Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody, I don’t think we have a first choice right winger.

We do. He starts weekly and we're in his thread right now.

You cannae argue he's not 1st choice right winger when he's the right winger who is continually picked by the manager to play that position😂

Shouldn't be in this situation but we are.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We do. He starts weekly and we're in his thread right now.

You cannae argue he's not 1st choice right winger when he's the right winger who is continually picked by the manager to play that position😂

Shouldn't be in this situation but we are.

Are you ignoring the fact that the only other right winger has been injured, and McCausland only started to get starts when we started to get injuries in midfield and to Wright?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Are you ignoring the fact that the only other right winger has been injured, and McCausland only started to get starts when we started to get injuries in midfield and to Wright?

No I'm looking at the fact that a highly rated young player, who recently got a new contract, is getting picked in his position each game before others who are available. Kinda the definition of first choice pick in a position.

45 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

What does that even mean? The 2 goals came from a mistake from Sima and the second on the left.

Our front 3 were put in better positions than any game I can remember at the Piggery for years.

The 3 or 4 if you include Cantwell took the wrong decision or lacked quality to stick it in the net every single time.

It’s not the boys fault. He’s got talent and doing his best. But he should really be earning his stripes like Lowry on loan at somewhere like Hearts. His level isn’t where we need it.

You don't know what it means to expect a long-serving captain to help a youngster through the toughest game of his career so far?

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No I'm looking at the fact that a highly rated young player, who recently got a new contract, is getting picked in his position each game before others who are available. Kinda the definition of first choice pick in a position.

Who wasn’t getting picked in that position when we had a stronger squad available? Which isn’t the definition of first choice.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Who wasn’t getting picked in that position when we had a stronger squad available? Which isn’t the definition of first choice.

Then against now.

He's played 14 games in Nov / Dec in this position.  He can't be classed as anything other than the manager's current first choice pick ffs 😂

Screenshot_20231231_142720_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Then against now.

He's played 14 games in Nov / Dec in this position.  He can't be classed as anything other than the manager's current first choice pick ffs 😂

Screenshot_20231231_142720_Samsung Internet.jpg

If Butland gets an injury, and McCrorie is playing for a month, he’s not first choice.

30 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

You don't know what it means to expect a long-serving captain to help a youngster through the toughest game of his career so far?

No I don’t. The whole crux of this is that we have a young player who’s attacking output isn’t good enough for us to win the title/beat them away.

No amount of arm round the shoulder can help him finish better or cross better or make the right decision when it matters. How can you blame Tav for him making the wrong decision that cost us a good chance at a goal.

Beale fucked it by not signing wingers.

The stats show it. It’s the difference in attack where we lost that game.

I’d love for him to improve and be a star for us in a few years.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

See when people say that our fans don’t have the patience to allow us to develop younger players..this thread has turned into a great example of that. 

Neither we should when they’re just average players.

We need much better if we want league titles.

No one is slaughtering the guy or saying anything outrageous. 

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

See when people say that our fans don’t have the patience to allow us to develop younger players..this thread has turned into a great example of that. 

Think that’s a cynical take tbh.

The fan base has been fully behind him. But at some point it’s fair to point out that the stats show the difference between the 2 teams is the attacking output.

I’m all up for developing players. Getting them minutes, sorting the best loan deals for them to gain experience. Every single fan wants him to do well.

But we shouldn’t just accept starting young players for the hell of it if it’s going to affect our results.

Going through the team analytically. How can anyone not see that the output from that area isn’t where we need it to be.

And that’s not writing him off like Dessers and saying we should get rid of him.

Would put it back to you. If he was to play every game till the end of the season and end up with another goal and an assist. Do you think we would win the title?

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Think that’s a cynical take tbh.

The fan base has been fully behind him. But at some point it’s fair to point out that the stats show the difference between the 2 teams is the attacking output.

I’m all up for developing players. Getting them minutes, sorting the best loan deals for them to gain experience. Every single fan wants him to do well.

But we shouldn’t just accept starting young players for the hell of it if it’s going to affect our results.

Going through the team analytically. How can anyone not see that the output from that area isn’t where we need it to be.

And that’s not writing him off like Dessers and saying we should get rid of him.

Would put it back to you. If he was to play every game till the end of the season and end up with another goal and an assist. Do you think we would win the title?

Did you not used to do everything you could to defend Kent’s lack of stats?

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yes. Yes he did.

Yep. I would point out that despite scoring 3 goals he also had 19 assists. Or the year before 13 goals and 14 assists.

But then you’re saying that 1 goal and 1 assist is fine for us because he’s young? And we should just accept that because we’re developing him? And it’s having no affect on results like yesterday?

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody. I’ve already said we don’t have a first choice, I fully expect him to be a sub player by the time we play Hibs.

Well the truer scenario to the one you gave would be if Butland left , not replaced, in the summer and McCrorie played 14 games in the opening 2 months. Who is the first choice starter - him or no-one? Go on, find a solution to this conundrum 😂

Someone playing 14 games in 2 months, whilst others available aren't selected and no other recognised first choice is on the books but absent and you'll not credit McCausland as being the managers first choice right now for that role. Fucking hell mate 😂

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Well the truer scenario to the one you gave would be if Butland left , not replaced, in the summer and McCrorie played 14 games in the opening 2 months. Who is the first choice starter - him or no-one? Go on, find a solution to this conundrum 😂

Someone playing 14 games in 2 months, whilst others available aren't selected and no other recognised first choice is on the books but absent and you'll not credit McCausland as being the managers first choice right now for that role. Fucking hell mate 😂

But Wright was starting before he got injured. So it’s not the same, it’s not even close.