What is needed going forward?

gogzy

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I wont have the choice in whether he stays or goes I'm just giving my opinion which is he will find it hard to keep the support onboard if he doesn't do better against them.

He plays the same players yet expects a different outcome.

As opposed to playing different, arguably lesser quality players, and w pexting different outcomes.  

Folk need to take a deep breath and lose the childlike impatience, and give a manager a fighting chance to build a squad he can trust with players he wanted rather than inherited.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

As opposed to playing different, arguably lesser quality players, and w pexting different outcomes.  

Folk need to take a deep breath and lose the childlike impatience, and give a manager a fighting chance to build a squad he can trust with players he wanted rather than inherited.

The manager has to show against them that he has the know how to beat them in the next two games, the Cup semi as it's an important game the other game carries no significance now as he's not won the two previous league games against them.

You mistake childlike expectation for actual expectation that a Rangers supporter should demand.

when we see a manager stating we competed but never won again you have to wonder if he gets it, competing is the least we expect winning is what we should be getting.

35 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Sakala started against Celtic before, he’s also been fucking shite up front himself before. He was also absolutely shite when he came on and I say that as someone who rates him.

Morelos has six years and three goals Sakala was the on form player who was scoring for club and country Morelos has never done it against them.

Pick the same get the same result groundhog day.

54 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Fair. 

His results this season against them are less important than next season.

If he is well backed, he is going to need to win something or the calls to get rid will get really loud.

I would say that is spot on, I want him to be successful, but he needs to win things next season, with emphasis on the league. 

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think you can judge Beale until he gets a summer and a window. He’s done fine with a squad of shitebags, old guys, and guys that are never Rangers class - next season is the real test. 

100%. Does anyone think we have a better squad than they do at the moment? I don’t. So not going to get pissed at the manager if we don’t win. He’s not responsible for the disaster windows before him and the squad he inherited.

We’re already much closer after bringing in Raskin and Cantwell. Give him a full window to bring in 4-5. Then if results don’t change next year. The manager can be blamed.

And that’s not “accepting mediocrity”. I’m plenty pissed at where we’re at. The blame is for those in power who led us to this point. 

If they continue to outspend us, and spend it wisely, we’re going to have a tough job overturning them no matter who we have managing us.

Really want us to do that whilst their fat wank is still in charge rather than relying on him leaving for an EPL job though.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

The manager has to show against them that he has the know how to beat them in the next two games, the Cup semi as it's an important game the other game carries no significance now as he's not won the two previous league games against them.

You mistake childlike expectation for actual expectation that a Rangers supporter should demand.

when we see a manager stating we competed but never won again you have to wonder if he gets it, competing is the least we expect winning is what we should be getting.

We have no given right to win. In most leagues in most years the strongest squad win the league. That's often the one put together at the greatest cost, especially if they're in less upheaval than their main competitors.

Celtic are stable, spend more than us, and have the better squad than us. Why then should we be winning cups or leagues or away matches against them? Because we're Rangers and that's what we demand? The odds are against it, yes or no? And if yes, why then should the manager also be chased without having had even a preseason to get his own style of play and players brought in? 

Yes it needs done iver time, but there has to be a degree of reality, we can't just remain in a whirlpool of change and failure thinking changing managers is right only months into their tenure.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We have no given right to win. In most leagues in most years the strongest squad win the league. That's often the one put together at the greatest cost, especially if they're in less upheaval than their main competitors.

Celtic are stable, spend more than us, and have the better squad than us. Why then should we be winning cups or leagues or away matches against them? Because we're Rangers and that's what we demand? The odds are against it, yes or no? And if yes, why then should the manager also be chased without having had even a preseason to get his own style of play and players brought in? 

Yes it needs done iver time, but there has to be a degree of reality, we can't just remain in a whirlpool of change and failure thinking changing managers is right only months into their tenure.

Actually think there’s a huge sense of entitlement from people who grew up during the 9 in a row(I did).

Seem to believe you just have to snap your fingers and you’re winning leagues just cause of history. We got chucked down the leagues and it wasn’t 5 years of build it was 7 years of complete mismanagement. Wouldn’t say we properly started to build anything till Gerrard was appointed.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Actually think there’s a huge sense of entitlement from people who grew up during the 9 in a row(I did).

Seem to believe you just have to snap your fingers and you’re winning leagues just cause of history. We got chucked down the leagues and it wasn’t 5 years of build it was 7 years of complete mismanagement. Wouldn’t say we properly started to build anything till Gerrard was appointed.

Spot on. Its like folk refuse to look at the reality of the situation, and just think if it doesn't all click straight away (even against a settled financially stronger club) then we sack our managers as the way out of it. Cos we arra Rangers. t's baffling.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Spot on. Its like folk refuse to look at the reality of the situation, and just think if it doesn't all click straight away (even against a settled financially stronger club) then we sack our managers as the way out of it. Cos we arra Rangers. t's baffling.

We’d be the next Watford if they had their way.

Think what annoys me most is this accusation of zero standards for having the audacity for thinking a manager deserves some time to get his own team in. Nobody likes losing to celtic. But it’s a damn sight better than what was being offered by Gio.

49 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seems a long winded post  as I said it will be tough for Beale if he doesn't win any games against them this season.

Next season he will already be a marked man. You know how it works at Rangers.

What Beale can do is limited to the tools at his disposal. He is being diplomatic with his players and trying to build confidence in them. He has walked into a lot of dross, players who are past it, players who are not trying any more, injury prone players and players who are just not good enough. He needs time to move on these players and get his own in. With RW out of the selecting and buying process this may work for him. I think he needs 2 windows minimum if we have a small turnover of players, but if he can shift 6 to 8 this may free up money and gaps in the squad for better players. Going forward; the positions that will be improved on will depend on what players are in the market and what we can afford. He has his work cut out, I wish him well.

19 minutes ago, Smile said:

Seems a long winded post  as I said it will be tough for Beale if he doesn't win any games against them this season.

Next season he will already be a marked man. You know how it works at Rangers.

All relevant points imo in the (3 paragraph) long winded post 🤣. Maybe it's detail and objectivity you don't like, instead going for ignoring bigger pictures, entitlement and chest beating.

Never mind next season. If Beale doesnt get 2 wins and a draw to go with 2 defeats against a superior squad you want him gone. That's.a riddy.

34 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All relevant points imo in the (3 paragraph) long winded post 🤣. Maybe it's detail and objectivity you don't like, instead going for ignoring bigger pictures, entitlement and chest beating.

Never mind next season. If Beale doesnt get 2 wins and a draw to go with 2 defeats against a superior squad you want him gone. That's.a riddy.

You seem to be trying to make this a me and you debate here with the chest beating and entitlement stuff, and at the end that's a riddy, but for me saying that's a riddy is the embarrassment here.

We do not have to agree here or even go back and forward, I think no wins out of five will be hard for Beale to shake off, fair enough if you do not agree with that.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

You seem to be trying to make this a me and you debate here with the chest beating and entitlement stuff, and at the end that's a riddy, but for me saying that's a riddy is the embarrassment here.

We do not have to agree here or even go back and forward, I think no wins out of five will be hard for Beale to shake off, fair enough if you do not agree with that.

You seem to be struggling with the concept of debate on a football forum. On a Rangers forum, on a post you've made about wanting a newish manager sacked, I'm conversing. Feel free to end the chat whenever you want.

you said you'd want a new manager if Beale doesn't win the next 2 games against them. So could win a cup, draw at Ibrox, and you want him sacked before he's has a preseason.

That's an embarrassment of a view to have.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You seem to be struggling with the concept of debate on a football forum. On a Rangers forum, on a post you've made about wanting a newish manager sacked, I'm conversing. Feel free to end the chat whenever you want.

you said you'd want a new manager if Beale doesn't win the next 2 games against them. So could win a cup, draw at Ibrox, and you want him sacked before he's has a preseason.

That's an embarrassment of a view to have.

Not a struggle at all I'd love it to be more of a struggle but sadly its the same old forum nonsense for me, I just do not feel need to convince anyone of my points, I'm happy with them.

you seem to think you can try to create some back and forward to fill a void in your life but I do not need that. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not a struggle at all I'd love it to be more of a struggle but sadly its the same old forum nonsense for me, I just do not feel need to convince anyone of my points, I'm happy with them.

you seem to think you can try to create some back and forward to fill a void in your life but I do not need that. 

.....and yet you keep replying 🤣🤣🤣

You keep being you, keep wanting a manager sacked even if he wins a cup this season. You keep me smiling Smile, you're hilarious 👍

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Serious question mate, why do you come on here then? 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

.....and yet you keep replying 🤣🤣🤣

You keep being you, keep wanting a manager sacked even if he wins a cup this season. You keep me smiling Smile, you're hilarious 👍

You know why I do that as I'm courteous and a decent guy. you have a nice day now(say that in a southern twang).

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Serious question mate, why do you come on here then? 

Mainly to read lately but I thought I would join in a bit as most forums due to twitter and TikTok are not doing so great and I prefer forums to those mediums.

My TikTok dancing is also not great.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

You know why I do that as I'm courteous and a decent guy. you have a nice day now(say that in a southern twang).

Or you like to debate and discuss. Other than when you've been ridiculous and you try to deflect from the daft pov rather than explain why.

Essentials: GK, ST, LW
Needed: RW
Desirable: DM, LB, CB

7 players in total, assuming Kent and Morelos both go. 

Would like a new keeper, a new number 1 striker, 2 new wingers, someone to replace Lundstram/Jack (big physical DM to control the game and partner Raskin). Ahead of that we're covered with Cantwell, Tillman, Lawrence, Hagi, Lowry etc. Another CB to compete with Davies and someone to replace Barisic unless we're confident with Yilmaz. 

Leaving: Morelos, Kent, McGregor, Davis, Arfield, hopefully Kamara and Lundstram, although may be easier to lose Kamara and Jack, try and shift Barisic too.