Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

I think he’ll come good. His decision making is questionable but hopefully these are the things the coaching team will work on. He’s still only a young lad with hardly any games under his belt so the rawness shows but I’m hoping over the season he’ll improve and hopefully be an important player for us in the future.

7 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

comments in here are shocking and beyond mental.

he is a young boy with about 10 starts under his belt. 

he is doing brilliant at this stage of his career. 

He's 20 years old, he's not 17. 

As posted above, he's scored 1 goal and had 0 assists in 19 appearances for us. He had a very good first 2/3 games and then done absolutely nothing since then.

I don't think many people are saying to punt him, we're saying he should not be our first choice winger, and he absolutely should not be. 

11 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

1 goal and 0 assists in almost 1000 minutes for us now.

We all want our young players to do well. But think some on here are kidding themselves that he’s good enough at the moment.

Should be back up to someone of quality whilst he develops his game and gets experience with minutes from the bench.

He creates a decent amount mate, doesn’t help when you rely on cunts like Dessers to finish it to get the assist counted lol

Probably had three key moments, did well on two with the run in behind Taylor and cross into the box and the shot across Hart that Hart made a decent save on. Should have played Sima in for a tap in on the third and is making those poor decisions a bit too often but hopefully it will come.

Another player where the criticism has been a bit over the top.

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

As posted above, he's scored 1 goal and had 0 assists in 19 appearances for us. He had a very good first 2/3 games and then done absolutely nothing since then.

I don't think many people are saying to punt him, we're saying he should not be our first choice winger, and he absolutely should not be. 

in football those ages are considered young. 

was his goal in his first three games? surely it has to be if he done nothing after that.

some people just do not have the patience. they want the finished article straight away.

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

in football those ages are considered young. 

was his goal in his first three games? surely it has to be if he done nothing after that.

some people just do not have the patience. they want the finished article straight away.

If you aren't showing it at 20 then you aren't making it as a key player in the team.

Tillman was the same age, contributed way more and even then some people didn't think he was good enough.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Probably had three key moments, did well on two with the run in behind Taylor and cross into the box and the shot across Hart that Hart made a decent save on. Should have played Sima in for a tap in on the third and is making those poor decisions a bit too often but hopefully it will come.

Another player where the criticism has been a bit over the top.

it is always the same after a loss. people will just make up pure shite because they are raging and will continue to double down on it.

the only problem i have with him is his decision making. but that is down to a lack of game time. only had a half season in first team football so it is expected. 

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

If you aren't showing it at 20 then you aren't making it as a key player in the team.

Tillman was the same age, contributed way more and even then some people didn't think he was good enough.

was tilman playing right mid for us? did he have any first team exposure  prior to us?. 

tilman was good for us but like any young player they need game time to work on their weaknesses.

not showing it at 20 ? he has been a positive for us since clement came in. 

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

was tilman playing right mid for us? had he had any first team exposure with a team prior to us?. 

tilman was good for us but like any young player they need game time to work on their weaknesses.

not showing it at 20 ? he has been a positive for us since clement came in. 

Tillman was far more anonymous against celtic than McCausland was too.

29 minutes ago, Broxi said:

If he’s only played 19 games for us then your stats are wrong 

43 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

comments in here are shocking and beyond mental.

he is a young boy with about 10 starts under his belt. 

he is doing brilliant at this stage of his career. 

Patience for a young boy has ran out finally lol.

Took longer than I expected tbf.

Hes a good young player, good lad and gives it his all. If we want to progress though we will need better.

5 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Patience for a young boy has ran out finally lol.

Took longer than I expected tbf.

Hes a good young player, good lad and gives it his all. If we want to progress though we will need better.

You've just said the exact thing which is the point being made

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s had at least one assist for us.

Transfermarket does say that, I don't have it on my thread. So either they've awarded something which was a bit BS or more likely I've just missed it. Either way, 1 goal and 1 assist in 19 appearances isn't changing the argument

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Transfermarket does say that, I don't have it on my thread. So either they've awarded something which was a bit BS or more likely I've just missed it. Either way, 1 goal and 1 assist in 19 appearances isn't changing the argument

No it’s not, but he’s been flung in the deep end when he’s likely not ready despite showing some promise.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

As per usual, fuck all said about him when we're winning and it's all sunshine and lollipops. The second we lose he's no good enough. A youth player projected into the starting 11 due to injuries who has done really well. A winger with the ability to go inside and out who was actually our main goal threat yesterday.

Fucking baffles me on here after a defeat.

Two posters made comments on page 12 last week

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

As per usual, fuck all said about him when we're winning and it's all sunshine and lollipops. The second we lose he's no good enough. A youth player projected into the starting 11 due to injuries who has done really well. A winger with the ability to go inside and out who was actually our main goal threat yesterday.

Fucking baffles me on here after a defeat.

Even an experienced winger is going to have bad games for us never mind a guy just coming in to senior football, a consistent winger is gone after a season for us.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

😂

You said nobody criticised him until we lost and I'm proving that's not true.

Also there's a difference between criticising him for what his place in the squad is supposed to be and pointing out that we need a proper and more established starter in the starting XI. Nobody expected McCausland to be relied upon as the main man so it's not his fault that he has been.

We have far bigger issues in the squad than McCausland.

He's a young player in his first full season of first team football, and he's being relied upon to start more games than he should. 

He might not be the answer long term for the right hand side, but will play an important part of the squad. 

Once we get a more experienced right hand sided player, his chances will be more limited, but he really isn't as bad as some people are making out.