Do we need to bring other referees in

downviewbear

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

In a 2 team country it's impossible to expect anyone to be 100% unbiased, it's just the way it goes, we should have foreign refs for Old Firm games, that might put guys off from becoming officials if they know there's zero chance of officiating the biggest game but it is what it is.

I don't even blame folk for being biased, Scotland is just far too parochial, even guys who support other teams, they'll have a hatred for their rivals and one of us or them, an Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd fan will have an unconscious bias against us and the same goes for a Hearts/Kilmarnock/Airdrie fan, they'll have an unconcious bias against them.

The only way to take that element out of it is by giving the job to foreign refs.

Not so sure these days. I get the impression everyone outwith our own fanbase hates us the most

We just need rid of the ones we have to put up with right now and replace them with genuinely fair minded referees...mainly Gollum. 

I know some can run away with themselves at times, however this particular one shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Glasgow Derby or any game of ours.

Far too often that one is extremely bias against us and it rubs off on other officials imo. 

Denied a clear pen at the paedo dome and conceded a completely non-pen because the ref was asked to have a look today.  The narrative of rangers getting special treatment is a total psy op and its genuinely impacting Rangers' results.  Willie Gollum should be thrown out on his arse and the rest should be sent to ref lower leagues.  Scottish football has a shite product and it all starts with officials.  Noone respects the rules, noone plays fair and everyone wants the taigs to win the league.

On 01/01/2024 at 02:55, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Our refs are part time.

That just isn't good enough. Isn't amateur football FFS!

They get full time wages for the game .Still not enough to cover a new front window though for bad calls against the filth .

Will never ever happen unless the scum instigate another strike, It all boils down to the Football Authorities insistence that the people who they pick to  referee the game are ALL fine upstanding specimens of absolute fairness

2 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Will never ever happen unless the scum instigate another strike, It all boils down to the Football Authorities insistence that the people who they pick to  referee the game are ALL fine upstanding specimens of absolute fairness

At the very least they have shown they don’t have the bottle to call the big decisions against the tarriers .

Could well be bigger than that .

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

At the very least they have shown they don’t have the bottle to call the big decisions against the tarriers .

Could well be bigger than that .

Some officials don't have the bottle because of the shit storm the tarriers create when things don't go their way.

It's either media campaigns putting officials under pressure or their support intimidating officials. 

Definitely some but like collum who are bias. 

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Foreign refs would demand top fees. Add in airfares and hotels and it's never going to happen.

Don’t know if it’s went up ,But in 2022 they were getting 850 for a premier league game .Demoted to the championship or lower it drops down to 150 or there abouts .

On 31/12/2023 at 12:29, hanleysguru said:

I'm not convinced. VAR has been as big a mess in England and the standard of refereeing is only marginally better. I'm not impressed by European referees in our games there either. I would rather referees had to declare which team they supported or had supported in the past.

They all support Airdrie mate.

Violent football hooligans to the man.

I thought the answer would be full time referees. However after seeing the amount of officials in this country who are rabid tarriers I think the only future we have is to have foreign refereeing for all games involving us or the scum. Tarriers have shown time and again they can’t be professional and their hatred always shines through. It’s becoming more and more blatant that they are treated to a different standard than us. 

On 03/01/2024 at 23:55, magic8ball said:

Don’t know if it’s went up ,But in 2022 they were getting 850 for a premier league game .Demoted to the championship or lower it drops down to 150 or there abouts .

£850 in the Premier League then £500, £320, £260 as you go down the leagues.

We'd never be able to compete with full time salaries down south to convince them to come up. 

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Would still be worth it mate. Doncaster wages though. Fuck me! 

How that cunts still in charge of anything is beyond me! 

Our league will never progress while that useless fucking prick is in charge. Should have been chased years ago :wanker:

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I thought the answer would be full time referees. However after seeing the amount of officials in this country who are rabid tarriers I think the only future we have is to have foreign refereeing for all games involving us or the scum. Tarriers have shown time and again they can’t be professional and their hatred always shines through. It’s becoming more and more blatant that they are treated to a different standard than us. 

I'd certainly have foreign refs for when we play them at the very least. 

What is it they call it "the Derby game" Good, don't want associated as a firm with a bunch of paedo cunts anyway. 

On 03/01/2024 at 12:42, magic8ball said:

They get full time wages for the game .Still not enough to cover a new front window though for bad calls against the filth .

They do part-time hours.

They attempt to chase professional athletes around after a week's shift in their first job. They aren't physically fit enough to carry out their role. Blowing out of their arses and trying to make split second decisions. Plainly isn't working.