Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

Struggles with any physical part of the game and while he has pace he only really seems to use it to run onto a ball but often slows down once he does and has a limited end product.

He has a lot of effort but his two most glaring attributes to me are his defensive liabilities/ physicality and for a winger he doesn't really take full backs on at best you'll get a short run into the middle and a pass off.

Definitely worthy of a place in the squad but despite his age I don't personally see enough for him to be a first team starter long term.

I know Kent had somewhat downed tools thay last season but to say Ross is a step up from him is madness.

A ST and a RW are two must haves.

34 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s had at least one assist for us.

Wasn’t that for the B team?

Either way the numbers aren’t great. I get it that Dessers is funking stinking.

But people would rightly tear Kent apart and he averaged a goal or assist every 2 games.

1 goal and no assists in 17 appearances show  the end product just hasn’t been there yet.

Even Lowry who’s been in and out with injury for Hearts has 2 goals and 5 assists in a team scoring less.

Not writing him off. Far from it and he’s looked tidy enough on the ball.

But his production is miles off what we need to win this league. It cost us yesterday. And it will cost us going forward if he’s starting.

End of the day we won the cup because our RB saved us. We got back in the game yesterday because of our RB.

We need far more from our striker and RW. Palma has 9 goals and 11 assists? And he’s not great.

The difference between the 2 teams is the attacking 4. The stats show it. Yesterday showed it.

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

comments in here are shocking and beyond mental.

he is a young boy with about 10 starts under his belt. 

he is doing brilliant at this stage of his career. 

What comments have been shocking?

I’ve been pretty unconvinced by him since his first few games, and said so. Nothing against him, just don’t think he’s good enough to start regularly for a successful Rangers team.

Is he doing brilliant? 1 goal and 0 assists in 20 odd appearances says otherwise.

We need much, much better. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Wasn’t that for the B team?

Either way the numbers aren’t great. I get it that Dessers is funking stinking.

But people would rightly tear Kent apart and he averaged a goal or assist every 2 games.

1 goal and no assists in 19 appearances show  the end product just hasn’t been there yet.

Even Lowry who’s been in and out with injury for Hearts has 2 goals and 5 assists in a team scoring less.

Not writing him off. Far from it and he’s looked tidy enough on the ball.

But his production is miles off what we need. It cost us yesterday. And it will cost us going forward.

End of the day we won the cup because our RB saved us. We got back in the game yesterday because of our RB.

We need far more from our striker and RW. Palma has 9 goals and 11 assists? And he’s not great.

The difference between the 2 teams is the attacking 4. The stats show it. Yesterday showed it.

No, it was against Hearts in the 3-1 game before Seville.

Kent was a first choice winger, who was older when he first signed than McCausland is now, and was 24/25 before he was really getting criticised. 

End of the day our captain underperformed again against them.

He’s one goal and 3 assists behind Maeda who plays on his side, and one of them is first choice, and it’s not McCausland.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can people stop acting like he’s first choice, and not only playing due to utterly shite recruitment and bad injury luck?

He is the first choice.

Only has Wright as a genuine RW for competition, maybe Matondo if you shoehorn him in there.

Hopefully won’t be come the transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can people stop acting like he’s first choice, and not only playing due to utterly shite recruitment and bad injury luck?

He's in before an available Welsh and Scottish International.

Others like Cantwell have played right wing but who do you class as the right wing first choice ahead of him?

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Others like Cantwell have played right wing but who do you class as the right wing first choice ahead of him?

Bit irrelevant but has Wright played for scotland? Not that I remember 

No wonder we are sadly lacking in numbers coming through from the academy.

A 20 year old with very limited experience is being held up as a negative from yesterday when Sima, Dessers, and our skipper were all worse than him and they have a lot more experience.

If I was him, I would expect my captain to help me through my first old firm game. 

7 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

A 20 year old with very limited experience is being held up as a negative from yesterday when Sima, Dessers, and our skipper were all worse than him and they have a lot more experience.

If I was him, I would expect my captain to help me through my first old firm game. 

What does that even mean? The 2 goals came from a mistake from Sima and the second on the left.

Our front 3 were put in better positions than any game I can remember at the Piggery for years.

The 3 or 4 if you include Cantwell took the wrong decision or lacked quality to stick it in the net every single time.

It’s not the boys fault. He’s got talent and doing his best. But he should really be earning his stripes like Lowry on loan at somewhere like Hearts. His level isn’t where we need it.

8 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

We are lacking numbers coming through because like everything else our Academy has been a shit show.

29 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Who is first choice then?

I agree he isn't supposed to be in that position, but he is. And it needs fixed

Nobody. If Wright never got injured then McCausland wouldn’t have the amount of starts he does.

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Cantwell and Wright started 5 of the first 6 games as right winger when Clement came in, and the other we never played a right winger. Matondo was injured, and isn’t any use on the right. We then had Wright, Jack, Cifutentes and Lawrence all get injured 
which meant Cantwell had to go into the middle and we were left with McCausland.

Nobody, I don’t think we have a first choice right winger.

Just now, Creampuff said:

Because there’s never been a better opportunity to cement a first-team spot here? 

Possibly but if that doesn’t happen you’re either playing limited football or going out on loan.

The boy might fancy going back down South to a team where he will play 1st team games.