The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

McInnes has also shit himself from taking over as Rangers boss.

We're six games into the season, by the time we get through the first round of fixtures, St. Mirren will be beneath us.

Yes, I'd be very surprised if Livi - who have won one league game this season - beat us on Wednesday.

Tbf didnt mccinnes shit himself when we were a basket case , and we went for gerrard instead at the end of the season

Most likely different story now if he was offered it

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Should never be displayed by a Rangers team at Ibrox unless we are winning against the most elite.

We took the ball into the corner when we beat Dundee Utd 2-1 at ibrox under Gio about a year ago almost exactly and it was clear we were in trouble then having to hang on and we’re doing it now.

Writing is on the wall, just a matter of when the board see it and act.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I never disagreed with it at any point. Of course it's the board's job to appoint a manager. I just thought with all these clear alternatives that it  would be easy to name some. so far we've got a guy who has some mexican cups and a greek title, Derek McInnes, or Postecoglou's old sidekick in the hope that lightning strikes twice.

Two Argentinian league titles with 2 different teams, 5 trophies in Mexico (including the CONCACAF Champions League), and a Greek league and cup double (AEK's first since 1978) in his first season there (success in Europe, which you suggested was an important factor in a future manager).

What more do you expect from a potential manager? Can you lay out your criteria please? Is that not as good as 22 games at QPR?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We were no more a basket case than we are now tbh.

Off the park we are a million miles better now than we were with king and the board at loggerheads like back then, 

But aye he probably never get the chance again for rejecting it back then 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Two Argentinian league titles with 2 different teams, 5 trophies in Mexico (including the CONCACAF Champions League), and a Greek league and cup double (AEK's first since 1978) in his first season there (success in Europe, which you suggested was an important factor in a future manager).

What more do you expect from a potential manager? Can you lay out your criteria please? 

Not having been sacked by an MLS side would be a good start.

Not Argentinian league titles either, Argentinian second division titles.

Goldson and Tavernier need to go too. They are the dominating personalities and so the build up play goes through them. They set a fucking turgid tempo and have done for years. That’s saying nothing of the culture of failure they’ve been at the centre of.

We’ve hardly ever played good football all throughout my life time, but this is something else. We are a total waste of your weekend at the moment. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Should never be displayed by a Rangers team at Ibrox unless we are winning against the most elite.

Have to disagree. In a good season, where we were having an off game, i don’t think many would get upset over us employing a bit of time wasting to get over the line. The issue here is that we are having an off game every week. 

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Goldson and Tavernier need to go too. They are the dominating personalities and so the build up play goes through them. They set a fucking turgid tempo and have done for years. That’s saying nothing of the culture of failure they’ve been at the centre of.

We’ve hardly ever played good football all throughout my life time, but this is something else. We are a total waste of your weekend at the moment. 

Goldson and tav are the least of our problems. Tav kept us in the game today clearing off the line and Souttar isn't half the player Goldson is.