Todd Cantwell

RockwellGers

3 hours ago, Finny said:

Mate if you can't see that players go out to leave one on todd then I don't know what to say. Yes his reactions are probably not the best but when you’re getting booted about the pitch it would be hard not to react. 

I honestly don’t think he’s targeted any more than any of our players. I think it’s just a shite excuse for his performances.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I honestly don’t think he’s targeted any more than any of our players. I think it’s just a shite excuse for his performances.

His shite performances are due to him being punted out on the right wing. One of the only things I don't think the manager has got right since he arrived.

The difference in treatment compared to say the other striker across the city is night and day. Todd is a bit more built but that wee fucker is protected compared. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Where you seeing people using it as an excuse for his performance? 

3 hours ago, shaka said:

A lot of times he goes down while trying to avoid a lunging tackle that could potentially seriously injure him.  It's self preservation because he gets no protection at all from referees which leads to him getting frustrated and getting a booking for something other players in the league are allowed to get away with.

Like so many talented players he's being forced out of the game up here due to biased refereeing and talentless thugs being allowed to continue in our game.

7 minutes ago, Finny said:

His shite performances are due to him being punted out on the right wing. One of the only things I don't think the manager has got right since he arrived.

The difference in treatment compared to say the other striker across the city is night and day. Todd is a bit more built but that wee fucker is protected compared. 

Agreed. It’s on both the manager and him that he hasn’t hit the heights of late last season yet.

Not because he’s being somehow targeted by hatchet men who are getting a free pass because Chris Sutton said he dived a couple of times.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not sure that’s making excuses for his performance but it’s as close as you’ll get on here lol 

I don’t think people are making excuses for his below par performance, really they’re just defending him from people over reacting to a few bookings. If the pattern  continues then it can become a problem but I doubt our manager will let that happen and I’m confident we’ll see better performances from Todd after the break. 

4 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I know what you said, and that's the 2nd half of the page of "most booked players". 

Cantwell's had silly bookings granted, he's also had yellows that weren't warranted. I've heard Sutton on Sky sports use the word "diving" with him at least twice and once when referring to McCausland the other week.

Strangely enough when the Scum were given a penalty a few weeks back (a blatant dive by Furuhashi) and Sutton was commentating, it was "maybe a bit soft". No mention of "diving" anywhere in sight. That's the fucking difference! whether you choose to see it or not. 

I’m not talking about Sutton. Never have. Folk on here are obsessed with the cunt. 

I don’t read or listen to what the prick has to say. 

So, back on topic, I presume you agree 7 bookings for a defensive mid who’s played the entire season is a reasonable number of bookings to collect and that 6 in a quarter of the number of games for an attacking midfielder isn’t? 

People on here seem more interested in here about what Sutton and the media say rather than the actual player racking up yellow cards. 

3 hours ago, shaka said:

A lot of times he goes down while trying to avoid a lunging tackle that could potentially seriously injure him.  It's self preservation because he gets no protection at all from referees which leads to him getting frustrated and getting a booking for something other players in the league are allowed to get away with.

Like so many talented players he's being forced out of the game up here due to biased refereeing and talentless thugs being allowed to continue in our game.

Genuine question: Is it just talented Rangers players that suffer these threatening tackles or talented players in general in Scotland that get no protection? 
Maybe, as you say Cantwell is avoiding these lunging tackles but I can’t recall a single bad tackle flattening him.

Wasn't a lunging tackle when he went down poleaxed clutching his face and the Motherwell player got sent off last season nor was he subject to any kind of tackle when he dived right off the pitch v Servette. 

To reiterate, I really like what Cantwell brings to the team, I just can’t be arsed with his histrionics.

55 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Not sure that’s making excuses for his performance but it’s as close as you’ll get on here lol 

I don’t think people are making excuses for his below par performance, really they’re just defending him from people over reacting to a few bookings. If the pattern  continues then it can become a problem but I doubt our manager will let that happen and I’m confident we’ll see better performances from Todd after the break. 

So folk like myself are overreacting to the pattern of bookings but if the same pattern continues it’ll be a problem? 

Genuine question:

How long does it take before the pattern goes from fine to unacceptable and why is it acceptable now but not if it continues? 

it’s been ongoing since he arrived.

8 bookings last season following his  arrival in January. 6 bookings this season in pitch time equivalent to 10.5 games.

That’s 14 bookings over 5/6ths of a season (ie half last season + 1/3rd this season) , which would top the ‘most bookings’ chart from 22/23 which, as someone else pointed out, is usually the preserve of defenders and midfielder playing in teams threatened with relegation who are defending at all costs, and NOT creative no. 10 types who play for dominant attacking teams competing for titles. 

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

So folk like myself are overreacting to the pattern of bookings but if the same pattern continues it’ll be a problem? 

Genuine question:

How long does it take before the pattern goes from fine to unacceptable and why is it acceptable now but not if it continues? 

it’s been ongoing since he arrived.

8 bookings last season following his  arrival in January. 6 bookings this season in pitch time equivalent to 10.5 games.

That’s 14 bookings over 5/6ths of a season (ie half last season + 1/3rd this season) , which would top the ‘most bookings’ chart from 22/23 which, as someone else pointed out, is usually the preserve of defenders and midfielder playing in teams threatened with relegation who are defending at all costs, and NOT creative no. 10 types who play for dominant attacking teams competing for titles. 

Fs you still going 

26 minutes ago, beararse said:

So you not got an answer to my question(s) then?

It becomes a problem if he starts picking up suspensions and missing important games but that’s not happened yet and like I’ve said a few times I’m confident our manager will have a word and sort it out before it becomes a problem. you’re totally over reacting to it and completely missing the point people are making about the narrative being set and how it can influence decisions against him, we’ve already seen that on a couple of occasions this season and we saw it in the past with Morelos. 

I’m not going to change my mind and say aye pal you’re right Cantwells a cheat and a liability poor wee morherwell player getting a red card ect you don’t need to keep going on repeating the same shite all day until people agree with you. Lol 

agree to disagree ma man 👍

38 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It becomes a problem if he starts picking up suspensions and missing important games but that’s not happened yet and like I’ve said a few times I’m confident our manager will have a word and sort it out before it becomes a problem. you’re totally over reacting to it and completely missing the point people are making about the narrative being set and how it can influence decisions against him, we’ve already seen that on a couple of occasions this season and we saw it in the past with Morelos. 

I’m not going to change my mind and say aye pal you’re right Cantwells a cheat and a liability poor wee morherwell player getting a red card ect you don’t need to keep going on repeating the same shite all day until people agree with you. Lol 

agree to disagree ma man 👍

Never asked you to change your mind or agree with me.
just asked you a question or two and hoped for answers, which you gave.

Agree with ‘agree to disagree’ 👍🏻 we can’t all be right all the time.

Was in Norwich at the weekend, spoke to a couple of season ticket holders  and they loathe him. Mostly because of the wasted talent but he topped it off by giving away every bit of Norwich kit he owned, his first shirt he wore etc, to the locals of his home town Dereham.  :lol:

His demise there by some was attributed to his death of his Grandad who took him to his very first game. His hero.

4 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Was in Norwich at the weekend, spoke to a couple of season ticket holders  and they loathe him. Mostly because of the wasted talent but he topped it off by giving away every bit of Norwich kit he owned, his first shirt he wore etc, to the locals of his home town Dereham.  :lol:

His demise there by some was attributed to his death of his Grandad who took him to his very first game. His hero.

That's not weird at all.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

That's not weird at all.

If I remember the Norwich fan correctly, he told the locals to stick something in your window (I can't remember the object/thing) and he'll give you a gift.

Actually I just did a wee research, he did this at Xmas 2022.  

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

So he done something nice and is loathed for it 🤣

When I was told the story I took it at face value. Another was as a kid, he used to score more goals than the entire team combined they used to stick him in defence to give the other team a chance.  

5 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

When I was told the story I took it at face value. Another was as a kid, he used to score more goals than the entire team combined they used to stick him in defence to give the other team a chance.  

Seems like they have grounds to really hate him mate I’m ragin just reading this 

Cunts are singing like a canary 

On 18/11/2023 at 00:49, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Diving? Can't believe you posted that. Examples please...

Cantwell puts his heart and soul into Rangers. More proven than you and than some.

Your post hasn’t aged well….. I presume you are in agreement that  this is an outrageous dive?

Im going to just come out and say it, he’s shite😂 does fuck all, his numbers are atrocious, can’t pass 5 yards and is a fucking gimp to be honest, had more bad games than good. Not for me at all. Standards have seriously dropped if this is one of our best players😰 no wonder we win fuck all👎

9 minutes ago, muldoon1690 said:

Im going to just come out and say it, he’s shite😂 does fuck all, his numbers are atrocious, can’t pass 5 yards and is a fucking gimp to be honest, had more bad games than good. Not for me at all. Standards have seriously dropped if this is one of our best players😰 no wonder we win fuck all👎

Where wur ye during the game Muldoon? 

IMG_1956.gif