Ross McCausland

G.E.C.

23 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yep. I would point out that despite scoring 3 goals he also had 19 assists. Or the year before 13 goals and 14 assists.

But then you’re saying that 1 goal and 1 assist is fine for us because he’s young? And we should just accept that because we’re developing him? And it’s having no affect on results like yesterday?

I never once said it’s fine.

He’s a young player who’s got flaws to his game - his decision making isn’t great at times, defensively he can leave Tav exposed, he could be doing with bulking up and filling out - but all of those things improve over time.

He’s done well since he came in but right now he desperately needs competition for his place so his minutes can be managed because he’s becoming overexposed because of that lack of competition, but you have people already declaring that he’s simply not good enough for us and all it’s doing is playing into the narrative that we as a support aren’t patient enough to allow youngsters the time to develop and get better.

8 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He had our best attempt on goal, bar Tav's FK. Hart made a good save.

He never hid no, was our best attacking threat in the game, kept trying to drive at them the whole game, even at the very end he made a great chance for Dowell to score, who made a cunt of it. People saying he wasn't ready. Does that mean all the other forwards were less ready? 

It's pish! He did okay, alongside Yilmaz who also did okay. Sterling and Lundstram were our only decent players. 

November's player of the month ffs. He's still raw, had we a better forward line i think he would've been used an an impact sub at the moment, to try to come on and make things happen as needed. He needs to be in the gym more, bulk up, work on his final decision making. But that can all be done, is achievable with good coaching and development. 

There are plenty reasons we lost yesterday, and people to blame. Ross McCausland is not one of them. 

If we had a decent finisher we'd have won yesterday.

In agreement with everything you said.

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I never once said it’s fine.

He’s a young player who’s got flaws to his game - his decision making isn’t great at times, defensively he can leave Tav exposed, he could be doing with bulking up and filling out - but all of those things improve over time.

He’s done well since he came in but right now he desperately needs competition for his place so his minutes can be managed because he’s becoming overexposed because of that lack of competition, but you have people already declaring that he’s simply not good enough for us and all it’s doing is playing into the narrative that we as a support aren’t patient enough to allow youngsters the time to develop and get better.

Yep all fair points. But most aren’t saying he’s not good enough for us - It’s that he’s not good enough to start for us now.

Most would be happy with him coming off the bench. Or going on loan whilst he develops.

Beale fucked our transfers so he’s starting when I don’t think he’s good enough at the moment. The analysis is pretty clear that the difference between us and them is the front 4 output.

I like Lowry, I think Rice has phenomenal potential. But I don’t think either should be starting for us at the moment.  That’s not me writing them off, or slaughtering them. 

I just think it would be detrimental to our title hopes. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We both know why you wouldnt / couldnt answer and it's not because it's irrelevant 😂😂

Well it is. Because it would be obvious that McCrorie is first choice.

It’s not obvious that McCausland’s first choice because when we had options in midfield and in his position he wasn’t starting. 

Long term he's the answer to the right wing position hopefully. Short term he'd run through a brick wall for us and he has some ability. Stop being awkward Rangers and just go n get Armstrong

@Siam69 

'He comes from Ulster county Antrim, he's quick as a flash and he know's the sash'

4 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Long term he's the answer to the right wing position hopefully. Short term he'd run through a brick wall for us and he has some ability. Stop being awkward Rangers and just go n get Armstrong

@Siam69 

'He comes from Ulster county Antrim, he's quick as a flash and he know's the sash'

Aye, i've seen a few videos of Bears singing that wee tune :crabflute:

He’s a very good player for his age and needs some competition so he doesn’t get burnt out. 

What I love about him is that when he loses possession, he immediately tries to win it back and often does. It means him losing the ball isn’t as damaging to our attacks, compared to a Dessers/Cantwell who will give up as soon as the balls lost. 

Kilmarnocks full back had the better of him defensively for most the game, but he keeps going, gets his goal and didn’t let his head go down. As he matures and gets a bit more quality in terms of crossing/final product, he’ll be an important player for us. We’d get further with more Ross McAuslands and less Cantwells in terms of attitude IMO

On 31/12/2023 at 15:53, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Young player that’s just broke into the team and people are slaughtering him already. This is why we never give young players a chance.

He put some of our more experienced players to shame yesterday.

We as a support  are terrible  for this! It just puts  young players  under more pressure' and they  then make more mistakes!