UCL/UEL

MattyBlue

Champions League or Europa League  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What competition would you rather we played in this season

• Champions league
    • Europa league

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm the opposite. Thursday football and then domestic Sundays will kill it chasing their results every week.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not convinced it make much difference tbh. A game midweek is a game midweek. Also higher chance we'll go further from the EL group stages. And I always think Wednesday and Tuesday are better than Thursday, especially if we're prioritising domestic.

For me it’s more getting absolutely shagged and killing player confidence and the team getting into a streak of form rather than the fixture dates 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not convinced it make much difference tbh. A game midweek is a game midweek. Also higher chance we'll go further from the EL group stages. And I always think Wednesday and Tuesday are better than Thursday, especially if we're prioritising domestic.

It's the impact severe doings will have on what already feels like struggling squad that I'm concerned about.

2 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

For me it’s more getting absolutely shagged and killing player confidence and the team getting into a streak of form rather than the fixture dates 

Could happen in either. EL will be full of class teams who are levels above us too.

Playing on Sundays every week is pish and plays a big part in who wins it.

CL, hopefully make it into pot 3 and draw the shittest pot 4 side possible, target 4/6 points from the two games to secure 3rd place and write off the games against clubs spending hundreds of millions on players we have no real right to compete with anyway. We've already shown once you get into the knock out stages of the Europa League anything can happen but it looks a long way away from where we are right now.

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The PSV tie is a 50/50 tie but tbh i think it’ll come too soon for us.

In an ideal world it would be CL then drop into Europa but that’s a massive ask.

I'm pleased we reached the playoff as it banks us the cash, beating PSV at the stage this squad are currently at would be a miracle IMO.

3 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

CL, hopefully make it into pot 3 and draw the shittest pot 4 side possible, target 4/6 points from the two games to secure 3rd place and write off the games against clubs spending hundreds of millions on players we have no real right to compete with anyway. We've already shown once you get into the knock out stages of the Europa League anything can happen but it looks a long way away from where we are right now.

Knowing our luck we'll qualify and get Newcastle from Pot 4

Champions League groups could be decent or a fuckin nightmare. I know its more complicated that just picking balls out of the four pots but based on current seeds getting through you could theoretically have a group of Feyenoord, Porto, Us and Lens or a group with Bayern, Real Madrid, Us and Newcastle. (Think i read we would be in pot 3)

Ultimately we need to be getting in as much prize money as possible.

41 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

I think there might have been a similar thread months ago but I can’t find it, and tbh rather have peoples opinions based on what they’ve seen of the “new” team so far.

Following on from my post in the match thread, I honestly don’t fancy the CL based on last season and from what iv seen so far this season. I know we need the money, and we belong in the CL I just don’t think that’s our level yet.. I don’t think getting pumped rotten every game will do player confidence any good and getting into a proper run of form to benefit is domestically.

Call it weak minded, but for me I’d rather try and do well in the EL and hopefully benefit us domestically.

Matty you're a good cunt but fuck up

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Europa League would be more fun as a supporter because that’s the level we are at as a team, but financially and in terms of status, you want to be in the champions league.

More fun in the second tier competition knowing they cunts are playing Bayern, Madrid etc? 

Fuck 'fun' mate 

We want a seat at the top taple and if that means getting scorched off of the best teams in the world then we deal with that then and there. 

We should be aiming to beat they teams at Ibrox, as unlikely as it is 

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

More fun in the second tier competition knowing they cunts are playing Bayern, Madrid etc? 

Fuck 'fun' mate 

We want a seat at the top taple and if that means getting scorched off of the best teams in the world then we deal with that then and there. 

We should be aiming to beat they teams at Ibrox, as unlikely as it is 

Do you want another CL campaign like last season, or a Europa League campaign like the ones we had under Gerrard/Gio?

There was nothing fun about the CL last season apart from knowing the money was coming in and as a supporter I always wants us to win games first and foremost and sadly the level we are at means the Europa League gives us a more realistic chance of doing that.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Do you want another CL campaign like last season, or a Europa League campaign like the ones we had under Gerrard/Gio?

There was nothing fun about the CL last season apart from knowing the money was coming in and as a supporter I always wants us to win games first and foremost and sadly the level we are at means the Europa League gives us a more realistic chance of doing that.

I think this team takes scuddings in the EL tbh. I dread to think about what happens if we get into the CL.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees mate. 

Shite mentality you've got there. 

Honestly more and more your mentality is growing into our fan base and it is absolutely honking. 

There's no debate here

Anyone not answering ‘champions league’ needs to stop smoking crack.

Any negatives that can be inflicted on the squad by getting fucking horsed in the CL is outweighed by the financial side of it.

Forgetting all that, when did Rangers become a club that didn’t want to go head to head with the best we can?

Deary, fucking, me.