Cifuentes

Leeds_Bear

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Replace 'it was always cold' with 'I was fucking brutal' and you have a more accurate story of why he was shipped out

Aye he was fucking horrible. Best thing he did for us was pass to Dessers in Seville.

6 minutes ago, EngineeRFC said:

Seems thick as shit as well, stating the reason why going to Russia was that Russian teams can't recieve money from British teams as a reason a departure to Russia didn't happen.

There's a war on don't you know? :confused:

However, with the war that is going on there, it was something that could not be carried out because European teams are not allowed to receive money from Russian clubs at the moment I think.

Did you miss the part where he explicitly said there's a war going on there?

"I like to play as an attacking midfielder, but positioning is something that I adapt to the team for who I am playing"

That's the bit that stuck out to me tbh and it makes total sense as to why he looked like a fish out of water playing in the midfield 2. 

We have a Bizarre history of playing players out of position 

33 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He hasn't said one controversial thing in that interview tbh

Nah he's not said anything we didn't already know. Although I think he perhaps needs to have a look in the mirror at some of his own flaws.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Did you miss the part where he explicitly said there's a war going on there?

He said: "There were two Russian teams who wanted to sign me. However, with the war that is going on there, it was something that could not be carried out because European teams are not allowed to receive money from Russian clubs at the moment I think.

:lol:

He stated the reason he didn't go to Russia is that due to the war, European teams cannot receive money from Russian clubs therefore the transfer could not be carried out.

I would be expecting someone to say along the lines of: "Russia is a facist state which due to imperialistic ambitions have attacked a neighbouring country and is at war and I wouldn't feel safe going there".

Who in their right mind would put their family in that situation?

But no, the transfer couldn't be carried out due to European clubs not able to recieve money from Russian clubs. Also, Russia's pretty cold :lol:

To quote another poster, good riddance.

9 minutes ago, EngineeRFC said:

He said: "There were two Russian teams who wanted to sign me. However, with the war that is going on there, it was something that could not be carried out because European teams are not allowed to receive money from Russian clubs at the moment I think.

He stated the reason he didn't go to Russia is that due to the war, European teams cannot receive money from Russian clubs therefore the transfer could not be carried out.

I would be expecting someone to say along the lines of: "Russia is a facist state which due to imperialistic ambitions have attacked a neighbouring country and is at war and I wouldn't feel safe going there".

But no, the transfer couldn't be carried out due to European clubs not able to recieve money from Russian clubs. Also, Russia's pretty cold :lol:

What a bizarre thing to get worked up about

9 minutes ago, EngineeRFC said:

I'm not sure why you'd expect a professional footballer to come out with that kind of thing. 

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not sure why you'd expect a professional footballer to come out with that kind of thing. 

I was actually taking the piss with the "Russia is a facist state which due to imperialistic ambitions have attacked a neighbouring country and is at war and I wouldn't feel safe going there", thought it was over the top enough to get that across.

The point I have been trying to make is, siting sanctions as the reason for not going to the cold cold country of Russia instead of heading into a war zone with your family is very strange indeed. For whatever reason, that's the part of the Russian war he decided to pick on, and I find that a bit fucked up when people are dying and being put through what they are in that country. Me personally, I simply wouldn't mention there was any interest from Russia.

1 hour ago, EngineeRFC said:

I was actually taking the piss with the "Russia is a facist state which due to imperialistic ambitions have attacked a neighbouring country and is at war and I wouldn't feel safe going there", thought it was over the top enough to get that across.

The point I have been trying to make is, siting sanctions as the reason for not going to the cold cold country of Russia instead of heading into a war zone with your family is very strange indeed. For whatever reason, that's the part of the Russian war he decided to pick on, and I find that a bit fucked up when people are dying and being put through what they are in that country. Me personally, I simply wouldn't mention there was any interest from Russia.

Interesting post.