Ross Wilson Joins Nottingham Forest - Confirmed

Canabear

Just now, esquire8 said:

We do that and we end up in the same position as we are currently in. Or are we happy maintaining being the 2nd best?

If we waste the money we have on average squad playes we stay second as well. Unless someone drops £30-40m in transfer fees (which the scum have spent over the past 2 seasons) then it won't matter. Adding 2 or 3 who compete gets us there, adding squad players doesn't.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

I think Borna would sign a new deal.  He seems to love it here.

Yilmaz,  he just need to get a run in the team to see if he will cut it.

As it stands barasic deserves to starting front of him.  Leagues done though so what harm could there be in playing him.

Please no to fuck.

That defence is bogging, a captain that can seen to score but cant defend, an over ego vice captain who is not the standard we require but is hailed as the messiah, ran his contract down and called the shots, a cheap wilson option... 

Giving barasic a new contract, a weak, slow, laboured full back with the heart of a mouse 🙈 just lile davies, who comes acrosd as timid too never mind fixing his hair etc.

Squad needs gutted right to the captain, who has done well to an extent to where he come from.

But listen, thats our issue. We are no longer in 2018.

We are a squad of inexempt signings, injury prone or just not good enough standard, lower end championship defence imo.

Giving goldson a new contract was the start of a new season of failures.

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Please no to fuck.

That defence is bogging, a captain that can seen to score but cant defend, an over ego vice captain who is not the standard we require but is hailed as the messiah, ran his contract down and called the shots, a cheap wilson option... 

Giving barasic a new contract, a weak, slow, laboured full back with the heart of a mouse 🙈 just lile davies, who comes acrosd as timid too never mind fixing his hair etc.

Squad needs gutted right to the captain, who has done well to an extent to where he come from.

We are a squad of inexempt signings, i jury or just not hood enough, lower end championship defence imo.

So that's the heart talking and that's fair enough, but in the real world that won't ever happen. We need systematic improvements across the team and this season I'd be looking at 3 roles that need addressed and we spend as much as we can in each area.

Striker

GK

RW

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

So that's the heart talking and that's fair enough, but in the real world that won't ever happen. We need systematic improvements across the team and this season I'd be looking at 3 roles that need addressed and we spend as much as we can in each area.

Striker

GK

RW

We'll need more than that in a couple of months. Half the fucking team is out of contract...which is Wilsons fault.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

We're past the point of a refresh, we're past the point of adding a few bits of quality talent.

The core of this squad is deed, absolutely not good enough, loser mentality and it genuinely needs rebuilt.

Some say we don't have the money for a rebuild, then we're facing another season of shite.

The basics are done wrong by this board, at every turn. They're letting that lot slip further away again.

Straight from the captain, who in a way had got lucky to rise to being our captain coming in at a lower level.

Like goldson, time served doesnt make you a Rangers captain or trophy winner.

We need change right from the top of the team.

Mentality change required.

Loosing any Rangers ethos when arfiekd, mcgregor and davis go in the summer.

What id do for a moaning faced Barry Ferguson.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Please no to fuck.

We are a squad of inexempt signings, injury prone or just not good enough standard, lower end championship defence imo.

The only point i disagree with you on is regarding Tav. I think he is still good enough, and still contributes. What would help would be a centre half with a bit of intellegence who would cover his side as he bombs forward, as at the moment there's no cover in behind at all. 

I would gut the rest of the back 4 though as they aren't good enough mentality wise, and we lack pace at the back. 

Also agree reg. Goldson. 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The only point i disagree with you on is regarding Tav. I think he is still good enough, and still contributes. What would help would be a centre half with a bit of intellegence who would cover his side as he bombs forward, as at the moment there's no cover in behind at all. 

I would gut the rest of the back 4 though as they aren't good enough mentality wise, and we lack pace at the back. 

Also agree reg. Goldson. 

I think one reason our defense is so jittery is that the don't 100% trust the keepers cover anymore.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think the reason it’s so jittery is just because it isn’t very good :lol:

Fair enough.  Definitely prone to a blunderor two. 😂

Having faith in the keeper would help too though.

7 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Facts. Don't need to overcomplicate it.

The only one of the back five who should be guaranteed a start next season is Goldson. I know he divides opinion on here, but we are a better side when he’s in it and with the deal he has and the relationship he has with the manager he isn’t going anywhere, so there’s no point of people going on about it. 

Think we need a keeper, a proper successor for Tav who can start to play games next season with an eye to becoming first choice the season after, a centre back who’s less flakey than Davies is and a left back too because I know Borna isn’t the long term answer and I’m not entirely convinced that Yilmaz is either.

We need at least six players with 12 moving out the door to allow us to have a competitive squad of around 25. 

That is a rebuild, considering it’s going to equally as difficult to move on players like Matondo as it is getting good players to replace the likes of Morelos and McGregor. 

It can’t be understated how massive this summer is, so clearly a rebuild and our esteemed ex DOF has left us with that

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The only one of the back five who should be guaranteed a start next season is Goldson. I know he divides opinion on here, but we are a better side when he’s in it and with the deal he has and the relationship he has with the manager he isn’t going anywhere, so there’s no point of people going on about it. 

Think we need a keeper, a proper successor for Tav who can start to play games next season with an eye to becoming first choice the season after, a centre back who’s less flakey than Davies is and a left back too because I know Borna isn’t the long term ander and I’m not entirely convinced that Yilmaz is either.

Think we need a proper look at Yilmaz, Barisic for me is finished in that position, too slow and not progressive enough unless it's dead ball.

Goldson, massive, good at in the air, worth keeping.

The rest of the defence, goalkeeper included we need to upgrade, and that includes having someone ready to go to replace Tav when necessary.

We don't replace Tav with anyone nearly as effective without spending multi millions.  He's earned the right to be here until the end of his career.  That doesn't mean we don't look at when that might be and developing an alternative, but if he had "more" he simply wouldn't still be here.  He is by far the best right back in the league over a long period of time, with assists and goals off the charts for a man who plays where he plays.  He has not delivered success as a captain, but that is a different conversation.  As a player, he is currently irreplaceable.  That doesn't mean he has to play every game, but he is 100% going to be part of our future.