Ally's greatest 11

It's a great team, but he obviously can't pick himself and I'd definitely have him in.  I never saw Baxter play, so couldn't include him in my own selection.

Don't agree with Souness as his playing time with us was pretty limited

With a front 4 of Cooper McCoist Johnstone and Laudrup, it's difficult to include Gascoigne in a 2 man midfield without an enforcer like Iain Ferguson, but what the hell - Barry Ferguson and Gascoigne

That midfield is just unreal. Odd seeing us with 3 at the back as I’ve never seen a Rangers side that way. Given the amount of attacking ability in that midfield I’d not have another attacking midfielder so I’d replace Durrant and have Hateley and McCoist upfront. I didn’t ever see DJ play but for all he was a great finisher the videos I’ve seen I don’t think he necessarily had the pace and work rate to work as a lone striker. 

that's some team fuck sake. imagine if we could get to see that team play today with them all at their best.

i'd have Ally in the team though. 

i like that he said he was manager then picked Walter instead. 

6 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

That midfield is just unreal. Odd seeing us with 3 at the back as I’ve never seen a Rangers side that way. Given the amount of attacking ability in that midfield I’d not have another attacking midfielder so I’d replace Durrant and have Hateley and McCoist upfront. I didn’t ever see DJ play but for all he was a great finisher the videos I’ve seen I don’t think he necessarily had the pace and work rate to work as a lone striker. 

Yeah I mean on paper it's a team that makes you drool. Not overly convinced that's the best role for Durrant though it is Allys choice. I'd go with DJ and Ally up front I think that might work but I also wouldn't want to drop Durrant so it's a tough one. I'd perhaps drop Souness for Durrant.