The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

6 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I see Empire locked your thread on FF :lol: 

We are clearly speaking to other managers either directly or through agents.

100%, which makes it all the more ridiculous that the board are pushing this “business as usual” patter when they’re clearly talking to other managers behind Beale’s back.

Why not just sack him at this point?

Beale should be gone. His recruitment has been awful. Failed to change a poor defence and signed 2 unfit forwards in Dinilo and Dessers. Add to that predictable  defensive tactics relying on two full backs who have consistently failed to attack. Turning the clock back to appoint Beale was a big mistake. Easy ride for the players like Tavernier, Barasic, Goldson who have usually proved to be too weak. Needs to be changed.

Just now, bassettger said:

Beale should be gone. His recruitment has been awful. Failed to change a poor defence and signed 2 unfit forwards in Dinilo and Dessers. Add to that predictable  defensive tactics relying on two full backs who have consistently failed to attack. Turning the clock back to appoint Beale was a big mistake. Easy ride for the players like Tavernier, Barasic, Goldson who have usually proved to be too weak. Needs to be changed.

Danilo isn't unfit.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I see Empire locked your thread on FF :lol: 

We are clearly speaking to other managers either directly or through agents.

He’s locked it but not deleted it, don’t know if that means anything or he’s just forgot :lol:

I don't think Beale would have been sacked at the time he changed his insta picture and we wouldn't have heard about it by now.

But I also don't think Muscat, Eustace and Potter reports can all be made up.

I also think it's a little bit weird there hasn't been a single bit of training footage released this week, even a tweet with a picture.

But if the players are in training and Beale isn't there I don't believe that could have been kept under wraps either.

Basically the whole thing is a bit of a circus with no indication what's actually going on. 

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Danilo isn't unfit.

He was blowing out of his arse after 20 mins against Morton. If that's a fit Danilo taxi for Danilo please. I think he is lacking physical conditioning and thats why he has been on the bench. At least I hope so otherwise he is a £5 M mistake.

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I don't think Beale would have been sacked at the time he changed his insta picture and we wouldn't have heard about it by now.

I also think it's a little bit weird there hasn't been a single bit of training footage released this week.

But if the players are in training and Beale isn't there I don't believe that could have been kept under wraps.

Basically the whole thing is a bit of a circus with no indication what's actually going on. 

There was a clip on Monday of training following their visit to the museum. Beale was there.

https://x.com/RangersFC/status/1701264340647817549?s=20

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I also think it's a little bit weird there hasn't been a single bit of training footage released this week.

But if the players are in training and Beale isn't there I don't believe that could have been kept under wraps.

Beale has definitely been in this week.

Just now, RossS1873 said:

There was a clip on Monday of training following their visit to the museum. Beale was there.

Oh really? Didn't see that, surprised it hasn't been discussed more.

Pretty much dampens a lot of this sacking chat then tbh

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I also think it's a little bit weird there hasn't been a single bit of training footage released this week, even a tweet with a picture.

But if the players are in training and Beale isn't there I don't believe that could have been kept under wraps either.

The only thing I can think of is that the board have told him he’ll be sacked after this weekend or until we find a new manager, but then why would Beale agree to that and not just go immediately?

The Instagram stuff and us talking to other managers doesn’t seem to make any sense unless Beale knew he was leaving soon.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

The only thing I can think of is that the board have told him he’ll be sacked after this weekend or until we find a new manager, but then why would Beale agree to that and not just go immediately?

Watching the museum clip above (that I didn't watch to the end the first time and didn't realise that they did release a training vid at the end and Beale was taking it) then I'm now just fully assuming he's not going now. Have to assume he's getting the next run of games at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Watching the museum clip above (that I didn't watch to the end the first time and didn't realise that they did release a training vid at the end and Beale was taking it) then I'm now just fully assuming he's not going now. Have to assume he's getting the next run of games at this point. 

That would make Beale’s Instagram bio and profile pic change, as well as the board talking to other managers and briefing against him even more bizarre, as those are usually the signs of a manager leaving very soon.

The whole thing makes no sense.

Clearly he's not getting the sack right now so time to get behind him and the team. Our best chance of success is to be supportive to the players - turning on them and jumping on their back after every mistake is, rightly or wrongly, just going to force some of them back into their shells.

Four big games in an 11 day period. We need wins and performances. I'm doubtful that Beale is the man to achieve this but I'll be giving the team my full backing and hoping to be proven wrong.

9 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Anyone else see something mad happening like a new manager coming in but Beale retaining a role as an assistant manager or a coach 

Can't see that happening at all.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

That would make Beale’s Instagram bio and profile pic change, as well as us talking to other managers even more bizarre, as those are usually the signs of a manager leaving very soon.

The whole thing makes no sense.

Tbh his profile pic change could have literally just been a profile pic change. And wasn't it disputed if he even had anything in his bio previously?

Idk, the links to other managers is odd, or just pre-emptive, but if Beale was going now I feel like there would be more chatter about it. If the instagram stuff meant anything he wouldn't have been in training after it. 

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Tbh his profile pic change could have literally just been a profile pic change. And wasn't it disputed if he even had anything in his bio previously?

Idk, the links to other managers is odd, or just pre-emptive, but if Beale was going now I feel like there would be more chatter about it. If the instagram stuff meant anything he wouldn't have been in training after it. 

It just felt like really odd timing for him to do that. You’d think after an OF defeat, with so much pressure on you, that changing your Instagram profile pic or using any kind of social media would be the last thing on your mind?

The board’s actions during all this have been weird as fuck too - “we’re not going to sack you, we’re just going to publicly tell everyone that you’re a liar and that we’re talking to other managers to replace you” :lol:

3 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Clearly he's not getting the sack right now so time to get behind him and the team. Our best chance of success is to be supportive to the players - turning on them and jumping on their back after every mistake is, rightly or wrongly, just going to force some of them back into their shells.

Four big games in an 11 day period. We need wins and performances. I'm doubtful that Beale is the man to achieve this but I'll be giving the team my full backing and hoping to be proven wrong.

We've been linked to an Australian manager by a credible Australian source, the Birmingham manager by the newspaper in Birmingham and a manager who most recently left a London club by a London based journalist. He's on the brink of losing his job.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It just felt like really odd timing for him to do that. You’d think after an OF defeat, with so much pressure on you, that changing your Instagram profile pic or any kind of social media would be the last thing on your mind?

The board’s actions during all this have been weird as fuck too - “we’re not going to sack you, we’re just going to publicly tell everyone that you’re a liar and that we’re talking to other managers to replace you” :lol:

It is all a bit weird, and he's probably on the verge, but I still expect him to be in the dugout for St Johnstone and I assume he keeps the job for as long as he keeps winning for now 

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

We've been linked to an Australian manager by a credible Australian source, the Birmingham manager by the newspaper in Birmingham and a manager who most recently left a London club by a London based journalist. He's on the brink of losing his job.

I should have been more clear: he's not going to get sacked before the weekend, and I doubt he'll get sacked until another/another couple of poor results.

I could be totally wrong but if they were going to pull the trigger then the international break was the perfect time to do it.