General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Be playing 3 games a week for the first 5 months minimum next season so having someone who can come in for the lesser games and get 15+ goals, on low wages probably and has a good attitude. Exactly what a good squad player should be.

Heard he was on 20k. Not low or high tbf

54 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

See Colak has changed his agent, will be disappointed if he leaves.

It's to CAA stellar who represent half the squad though. Seems everyone Rangers sign is aligned to the same 3 or 4 agencies, which suggests fishing from a very shallow pool when it comes to identifying players.

I guess he’s only played about 300 minutes since Beale has arrived. Given we’re signing a new striker and the hope is Roofe will be back. The thinking might be if they could recoup the 2million fee + wages then put that into

new striker

roofe

then as your 3rd choice you could get someone in for free + youth, Sakala 

24 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh don’t mind either way.

More generally I think the only way we win the league (or best possible chance) is to spend the money and go all in on trying to get a starting quality 11 that is good enough. So freeing up wages and cashing in on non starters where possible. And just hope that you go through the season without too many injuries. 

image.gif.3dfacd9eb0b17736314a1e771cbd88a8.gif

27 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I guess he’s only played about 300 minutes since Beale has arrived. Given we’re signing a new striker and the hope is Roofe will be back. The thinking might be if they could recoup the 2million fee + wages then put that into

new striker

roofe

then as your 3rd choice you could get someone in for free + youth, Sakala 

Can't rely on Roofe being a second choice striker. We need a number 1 striker, a number 2 striker and Roofe as a luxury. Sakala as the realistic 3rd choice

yeh have heard that the medical department are pretty optimistic about Roofe but fuck knows. 

Think we’re going to have to cut a few corners given where we are and I don’t think we have the luxury of having a beefy squad.

I’d accept bids for anyone not in the starting 11 tbh. Free up wages and get a core that are capable of winning the league. if we could get 10million for 3 of Hagi, kamara, colak, Lundstrum. I’d do it and stick that into first team signings.

And try and be clever and beef out the squad players with frees/loans where possible but ultimately have a trimmer squad. 

53 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

yeh have heard that the medical department are pretty optimistic about Roofe but fuck knows. 

Think we’re going to have to cut a few corners given where we are and I don’t think we have the luxury of having a beefy squad.

I’d accept bids for anyone not in the starting 11 tbh. Free up wages and get a core that are capable of winning the league. if we could get 10million for 3 of Hagi, kamara, colak, Lundstrum. I’d do it and stick that into first team signings.

And try and be clever and beef out the squad players with frees/loans where possible but ultimately have a trimmer squad. 

You could sell all 4 and still not get 10m. That would also be an incredible turnover of players. 

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

There was no chance we ever spent £5 Million+ on Tillman given the rebuild we have and lack of funds. 

Pretty worried about the future if we're not willing to make that sort of investment on someone of his quality.

5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

There was no chance we ever spent £5 Million+ on Tillman given the rebuild we have and lack of funds. 

Rightly so.

We need players who are going to star i  high profile games, thats what delivers titles.

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Willock doesn't even get a game for QPR.

He would be a horrendous signing.

Not so sure. Their poty last year. On their forum he’s talked of pretty well. “Fantastic” “best player when he can be arsed”. So sounds like he has the quality. But question marks over attitude, fitness and injury.

sounds like he didn’t want qpr to extend an option on his contract and he’s downed tools a bit

7 hours ago, NI said:

I wish he made it here, always liked the lad.

Versatile, hard working, technically not the best.

Would put his body on the line to stop shots unlike our current options. Sometimes you need that in certain games in the Sphell... like we learned again on Sunday.

Another shocker from Stevie G, played outstanding, touted future captain and Scotland international then no where to be seen, just like katic was the fall guy for dilly dally finger pointer goldson.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Versatile, hard working, technically not the best.

Would put his body on the line to stop shots unlike our current options.

Another shocker from Stevie G, played outstanding, touted future captain and Scotland international then no where to be seen, just like katic was the fall guy for dilly dally finger pointer goldson.

Give it a fucking break eh, every thread you have to bring him up. Becoming worse than kyles obsession with Gerrard. We know you don't like him, you don;t have to shoehorn it into every conversation.