Next season

kelvd1873

21 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Think it’ll be an absolute disgrace if we don’t win the league and a cup next season at the very least. 

The pressure is well and truly on us now with them hunting for a new manager. If we get done by another unknown after one season we’re in big trouble 

They’ve still a better squad than us tho, no sure on your thinking here other than you expecting it to happen.

He will take 1-2 players max, they’re squad is fair bit ahead of ours no matter who the Manager is 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wait until next season ends and I’m collecting money on a Rangers/Arsenal double

Also maybe worth putting a cheeky wee punt on Spurs sacking their new manager, whoever that may turn out to be...

We are fckn better than them in every way -  they cannot acknowledge their seedy history and think they are holier than nough (deluded cnts).

Cantwell and Raskin are already the two best players in their positions in Scotland and they know it. In Beale we trust and can see us destroying them next season if he gets the players he wants.

The league must be the target this season.

Any manager of ours must have that as their goal every season, and to win at least one of the cups. They've had it their own way for too long.

We're looking positive at the moment, getting players tied up early so that we can get the squad hopefully bonded quickly. 

We can't afford to wait another 10 / 11 years for a league trophy. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Didn't you say two cups were the minimum this season when he came in otherwise you wanted him gone?

Yes, I decided it was blatantly obvious the players needed to leave first though.

Treble is the minimum next season 

9 hours ago, ayro said:

Agree that we need to win the league back but think you’re harsh on Beale that he struggled.

He came into a shitshow of injury hit squad with low confidence, we should have won the game at New Year.

LCF thought he was too passive but in 60 seconds we go from 1-1 to 2-0.

League game at the Piggery , tactics were spot on but two absolute brain farts let us down.

SCSF don’t think there was much in the game, again individual mistake cost us.

Game at Ibrox, they make the individual mistakes and for once we punish them properly.

IMO there isn’t a lot between us and with the freshness of signings similar to Cantwell and Raskin and the type of pre-season that Gerrard hammered into the team then I genuinely think we can turn this around and win the league.

Could be I am optimistic loyal but would rather fail believing in something than giving it ‘told you so’.

Yes, I guess it does sound like I told you so kind of post but then again so do most posts on players so managers should  be no different.

I agree with some parts of your post but the game at Ibrox should never have been lost then in the other games we were in it as you say but didn't not sub till 86 minutes and their players were there for the taking.

The Aberdeen game was amateur hour.

9 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

We are fckn better than them in every way -  they cannot acknowledge their seedy history and think they are holier than nough (deluded cnts).

Cantwell and Raskin are already the two best players in their positions in Scotland and they know it. In Beale we trust and can see us destroying them next season if he gets the players he wants.

We are only better than them when we consistently beat them we have not done that in a competitive game and we have just watched them win another treble.

Cantwell has been excellent so far Raskin for me needs a pre-season as he runs out of steam quite early but you can see his qualities.

50 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, I guess it does sound like I told you so kind of post but then again so do most posts on players so managers should  be no different.

I agree with some parts of your post but the game at Ibrox should never have been lost then in the other games we were in it as you say but didn't not sub till 86 minutes and their players were there for the taking.

The Aberdeen game was amateur hour.

Not having a dig on the style of post as each to their own opinion.

The game at Ibrox should have been won and the substitutions were questionable but again that game came down to individual mistakes for both goals.

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

Not having a dig on the style of post as each to their own opinion.

The game at Ibrox should have been won and the substitutions were questionable but again that game came down to individual mistakes for both goals.

Football always comes down to individual mistakes if we are being frank here.

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

Football always comes down to individual mistakes if we are being frank here.

It can do, which makes it difficult to pin on a manager unless it’s the same player / tactic / strategy that leads to you losing goals.

Unfortunately over the last season I would put that down to the players than the manager and would include this under GvB.

When you look at the goals we have conceded this season the amount of clear individual mistakes is horrendous.

11 hours ago, ayro said:

Agree that we need to win the league back but think you’re harsh on Beale that he struggled.

He came into a shitshow of injury hit squad with low confidence, we should have won the game at New Year.

LCF thought he was too passive but in 60 seconds we go from 1-1 to 2-0.

League game at the Piggery , tactics were spot on but two absolute brain farts let us down.

SCSF don’t think there was much in the game, again individual mistake cost us.

Game at Ibrox, they make the individual mistakes and for once we punish them properly.

IMO there isn’t a lot between us and with the freshness of signings similar to Cantwell and Raskin and the type of pre-season that Gerrard hammered into the team then I genuinely think we can turn this around and win the league.

Could be I am optimistic loyal but would rather fail believing in something than giving it ‘told you so’.

I think that’s all just excuse making though, reads like them in the Tommy Burns era.

Ultimately they’ve just secured another treble and have 10 out the last 11 league titles.

Not Beale’s fault as the squad was needing ripped up at least 2 years ago. Promising signs from him so far. 

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We can't go years again without winning the league, it's an absolute nonsense anyway that you need 2-3 seasons to do it. 

Depends on the circumstances really.

If their manager stays, has a team which has won two trebles, and they spend more on transfers and salaries than us then what logic is there that we should expect to win. Every matric incl goals for / against, value of squad, guaranteed income (from CL) is in their favour.

If he leaves and we spend well (£15-20m) then this rightly tips the dial more in our favour than it currently is.

We can all expect us to win because we're Rangers and those are the demands. But is there substance to back up and justify it objectively?

Beale has a huge overhaul ahead and is facing a different set of circumstances to the ones Postecoglu and Gerrard did. He'll need to overcome that mobs dominance against the odds. You demand it next season, my gut feeling right now is that's overly hopeful. I may well change that as signings are made or leave and their new manager is named.

40 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think that’s all just excuse making though, reads like them in the Tommy Burns era.

Ultimately they’ve just secured another treble and have 10 out the last 11 league titles.

Not Beale’s fault as the squad was needing ripped up at least 2 years ago. Promising signs from him so far. 

It is a bit and I actually feel a bit like it’s the 90s only difference is we are finishing 2nd, tbh cup wins would paper over the cracks albeit I would still take them over fuck all.

Whilst 10 out of 11 is the reality, there’s fuck all we can do about not being there for half of that, I don’t want to go all remember where we were pish but again the reality of what happened in 2012-2016 gave them such a substantial boost in budget and silverware it was always going to take time to try and get things back towards a level playing field.

Unfortunately I think this is still an issue due to their trading model being superior to ours but hopefully Beale can change that this summer to get the title back.

14 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They gave the Aussie £48m since he's been here to spend which dwarfs our outlay.

If he leaves and they back their new manager to the same scale then its more likely they'll spend more than us and its odds on in their favour.

It's hardly "no excuses" if they outspend us. Though that will be the challenge Beale like Gerrard will ultimately have to overcome.

No excuses for the club is right. We spent 15 last Summer with 15 plus any sales this Summer. And we let Kent and Morelos go for nothing.

So really we should have had a similar amount for our rebuild.

Beale wasn’t in charge for last summers complete fuckery. He’s been left with a sizeable rebuild that should have been much smaller by now and with more money left to spend.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

No excuses for the club is right. We spent 15 last Summer with 15 plus any sales this Summer. And we let Kent and Morelos go for nothing.

So really we should have had a similar amount for our rebuild.

Beale wasn’t in charge for last summers complete fuckery. He’s been left with a sizeable rebuild that should have been much smaller by now and with more money left to spend.

We spent 15m on players that Beale inherited, hopefully he can recoup that and add it to his budget. If he can get a warchest of £15m plus (I'm yet to be convinced he will) and add to it with trading then he'll have been well backed. Still not as much as Postecoglou, but well backed nonetheless.

2 hours ago, ayro said:

It can do, which makes it difficult to pin on a manager unless it’s the same player / tactic / strategy that leads to you losing goals.

Unfortunately over the last season I would put that down to the players than the manager and would include this under GvB.

When you look at the goals we have conceded this season the amount of clear individual mistakes is horrendous.

Since Beales came in we have had 22 league games and lost 23 goals, its not improved.

2 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’d go as far as saying these mistakes were basically gifts. Terrible season for it against them. 

they were not really mistakes postecoglu caught beale out with the same press and the same easy ball down the sides he worked on that we didn't to combat it.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

they were not really mistakes postecoglu caught beale out with the same press and the same easy ball down the sides he worked on that we didn't to combat it.

Fucking hell. Did you watch the games? Souttars back pass to McGregor who came off his line like he was in the cast of coccon was a mistake. Davies heading a ball like he was playing Sunday league to their striker was a mistake. Fuck all to do with Ange's press.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We spent 15m on players that Beale inherited, hopefully he can recoup that and add it to his budget. If he can get a warchest of £15m plus (I'm yet to be convinced he will) and add to it with trading then he'll have been well backed. Still not as much as Postecoglou, but well backed nonetheless.

15million and a window would be great backing for a normal window. Not really for a total overhaul which is close to what’s still needed.

The rebuild should have been well on its way. The job facing Beale is far larger than it should have been.

We can’t sit here and use the celtic had 50 million to spend as an excuse. When we could have been in the same spot. 

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I mean the actual player mistakes of Jack and defence not clearing their lines at new year. Davies not heading the ball clear and souttars short back pass at the piggery. And then the midfield/defence stopping still not playing to the whistle for the Scottish cup semi final goal. All gifts imo.