*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

42 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Genuinely think it’s equal for both teams. If we win this the chances are by Thursday morning or whenever the fuck Dundee have a pitch that can have football played on it they’ll be 5 behind 

You think so? It feels a lot more make or break for us. Our record at their dump has been terrible for ages now, so a win there is pretty unlikely. They'll be confident that they can get three points back after the split, I think.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

You think so? It feels a lot more make or break for us. Our record at their dump has been terrible for ages now, so a win there is pretty unlikely. They'll be confident that they can get three points back after the split, I think.

Agree with that. A draw is no good for us. Must win. 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Think we have to remember we would still be 2 ahead if we won in Dundee. The parkhead game should not just be written off, same even dare I say it, things go wrong and we lose, it's not over we could win there.

If we lose on Sunday the only way we win the league is if they fuck up elsewhere. We ain't winning at the dump under such circumstances.

28 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If we win they need to win every game and hope we drop points elsewhere. They can't afford to lose.

6 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If we win they need to win every game and hope we drop points elsewhere. They can't afford to lose.

Aye, I'm not saying there's no pressure on them. I just think there's more pressure on us.

I was looking forward to this game all week, now I'm dreading it. I feel sick already.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Aye, I'm not saying there's no pressure on them. I just think there's more pressure on us.

I was looking forward to this game all week, now I'm dreading it. I feel sick already.

I don't agree. No matter the result the outcome is still in our hands. I'd much rather be in our position than theirs right now.

I just want it over and done with though.

Stating the obvious here but there is a confidence, arrogance maybe when they come to us established over years of getting results, fuck we have seen them leave with a victory when down to ten. 

They’ll turn up with belief and be organised and we have to disrupt that.  

That game v Beale they had a patched up back line, what did we do? - allowed CM the space previously occupied by Brown and he starts spraying balls about, bringing the defenders into the game, allowed young guys to settle who could’ve crumbled.  

Go after them early, rattle them. I don’t think they’ll cope or recover. 

All within our gift one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, don logan said:

I'm confident we'll win. They've been flat for months. Not playing well, constantly looking for a "reaction" but never getting one. Don't see how they, all of a sudden, will be brilliant. If we are on our game, we'll win. In our hands. Lundstram should dominate midfield.

Both teams are better than they were a month ago. We look a bit fresher after the break and getting some key names back.

They’re going to be a different team with CCV, Hatate and McGregor back for the run in.

It’s a must win for us as not confident we will take anything from them or that they will drop points on the run in.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

The pressure is massively on us as compared to them. I'm not sure how you could see it otherwise.

The pressure on both sides is massive to the point it makes no difference who has more on their shoulders. Folks rightly bring up our record at their dump, but our record against the other 10 under Clement is much stronger than theirs under Rodgers. Defeat for them puts us potentially 5 clear. Even with one more game between us to be played, that's still a mountain for them to climb given their patchy league form.

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

The pressure on both sides is massive to the point it makes no difference who has more on their shoulders. Folks rightly bring up our record at their dump, but our record against the other 10 under Clement is much stronger than theirs under Rodgers. Defeat for them puts us potentially 5 clear. Even with one more game between us to be played, that's still a mountain for them to climb given their patchy league form.

Reality is we would need to lose two to their perfect run in 

Feels unlikely 👍🏻 - not impossible as a certain helicopter would testify but unlikely.  

If we fail to beat them on Sunday I swear there is a fucking mindset against them that can't be shifted with some of our players.

I am adament if we win we win by 2 or 3 goals. 3pts is a must and then another game midweek to go 5 clear it would be ours to lose.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

I think this logic makes sense. We have to go into the split with a three point advantage, minimum.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

I don’t think so, if we lose it’s a campaign we didn’t have a hope in hell of winning last October and we move on and forward with Clement likely only a point behind going in to the split.

If they lose the sharks are out, Rodgers will be grasping at anyone to blame but himself.

If we claw back a 7-8 point deficit and actually go 2 in front, and then blow the league at home to them, then all the same bottle merchant / mentality / nae baws chat comes flooding back again - and would be rightfully so. 

We absolute have to win the league from the position we’ve got ourselves back into, and financially we need it and the CL next season desperately. 

8 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

If we fail to beat them on Sunday I swear there is a fucking mindset against them that can't be shifted with some of our players.

I am adament if we win we win by 2 or 3 goals. 3pts is a must and then another game midweek to go 5 clear it would be ours to lose.

Nonsense, some of these players under gerrard would go and beat them regularly. Between gio and Beale they shat it more than the players and wouldn’t really go at them. Well gio did in the first season but then shat it at the midden twice.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Bug eyes shown on Twitter as being back in training. Still don’t think he’ll start it this is his first day back. 

I think they’ll take the gamble 

I’d play Ridvan on Sunday even if it meant he missed every other game until the end of the season given how massive this one is. I imagine they’ll have similar thoughts on that wee cunt

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hasn’t kicked a ball in nearly 7 weeks. 

100% starts imo, old firm midfield are the battle to win and he gives them a massive boost, he doesnt need to rush in and do daft tackles, just marshall it well. It's a risk but it's a bigger risk for them not to win the game.

If we win and win against dundee, then there's very little hope for them. They'll be absolutely up for this and will throw everything at it