What is needed going forward?

gogzy

With Beale coming in mid season there was always going to be a danger that this narrative would start if results didn’t go our way against them. I don’t want him sacked because everybody knows we need a massive overhaul of the squad and next season the side will look different, but he’s already on a slippery slope if he doesn’t get a win over them before the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mcgregor, Jack, Kent, Morelos, arfield, Davis, Tillman, Helander, kieran wright. Sands was 10th but he's away.

Tillman isn't out of contract, his loan is ending with the option to buy him, which we likely will.

I'm also not including a 4th choice youth keeper who has never played for us.

So effectively McGregor, Jack, Kent and Morelos are the only ones out of contract that actually get any meaningful gametime and it's likely jack will get an extension.

This summer won't be a complete overhaul. We'll sign probably 5-6 players, which is a lot less than this season, with about 10 or so going to bring the squad numbers down.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

With Beale coming in mid season there was always going to be a danger that this narrative would start if results didn’t go our way against them. I don’t want him sacked because everybody knows we need a massive overhaul of the squad and next season the side will look different, but he’s already on a slippery slope if he doesn’t get a win over them before the end of the season.

Beale has done a good job domestically compared to where we were. His record in old firms leaves a lot to be desired but he deserves to go up against them with his own squad.

My main concern is with the last 3 managers there hasn't been much change in terms of setup and I think we struggle and have done generally in creating chances. We stick with two holding mids and rely on fullbacks width to get balls into the box yet were normally aiming at one striker with no midfielders getting beyond into the box. I'd love to see us try something else in the remaining league games this season. 

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Tillman isn't out of contract, his loan is ending with the option to buy him, which we likely will.

So effectively McGregor, Jack, Kent and Morelos are the only ones out of contract that actually get any meaningful gametime and it's likely jack will get an extension.

This summer won't be a complete overhaul. We'll sign probably 5-6 players, which is a lot less than this season, with about 10 or so going to bring the squad numbers down.

Not sure if he's talking shite but a boy in my works dad works with the youth team and he's said Tillman doesn't want to stay. 

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

A draw, late Jan signings too late for Old Firm and robbed by a ref away.

Fucking ridiculous this narrative is starting after the pumpings we received under Gio.

53 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When you're sacking managers without giving them their own tools, against an established opponent and more expensive squad then nothing will ever change.

I wont have the choice in whether he stays or goes I'm just giving my opinion which is he will find it hard to keep the support onboard if he doesn't do better against them.

He plays the same players yet expects a different outcome.

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Not sure if he's talking shite but a boy in my works dad works with the youth team and he's said Tillman doesn't want to stay. 

Hopefully not true but I heard the same in the pub on Friday night. The link being one of the guys in the pub being friendly with Christian Nerlinger (actually something to do with the wives) who is now a football agent although not Tillman's agent. Somehow Nerlinger was involved in talks last week (not sure why if he's not Tillman's agent but it was something to do with Bayern???) and Tillman apparently doesn't want to stay.

That's my nowhere near ITK story 😂

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

I never thought a Rangers manager would ever be allowed to stay almost 4 years with only one trophy in the bag , with Beale as his sidekick.

We kept Gerrard for who he was rather than what he's won, Villa and a better standard of league and coach exposed them quicker.

17 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yes, it's been talked about a lot lately. He's a decent player against the lesser teams in our league but struggled to shine against them.

I cant see him being here next season as 5 millions a big chunk of our transfer money, he did help earn that against PSV all the same.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

I wont have the choice in whether he stays or goes I'm just giving my opinion which is he will find it hard to keep the support onboard if he doesn't do better against them.

He plays the same players yet expects a different outcome.

Which different players would you like him to pull from his arse to play instead?

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Hopefully not true but I heard the same in the pub on Friday night. The link being one of the guys in the pub being friendly with Christian Nerlinger (actually something to do with the wives) who is now a football agent although not Tillman's agent. Somehow Nerlinger was involved in talks last week (not sure why if he's not Tillman's agent but it was something to do with Bayern???) and Tillman apparently doesn't want to stay.

That's my nowhere near ITK story 😂

He’d be a good signing, but for 5m I don’t think we couldn’t get the same elsewhere. 

Rather have him than the unknown but certainly won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t come. Lawrence and hopefully Roofe(I know) will be available next season.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Which different players would you like him to pull from his arse to play instead?

Well against the scum he should have started Sakala who was in fine scoring form and was scoring for us and his country yet he started a player who has 3 goals in six years and cannot run.

He also started Tillman who is too slow for games against them and has struggled.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Well against the scum he should have started Sakala who was in fine scoring form and was scoring for us and his country yet he started a player who has 3 goals in six years and cannot run.

He also started Tillman who is too slow for games against them and has struggled.

Yes and Sakala has been absolutely gash against them at times too. It was working well before the defensive breakdowns and Clancys ref issues.

So by all the same players all the time what you’ve come up with is Sakala in the last OF? Who is one of the ‘same’ players.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Yes and Sakala has been absolutely gash against them at times too. It was working well before the defensive breakdowns and Clancys ref issues.

So by all the same players all the time what you’ve come up with is Sakala in the last OF? Who is one of the ‘same’ players.

Sakala has been more threatening against them than Morelos subtle changes can make the difference, staying the same and picking the same players has us getting the same results.

41 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Has the auro about him tbh, the slow swagger thing though its night and day from the start of the season, chases back now and does the off the ball stuff better.

Coming from Bayern, he'll maybe see him better than the Sphell.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Fs, another person on this forum who actually knows about fitba 👍

My concern is what 'we need' and what 'we get' might be two different things :sad: but a new GK, CH, one/two midfielders and a front three, all better than what will be leaving.

M B, who I like as person, will be here next season and should be since we gave him the job this mid-season with only one transfer window, but like new players he will have to find a way of beating the tarriers, no Rangers manager can survive if we cannot challenge/beat them next season, I hope with a lot of his own players he can do that. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Beale has done a good job domestically compared to where we were. His record in old firms leaves a lot to be desired but he deserves to go up against them with his own squad.

My main concern is with the last 3 managers there hasn't been much change in terms of setup and I think we struggle and have done generally in creating chances. We stick with two holding mids and rely on fullbacks width to get balls into the box yet were normally aiming at one striker with no midfielders getting beyond into the box. I'd love to see us try something else in the remaining league games this season. 

I’ve noticed we are consistently getting more players into the box in recent weeks, it’s the ruthless streak to execute these moments we are lacking in.  

48 minutes ago, Smile said:

Sakala has been more threatening against them than Morelos subtle changes can make the difference, staying the same and picking the same players has us getting the same results.

Sakala started against Celtic before, he’s also been fucking shite up front himself before. He was also absolutely shite when he came on and I say that as someone who rates him.

21 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

My concern is what 'we need' and what 'we get' might be two different things :sad: but a new GK, CH, one/two midfielders and a front three, all better than what will be leaving.

M B, who I like as person, will be here next season and should be since we gave him the job this mid-season with only one transfer window, but like new players he will have to find a way of beating the tarriers, no Rangers manager can survive if we cannot challenge/beat them next season, I hope with a lot of his own players he can do that. 

Fair. 

His results this season against them are less important than next season.

If he is well backed, he is going to need to win something or the calls to get rid will get really loud.

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

He's under contract with us and as it stands isn't in contract next season. 

10 out 5 or 6 in isn't an overhaul? Righto.

Just watching the highlights and yet again frustrated at mcgregor not even moving for either goal. Fair enough these aren't the best examples, as the goals themselves were well taken, but too many times this season he doesn't even make an attempt.

2 years too far for what is undoudtedly a legendary keeper, but really can't wait to see the back of him.

So aye, new keeper absolute priority.