The RM Beale poll

graeme_4

The RM Beale poll  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Beale will be a success?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Far better Rangers teams have been fucked out of Europe by far worse.

Kaunas, Viktoria Zizkow, Progres, Maribor, Levski Sofia

Totally true, if that Servette player squares it at 1-0 we were adding to that list IMO 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

All that mattered was getting through to the next round really.

Lots of red flags though, that have continued as we’ve gone on so far. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

All that mattered was getting through to the next round really.

Lots of red flags though, that have continued as we’ve gone on so far. 

Not really a huge surprise given we've had a substantial turnover of players in the summer. We'd all love things to click instantly but just because they haven't 5 games in - one of them featuring an XI we'll likely never see again - it's hardly time for mass panic.

24 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Totally true, if that Servette player squares it at 1-0 we were adding to that list IMO 

If Lammers, Danilo and Dessers all scored the sitters they missed, and the goalie not made some great saves we could have scored 7 or 8 over the two legs.

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not really a huge surprise given we've had a substantial turnover of players in the summer. We'd all love things to click instantly but just because they haven't 5 games in - one of them featuring an XI we'll likely never see again - it's hardly time for mass panic.

I think there’s a difference between not clicking yet, and red flags.

Big issues are aging fullbacks expected to provide all the width, continued laboured build up we’ve had for years, lack of pace with our attackers, and at least 3 of the same back 4 we’ve failed with for the majority of the last 5 seasons. Not sure more time really helps those issues. 

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Near enough every player we sign needs time to settle in etc, it's utter bollocks. 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think there’s a difference between not clicking yet, and red flags.

Big issues are aging fullbacks expected to provide all the width, continued laboured build up we’ve had for years, lack of pace with our attackers, and at least 3 of the same back 4 we’ve failed with for the majority of the last 5 seasons. Not sure more time really helps those issues. 

Also three of the same back four that won our last two trophies and reached a European final.

Some of the criticism of the new guys reminds me a bit of the infamous Walter interview. Started poorly against AEK and Laudrup and Boli weren't up to playing in Scotland apparently - we then went on to lose to Falkirk in the cup then Celtic.

Just now, The Dude said:

Also three of the same back four that won our last two trophies and reached a European final.

Some of the criticism of the new guys reminds me a bit of the infamous Walter interview. Started poorly against AEK and Laudrup and Boli weren't up to playing in Scotland apparently - we then went on to lose to Falkirk in the cup then celtic.

image.gif.341f80aee6a94863290624b00c9fbf14.gif

I think majority of the new guys are pretty good, Sima aside. Our managers approach is totally wrong though. I think a disaster is incoming sadly. 

17 hours ago, Broxi said:

Not sure how you can be happy with Dessers so far mate and none of that is based on tactics. 

Has shown a complete inability to control a ball

Ironically Dessers has the best stats of all our new forwards gets the most criticism. A good save from the keeper in Switzerland and a good goal wrongly disallowed has stopped  him adding to that 

it’s like some kind of mass hysteria where people make him out to be far worse than he is. Let’s see where we are with him a month or two down the line.Thats him 4 starts and a sub appearance in, think the next couple weeks we’ll start seeing what he’s really capable off 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

image.gif.341f80aee6a94863290624b00c9fbf14.gif

I think majority of the new guys are pretty good, Sima aside. Our managers approach is totally wrong though. I think a disaster is incoming sadly. 

As true as what you said about the problems. There might well be a disaster coming but if we're writing off seasons in August because we're not at 100%, we're as well shutting the club down and calling it a day.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

As true as what you said about the problems. There might well be a disaster coming but if we're writing off seasons in August because we're not at 100%, we're as well shutting the club down and calling it a day.

Do you look at our back 4 and think it’s got a title win in it? 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Do you look at our back 4 and think it’s got a title win in it? 

It's not just about the back four, although they already have a title win in them.

Does a back four of Ralston, Carter-Vickers, Lagerbielke and Taylor scream title win?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Wouldn’t count Progres in that example of better Rangers teams getting poor European results 

that squad was genuinely shite 

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think it’s down to knowing the consistency which is required to win the title these days . Bar 55 season Celtic unfortunately aren’t in to much of a habit of dropping many daft points over the course of the season.

even last year when 5 points behind them after 4 games most of the support agreed we already had a mountain to climb in clawing them back as we knew they would be consistent. 

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not just about the back four, although they already have a title win in them.

Does a back four of Ralston, Carter-Vickers, Lagerbielke and Taylor scream title win?

You know I meant going forward. Good sidestep though. 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I think it’s down to knowing the consistency which is required to win the title these days . Bar 55 season Celtic unfortunately aren’t in to much of a habit of dropping many daft points over the course of the season.

even last year when 5 points behind them after 4 games most of the support agreed we already had a mountain to climb in clawing them back as we knew they would be consistent. 

In Beale's time in charge, he's dropped 11 points in the league - 3 losses & two draws.

In the same period, they've dropped 9 - two losses and three draws.

Just now, The Dude said:

In Beale's time in charge, he's dropped 11 points in the league - 3 losses & two draws.

In the same period, they've dropped 9 - two losses and three draws.

He also lost two cups to them, and the vast majority of the points they dropped were after they’d won the league in the first week in May.