What is needed going forward?

gogzy

3 hours ago, Ladytonbear said:

Genuine question, for those who think we will get a ‘complete overhaul’ in the summer- how many of the starting XI and the bench from yesterday will be in the squad come the first game next season? Not who you want to be there, but who will actually still be here?  I think the answer to that moves us from a complete overhaul to maybe a handful of ‘starters’ coming in

image.png

Keep: Tav, Souttar, Barisic Raskin Cantwell, Fashion, some will be firmly second choices if we get better in.

our defence needs changing as we lose too many goals Tav and Barisic will always be weak points defensively in the system we play with them pushing so far up and being used more as creators than defenders.

On 16/04/2023 at 22:53, Smile said:

Who cares what you agree with I do not seek agreement i merely post what I think. What is it with people on the internet that cannot accept differing views I can accept yours.

You might have missed this, but this is a discussion forum, not a soap box for you to spout your views into the wind. Don't be surprised when people engage in a discussion of your views, if you don't want that, perhaps Twitter is better for you to shout into the wind.

2 hours ago, theiconicman said:

You might have missed this, but this is a discussion forum, not a soap box for you to spout your views into the wind. Don't be surprised when people engage in a discussion of your views, if you don't want that, perhaps Twitter is better for you to shout into the wind.

This is off topic.

Going to be interesting to see if we try and raid QPR for a player or two, especially after Beale’s comments the other day about being able to trace the links and how it’s likely to be people he’s worked with before.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dieng, Laird, & Paal, Field, Willock & Dykes were all on his radar, maybe even more so if they do end up going down.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Should be a full scale riot if we sign Dykes.

Agreed, but he’s obviously a player Beale likes :lol: :megaanguish:

Think Field could be the left field player from QPR that we go after. 6’3 left footed, defensive midfielder who was capped by England at youth level and played nearly every minute under Beale when he was at QPR. Wouldn’t be surprised if we went for him, especially if Kamara and Lundstram leave.

29 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Going to be interesting to see if we try and raid QPR for a player or two, especially after Beale’s comments the other day about being able to trace the links and how it’s likely to be people he’s worked with before.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dieng, Laird, & Paal, Field, Willock & Dykes were all on his radar, maybe even more so if they do end up going down.

I don’t think their fans are big fans of Dieng so I’d stay clear :lol: 

On 17/04/2023 at 02:31, Smile said:

Keep: Tav, Souttar, Barisic Raskin Cantwell, Fashion, some will be firmly second choices if we get better in.

our defence needs changing as we lose too many goals Tav and Barisic will always be weak points defensively in the system we play with them pushing so far up and being used more as creators than defenders.

I think this is why we need better options centrally in defence and central midfield. 

What i believe should happen is if Tav bombs forward, whoever is on the right side in central defence moves across and the sitting midfielder then drops deeper so we still have cover, same if Borna pushes forward. That doesn't seem to happen and creates massive spaces in behind Tav and Borna. We need more game intelligence i think all over the park. 

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

LOL

Can see now why you worked for the record.

To get this back on topic, strikers defenders and midfielders and a Goalie and a Manager if Beale keeps getting pocketed by fat Postecoglu till the end of the season.

56 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think this is why we need better options centrally in defence and central midfield. 

What i believe should happen is if Tav bombs forward, whoever is on the right side in central defence moves across and the sitting midfielder then drops deeper so we still have cover, same if Borna pushes forward. That doesn't seem to happen and creates massive spaces in behind Tav and Borna. We need more game intelligence i think all over the park. 

Game intelligence has been woeful for years & remains so.  
Raskin & Cantwell showing encouraging signs but it’s early doors.  

Just now, OrangeRab said:

I hope to fuck we aren’t looking at anyone from QPR never mind Dykes. They are utterly shite. Signing relegation fodder from the championship is depressing (unless they are real star performers in a shite team)

Agree, I'm sure Beale was getting horsed when he left with the players he signed. He does say in interviews it's players he's worked with before.

34 minutes ago, Smile said:

To get this back on topic, strikers defenders and midfielders and a Goalie and a Manager if Beale keeps getting pocketed by fat Postecoglu till the end of the season.

Because I find you ridiculous 

53 minutes ago, Smile said:

Did you come out of hibernation to have a go at Beale? Looks that way.

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Did you come out of hibernation to have a go at Beale? Looks that way.

Some people have a life and responsibilities that mean they cannot spend their life on the internet 24/7 some people do not.

Now for the Beale question, is he untouchable as he's beaten the beatable teams in the league and failed three times against them I hate to think that was the case.

Just now, Smile said:

Some people have a life and responsibilities that mean they cannot spend their life on the internet 24/7 some people do not.

Now for the Beale question, is he untouchable as he's beaten the beatable teams in the league and failed three times against them I hate to think that was the case.

Need to give it some context to be fair…

Gio had dropped 6 points to the shite, Beale has dropped none.

Was fairly unlucky that individual fuck ups turned a win into a draw, and at least a draw into a loss in OF league games. 

And this is on the back of the same squad that everyone wants ripped up and got to fuck in the summer. 

31 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

He’s such a massive gobshite, forum was noticeably better without him.

I can see you are still a wee sensitive flower but I don't think me posting can change a whole forum for the better or make it any worse. No one has the power to do that.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Need to give it some context to be fair…

Gio had dropped 6 points to the shite, Beale has dropped none.

Was fairly unlucky that individual fuck ups turned a win into a draw, and at least a draw into a loss in OF league games. 

And this is on the back of the same squad that everyone wants ripped up and got to fuck in the summer. 

True, but you tell me do you think Beale has got it right in those three games or do you see red flags.

Lets be honest here.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

True, but you tell me do you think Beale has got it right in those three games or do you see red flags.

Lets be honest here.

Made mistakes in both the draw and the final imo.

Sands on instead of an attacker in the draw, as well as moving Sakala centrally. Quite minor, but a mistake in hindsight. 

Got his midfield badly wrong in the final.

Got it spot on away at the filth. Can’t legislated for Clancy, and his CBs arses collapsing.

Nothing that’s a red flag, or that he doesn’t appear to have learned from.