*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

:848696413_goodpost:

I know it is not an exciting way to look at it, but I am still taking it one game at time mate.

I just do not want to tempt fate in any way, win next Sunday and it puts us in a good position, but nothing more than that. 

I’m the same mate, fucking dreading Sunday and not cause I think they are better it’s just I fucking hate these games 

Just now, RFC55 said:

I’m the same mate, fucking dreading Sunday and not cause I think they are better it’s just I fucking hate these games 

Yes I can only enjoy them after the game if we win, which I know sounds a bity silly, but the thought of losing to these shitebags is what makes so many of us not really enjoy the game at the time.

Everything crossed for Sunday. 

4 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

McCausland has shown nothing of late that says he should be involved in any capacity other than belting out the songbook from the dugout 

Thought he got an assist yesterday, must’ve been Cantwell…

Our record against them since Gerrard left is atrocious, too many of our players haven't believed we can beat them imo.

I'm hoping the manager has instilled this belief and that our defence can concentrate for 90 mins, although the Hibs goal yesterday doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Whoever wants it more on the day will win, and that has to be us.

43 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The chances are that the unwashed will score first. They have that habit against us.

I think we will come back for a nerve wracking 2-1 win

Can't wait!

:popcorn:

We can not let them score first and have to chase the game, they move the ball quick and have decent enough passing quality to pick us off, it's imperative we score first.

8 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Obviously, but we don't do that by allowing them to score first.

I don't even want them to score.

They do tend to score first though.

If that is the case then I think we will turn it around.

We have the attitude and confidence to do that under Phil and he knows how to react.

In context, I get about 2 or 3 scorelines correct per season .:craphead:

It's just my gut feeling.

17 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I don't even want them to score.

They do tend to score first though.

If that is the case then I think we will turn it around.

We have the attitude and confidence to do that under Phil and he knows how to react.

In context, I get about 2 or 3 scorelines correct per season .:craphead:

It's just my gut feeling.

True that.

That's why we've failed to get a result against them for so long.

See above.

Yet to be seen. But as I don't think they have better quality than us desire and belief become huge factors, we cannot be found wanting here.

Broken clock ect.

We have to find a way to beat these cunts.

We aren’t without our weaknesses but I just think at the moment we’re a much better side than them. I hope the team approaches this game and plays with that same belief 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Just need to make sure we don’t leave ourselves exposed to a quick counter attack when we’re up the field, because the pace in their forward line will fuck us 

It's clearly a risk, but I do believe that a high press is the best way to beat them.  Most of their defenders aren't comfortable on the ball and sitting back and letting their midfield dictate hasn't worked at all in recent games.  

It's one of the reasons I would much rather see Sterling wide right than having fill in at LB

10 hours ago, B1872 said:

Nah no chance. I honestly still think there’s a long way to go. Even if we manage to win our next 3 and go into the split 5 points ahead I’d say it’s far from over. 

If they win on Sunday, I can’t see us turning it round by going there and winning.

Likewise if we go 5 points clear they’ll absolutely implode.

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Tracking Furuhashi will be vital, he has a knack of scoring out of nothing against us 

He’ll score on Sunday. Goldson and Souttar have had trouble tracking players far worse than him the last couple of months. We just need to make sure we’re on our way to winning when the inevitable brain fart comes.