Next season

kelvd1873

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Who has the best success with a youth team Beale or Smith?

Gerrard took over at a completely different time Beale took over a team who the season before had got to a Europa League final and won a cup okay the players had chucked it but that on them.

Gerrard took over in the summer and was backed financially. He had the opportunity to grow and develop and won the league in his 3rd season.

Beale came in in November but apparently has to win it in his first full season. Seemingly regardless of the other horse in a two horse race potentially spending more.

You're critical of Beale, hold this season and OF gamesxand cup losses against him yet admit the players (only two of whom he signed and did well) had chucked it. Makes no sense 😂

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Beale has to win it this season glad Postecoglu will be away as Beale struggled against him.

Agree that we need to win the league back but think you’re harsh on Beale that he struggled.

He came into a shitshow of injury hit squad with low confidence, we should have won the game at New Year.

LCF thought he was too passive but in 60 seconds we go from 1-1 to 2-0.

League game at the Piggery , tactics were spot on but two absolute brain farts let us down.

SCSF don’t think there was much in the game, again individual mistake cost us.

Game at Ibrox, they make the individual mistakes and for once we punish them properly.

IMO there isn’t a lot between us and with the freshness of signings similar to Cantwell and Raskin and the type of pre-season that Gerrard hammered into the team then I genuinely think we can turn this around and win the league.

Could be I am optimistic loyal but would rather fail believing in something than giving it ‘told you so’.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He inherited a bigger shambles than Beale did. By a long shot.

That's very true.

But 48m to spend allowed him to improve his 1st 11 and importantly his squad.  He got rid of many of their weaknesses, he was fully backed by their Board and he made the most of it. 

They coped with absences in a way we couldn't.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gerrard took over in the summer and was backed financially. He had the opportunity to grow and develop and won the league in his 3rd season.

Beale came in in November but apparently has to win it in his first full season. Seemingly regardless of the other horse in a two horse race potentially spending more.

You're critical of Beale, hold this season and OF gamesxand cup losses against him yet admit the players (only two of whom he signed and did well) had chucked it. Makes no sense 😂

That’s the case with every manager, and rightly so.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

In terms of fan expectations at the start of the season I think it was the same as Beale just now. 

Which isn't really objective, it's more about our demands, and hatred of the other mob winning.

In a neutral league if one team are settled, bigger assets, spend more on transfers, experienced champions against a lesser team comparatively then you'd expect the first described team to win. But we don't.

I'm saying Beale like Gerrard will need to win against the odds. But especially given the huge upheaval its far from guaranteed well win this season. Folk expecting us to are super confident. Those demanding he be sacked if we don't (and there's already been calls for him to go) are absurd.

Like with Gerrard we need to continue improving. Doubt it'll be as immediate as some demand. And unfortunately that's why I reckon its significant if their manager leaves as I think we need them not to be as good too.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Which isn't really objective, it's more about our demands, and hatred of the other mob winning.

In a neutral league if one team are settled, bigger assets, spend more on transfers, experienced champions against a lesser team comparatively then you'd expect the first described team to win. But we don't.

I'm saying Beale like Gerrard will need to win against the odds. But especially given the huge upheaval its far from guaranteed well win this season. Folk expecting us to are super confident. Those demanding he be sacked if we don't (and there's already been calls for him to go) are absurd.

Like with Gerrard we need to continue improving. Doubt it'll be as immediate as some demand. And unfortunately that's why I reckon its significant if their manager leaves as I think we need them not to be as good too.

I’d disagree with that though, look at Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, and I suppose you can say Tottenham/Arsenal to a much smaller extent, they all expect to win leagues, when they’re up against City.

Think it’ll be an absolute disgrace if we don’t win the league and a cup next season at the very least. 

The pressure is well and truly on us now with them hunting for a new manager. If we get done by another unknown after one season we’re in big trouble 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d disagree with that though, look at Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, and I suppose you can say Tottenham/Arsenal to a much smaller extent, they all expect to win leagues, when they’re up against City.

Not in a 2 horse race.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s just the way football is isn’t it? Big clubs are expected to win stuff by their fans.

And I'm just bringing objectivity into it rather than passion or historical success.

But if their manager leaves, or if Beale gets a good chunk of money and more than them to spend, then yeah it pushes it more towards expectation for this coming season.

Bookies get far more right than wrong and as it stands I'd imagine the scum are favourites, for good reason.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And I'm just bringing objectivity into it rather than passion or historical success.

But if their manager leaves, or if Beale gets a good chunk of money and more than them to spend, then yeah it pushes it more towards expectation for this coming season.

Bookies get far more right than wrong and as it stands I'd imagine the scum are favourites, for good reason.

Wait until next season ends and I’m collecting money on a Rangers/Arsenal double