rangers player in sight.  Explain that one if there is a media or refereeing conspiracy. 

IMG_0633.png

Here's the other half of the page you didn't screenshot :thumbup:

Screenshot_20231119_145452_com.android.chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Here's the other half of the page you didn't screenshot. 

Screenshot_20231119_145452_com.android.chrome.jpg

And? I said the most booked players. 

Lundstram is on nearly half the cards of, say, Jason Holt. 

7 booking for a defensive mid who plays in practically every game of the season is pretty reasonable.

Cantwell being only one off that tally having played less than a quarter of the time Lundstram had (ie 955mims v 4,129 mins) isn’t acceptable IMO

6 minutes ago, beararse said:

7 booking for a defensive mid who plays in practically every game of the season is pretty reasonable.

Cantwell being only one off that tally having played less than a quarter of the time Lundstram had (ie 955mims v 4,129 mins) isn’t acceptable IMO

I know what you said, and that's the 2nd half of the page of "most booked players". 

Cantwell's had silly bookings granted, he's also had yellows that weren't warranted. I've heard Sutton on Sky sports use the word "diving" with him at least twice and once when referring to McCausland the other week.

Strangely enough when the Scum were given a penalty a few weeks back (a blatant dive by Furuhashi) and Sutton was commentating, it was "maybe a bit soft". No mention of "diving" anywhere in sight. That's the fucking difference! whether you choose to see it or not. 

33 minutes ago, beararse said:

Huge difference collecting bookings for an attacking team like ours, versus the defensive, stop attacks at all costs pish we face most weeks. Other teams are bound to pick up more bookings and would argue most teams get away with a lot v us. I cannot comment about the other mob as I don’t watch them unless they play us.

anyway has Todd shagged your partner?

10 hours ago, beararse said:

A lot of times he goes down while trying to avoid a lunging tackle that could potentially seriously injure him.  It's self preservation because he gets no protection at all from referees which leads to him getting frustrated and getting a booking for something other players in the league are allowed to get away with.

Like so many talented players he's being forced out of the game up here due to biased refereeing and talentless thugs being allowed to continue in our game.