Watching Rangers in Dublin

1 hour ago, downviewbear said:

I'm going to be in dublin for the second leg of champions league qualifier does anyone know anywhere I could watch it.I know there was a dublin rsc but can't seem to find out if they still exist.

There used to be the Dublin Loyal RSC, had a twitter handle @DublinLoyal.

I don't have a twitter account so I can't check if it's still active.  That's all I could find.  

I messaged the Dublin Loyal RSC a couple of times over the past season but it seems that they’ve gone quiet.

The Woolshed is the type of place that has multiple matches on at once, but it’s not in the nicest area of town. Outside of that, you’ll likely be out of luck.

Edit: Many places will put a match on if you request it and there isn’t another match in demand. More likely in the suburbs.

20 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Met a guy from the Dublin loyal in seville last year. Can't remember if he said where they met though. I'm sure there'll be a generic sports bar where they would put the game on for you

Unlikely mate and is it even due to be shown on tv? Is it not usually RTV in the early rounds?

5 hours ago, downviewbear said:

I'm going to be in dublin for the second leg of champions league qualifier does anyone know anywhere I could watch it.I know there was a dublin rsc but can't seem to find out if they still exist.

Take your tv and firestick on holiday with you. It's the only way

6 hours ago, downviewbear said:

The Dublin Loyal pretty much only exists in the form of a whatsapp group these days lol. In terms of watching a game the woolshed on Parnell St would probably be the safest place, Aussie bar with loads of screens. 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

Met a guy from the Dublin loyal in seville last year. Can't remember if he said where they met though. I'm sure there'll be a generic sports bar where they would put the game on for you

Think I remember the guy who said he was from Dublin Loyal RSC on here saying they meet secretly to watch games, hire wee conference rooms in hotels or something like that. 

I was in Dublin when we played Napoli at Ibrox. Noticed the Norseman in Temple Bar had it on so popped in. When the big Tifo unfurled for the Queen (who'd just died), I was expecting some shit, but not a peep as the place was majority tourists. We didn't score though so didn't find out for sure. 😂

This doesn't answer your question whatsoever, but still thought it was worth posting. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, PrsosPonytail said:

I was in Dublin when we played Napoli at Ibrox. Noticed the Norseman in Temple Bar had it on so popped in. When the big Tifo unfurled for the Queen (who'd just died), I was expecting some shit, but not a peep as the place was majority tourists. We didn't score though so didn't find out for sure. 😂

This doesn't answer your question whatsoever, but still thought it was worth posting. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You’d have to be off your head to go into a pub in temple bar, place costs a fucking fortune 

Watched Rangers v Hearts in a pub in Dublin a few years back. Barman was sound and put a group of us upstairs while the Manchester Derby was on in the main area. Nobody minded us, as others have said, it's mainly filled with tourists who don't give a fuck. If you're respectful and don't cause a scene then most bars will be happy to take your custom.