What is needed going forward?

gogzy

Beale saying yesterday he wants us to be aggressive in our transfer dealings, go out and get our targets signed and brought in early.

Absolutely essential that, he needs new players in and a full preseason with them to get them fully fit plus get his tactics and style of play imposed on them. Too often our deals are completed late in the day.

56 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or you like to debate and discuss. Other than when you've been ridiculous and you try to deflect from the daft pov rather than explain why.

I feel I have made my point it's a simple one really and not worthy of so much time, my point as I have said is "Beale will find it tough to keep supporters on his side if he doesn't win in five games against them"

He's done well against the SPFL jobbers but failed in the tests against them.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I feel I have made my point it's a simple one really and not worthy of so much time, my point as I have said is "Beale will find it tough to keep supporters on his side if he doesn't win in five games against them"

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Decent footballers and if Beale does not win the next two games against them a new manager as that will be five times he hasn't beaten them.

Good talker though.

No. You said if Beale doesn't win the next 2 games against them we should be looking for a new manager.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No. You said if Beale doesn't win the next 2 games against them we should be looking for a new manager.

What's the problem with that? you would happily see us not win five times a season against them and not think "hey maybe we should have gone for an experienced manager and not the easy option"

I am allowed to hold that opinion. We will see soon enough if Beale earns himself more time.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

What's the problem with that? you would happily see us not win five times a season against them and not think "hey maybe we should have gone for an experienced manager and not the easy option"

I am allowed to hold that opinion.

It's ridiculous that if we win the cup and draw at home anyone would want him gone in the circumstances. Total stupidity .

If we win every league game left, bar a draw v them, and win the cup that's not enough for you. 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's ridiculous that if we win the cup and draw at home anyone would want him gone in the circumstances. Total stupidity .

It's my opinion though agreements optional. He still has time to prove himself.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

It's my opinion though agreements optional. He still has time to prove himself.

So to clarify if we win every remaining league game bar a draw v them, and win the cup, he's not done enough and should be replaced? A yes or no will do.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So to clarify if we win every remaining league game bar a draw v them, and win the cup, he's not done enough and should be replaced? A yes or no will do.

He has to beat them in the cup semi and obviously the win the final the other league game means nothing now, it will also give him breathing space for next season.

He's not won against them in three games and that's been down to him with his poor subs and choices in games he's admitted as much himself.

A bit longer than yes/no right enough.

If he doesn't win i would doubt his position others may not which is fair enough.

Just now, Smile said:

He has to beat them in the cup semi and obviously the win the final the other league game means nothing now, it will also give him breathing space for next season.

He's not won against them in three games and that's been down to him with his poor subs and choices in games he's admitted as much himself.

A bit longer than yes/no right enough.

If he doesn't win i would doubt his position other may not which is fair enough.

Long winded post. Contradicts your earlier "must win both" comment. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Long winded post. Contradicts your earlier "must win both" comment. 

Not at all, do you honestly think Rangers supporters will back him if he's not won in five against them, this bigger picture nonsense is okay when said on the internet but we have to stop them.

Like any manager at us he has to win against them to get some breathing space.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not at all, do you honestly think Rangers supporters will back him if he's not won in five against them, this bigger picture nonsense is okay when said on the internet but we have to stop them.

Like any manager at us he has to win against them to get some breathing space.

You stated win both games. Now you're backtracking on it. Its fine, that's better than doubling down with that nonsense that he could have won every game and cup bar home league game v them and youd have still wanted him gone. That's what was ridiculous and its good you've seen sense.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You stated win both games. Now you're backtracking on it. Its fine, that's better than doubling down with that nonsense that he could have won every game and cup bar home league game v them and youd have still wanted him gone. That's what was ridiculous and its good you've seen sense.

I prefer to win both games obviously but the semi the important game. Do you think they will care about the last game against us not beating them at home then losing at parkpead saw to that.

You seem to not like a poster giving his opinion if it does not match up with yours.

Just now, Smile said:

I prefer to win both games obviously but the semi the important game. Do you think they will care about the last game against us.

We'd all want to win both, most will want to win the semi between the 2. The last game will be important to them if the league is still live, less so if won.

But Beale doesn't have to win both or face calls for his sacking ffs without even considering all other results til end of season, which was your point I picked up on and fortunately seems to no longer be your one held.

41 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We'd all want to win both, most will want to win the semi between the 2. The last game will be important to them if the league is still live, less so if won.

But Beale doesn't have to win both or face calls for his sacking ffs without even considering all other results til end of season, which was your point I picked up on and fortunately seems to no longer be your one held.

You seem to have gone off on one here I still think a manager who doesn't win in five games against them will have calls for his head, why would he not?

Do you think anyone will care if he can beat the fodder he will be judged on games against them as has always been the case for any Rangers manager.

I don't get the going back and forward we clearly do not agree so it's kinda pointless.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he can't beat them in 5 attempts it doesn't bode well for next season whatsoever. 

Think it depends on the manner. The team that will have played them 5 times won’t be the team that plays next season. 3-4 new additions in the Summer could/will totally change us. 

We’ve already shown in the last 3 we are much closer with players back fit and signing Raskin and Cantwell. Could just as easily have been 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss.

Off the back of a 4-0. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

You seem to have gone off on one here I still think a manager who doesn't win in five games against them will have calls for his head, why would he not?

Do you think anyone will care if he can beat the fodder he will be judged on games against them as has always been the case for any Rangers manager.

I don't get the going back and forward we clearly do not agree so it's kinda pointless.

A win in 5 is different from saying he needs to win the next 2. Which is your original claim, as I've quoted. Happy to requote it if needed?

On your claim, he could win the cup, draw the league and you'd want him replaced. You've confirmed that to be your pov now yes? So even if he wins a cup and every league game remaining bar 1 draw you want him out. That's what you say, then contradict, then agree, then contradict.

I actually think you know you fucked it by saying he needs to win the next 2 OF games but for some reason won't say you posted that in error. You now realise how ridiculous it is If he wins a cup bit it's easier to double down on it.

Whatever 🤣

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he can't beat them in 5 attempts it doesn't bode well for next season whatsoever. 

Well out of the three so far:

The first game he had a ridiculous injury list and yes he could have made better subs but the pathetic defending for the second is hardly his fault.

The second was entirely on him for starting Kamara and Lundstram and refusing to take them off early doors.

The third isn't even close to being his fault. You could have the best blend of Bill Struth and Pep Guardiola in that dugout and still lose that game if your two centre halves are going to act like that.

In other words, I think any manager would struggle beating them with this squad right now. They don't score enough chances, make too many defensive errors, have a decrepit old man for a goalkeeper and half of them have an utter shitebag mindset, all of which is beyond his control. Even Walter couldn't save this squad.

18 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

The first game he had a ridiculous injury list and yes he could have made better subs but the pathetic defending for the second is hardly his fault.

The second was entirely on him for starting Kamara and Lundstram and refusing to take them off early doors.

The third isn't even close to being his fault. You could have the best blend of Bill Struth and Pep Guardiola in that dugout and still lose that game if your two centre halves are going to act like that.

In other words, I think any manager would struggle beating them with this squad right now. They don't score enough chances, make too many defensive errors, have a decrepit old man for a goalkeeper and half of them have an utter shitebag mindset, all of which is beyond his control. Even Walter couldn't save this squad.

Some ridiculous injury list, we managed to play our strongest team outwith Jack, who was on the bench. He fucked it by watching us drop deeper, and deeper and instead of trying to change it he brought on James Sands. He also watched Sakala terrorise Juranovic down the right, and then put him central to put Scott Wright out wide. 

32 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

You really think a draw and 2 defeats the best we could of got?

4 hours ago, Smile said:

I kind of see where you are coming from but I think it is actually quite complicated and in flux.

The standard of who he gets in, how well his recruits perform, good goals not being given due to a poor ref, a complete colapse against the tims and the board not giving enough money to buy quality are some of the things that will/may alter the supports view of Beale. We all want to beat the tims and lift leagues and cups but we also recognise our recruitment has been so poor so we now have a squad with a lot of dross in it, that find it difficult to consistently perform to a league and cup winning standard.

This is where Beale is starting from, this is not the 55 winning team, it is 2 years older and 2 of the main players have gone and others in the squad have went down hill since the 55 season, some of them markedly.

If recruitment goes well but he makes mistakes that costs us games against the tims he will get it in the neck, but if recuitment goes badly because of interference from the boards or we are performing well but are robbed in games by doggy ref then the support will be more forgiving.

25 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Some ridiculous injury list, we managed to play our strongest team outwith Jack, who was on the bench. He fucked it by watching us drop deeper, and deeper and instead of trying to change it he brought on James Sands. He also watched Sakala terrorise Juranovic down the right, and then put him central to put Scott Wright out wide. 

Fair enough, don't know why I remember us having more injuries for that game. I agree that Sands coming on was the wrong sub entirely, should have Roofe or Colak even if they were only fit for 20 minutes. 

There seems to be people who think our squad is a mess, isn't good enough to compete with celtic and needs a complete overhaul, but at the same time think Beale should be sacked if he doesn't beat celtic in our next 2 games.

Both of these can't be true at the same time.