Tav's time is up.

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

How do you know no one else is technically better than him, lawerence has a good dig on him, cantwell isn't the worst at striking a ball either 

They have good ability but I still wouldn’t trust them over Tav with penalties.

Season 19/20 we tried rotating the takers and it failed miserably.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s what I said. For the overlapping side of your plan he needs to be a wing back. 

Since when have full backs not been able to overlap?

58 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This season Tav’s goals and assists is 26.  
He’s had fairly consistent stats most seasons  

Where the fuck are we going to get that from if he goes. Can anyone see it? Where’s it coming from?   

a new midfielder or winger that comes in

this notion that when he leaves we will no longer get assists or goals from penalties and freekicks is ludicrous 

11 minutes ago, five stars said:

Since when have full backs not been able to overlap?

We haven’t played with full backs for some time.  Borna and Tav are wing backs as is Ridvan.  I’d argue Sterling is more of an old fashioned RB

6 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

a new midfielder or winger that comes in

this notion that when he leaves we will no longer get assists or goals from penalties and freekicks is ludicrous 

Oh those magic players that will all of a sudden appear and create those numbers. I fucking hope so by the way and we should be succession planning for Tav to go next season or the one after. 

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We haven’t played with full backs for some time.  Borna and Tav are wing backs as is Ridvan.  I’d argue Sterling is more of an old fashioned 

I'm not going to argue about the difference's between the definitions of full backs and wing backs as there sometimes used interchangeability.

And it's irrelevant to the point. Both wingbacks and full backs can ovelap.

5 minutes ago, five stars said:

I'm not going to argue about the difference's between the definitions of full backs and wing backs as there sometimes used interchangeability.

And it's irrelevant to the point. Both wingbacks and full backs can ovelap.

Good 👍 

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

A lot of players ahead of the queue need to go before tav.

I just don't think we've got the money to improve his position when it desperately needs spent elsewhere on the park.

That's the original point.

We already have his replacement on the books.

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I just don't think we've got the money to improve his position when it desperately needs spent elsewhere on the park.

Again though, to protect his weaknesses we need to spend money on two or three positions

Right now we need a new front 3 and possibly a number 10, but also our current central mids and centre halves arent good enough or fit enough to cover tav defensively, so your looking at 6 players, 2 of whom are needed to simply accomodate tavs deficiencies 

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Sterling? No chance. He's a good solid utility player but never replacing tav IMO. 

He could and be a much better defender (maybe in time) but he’s never going to contribute goals and assists in any meaningful way 

47 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think replacing our right back who contributes the most to our attacking numbers still shouldn't be a priority. I think there are far more important areas we need addressed first. I do think we should have someone to compete with him if possible. 

Yeh agreed. 

I’d still start him next season but we need to sign someone to compete as he has to be managed better. Cantwell and Sterling get brought off with 25 minutes to go whilst Tav is asked to go another 100 minutes in a games that was clearly won.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh agreed. 

I’d still start him next season but we need to sign someone to compete as he has to be managed better. Cantwell and Sterling get brought off with 25 minutes to go whilst Tav is asked to go another 100 minutes in a games that was clearly won.

When we had Patterson it should have been done more then. It was a perfect scenario where we had a young home grown talent to take over at the helm. Luckily, it worked out and we were able to capitalise on Patterson but still has never had competition. Even cup games against lower league Tav plays. Last time I remember us dropping him in that situation was when we played the polish right back.

I think the reliance on him for attacking dose more harm than good in other more conventional positions of attack, him not being there will shift the responsibility back to where it should be imo, hopefully we'll have a top defender in his place doing what he's supposed to, Tavs had his time and I personally hope him and Goldson move on over the summer.

1 hour ago, five stars said:

We start with another penalty taker.

That's the majority of the goals.

Sterling overlapping from RB will get as many assists as Tav.

Then factor in the amount of goals we don't lose from the schoolboy defending. 

It's time.

Killie left back had Sterling’s number for most of the game today, not convinced with him out wide. Much prefer him in the middle.

23 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Who should be shifted before him that will still have time on their contract in June?

The only way we'll know if Sterling is good enough to be our right back is to give him a run of games in the position. 

But he's hungry, quick, strong and athletic. 

He was very good thrown in as a midfielder, defensively he was good at LB but understandably didn't create too much going forward on his left foot.

I'd suggest he's shown more than enough to deserve a chance to make the position his.

41 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Oh those magic players that will all of a sudden appear and create those numbers. I fucking hope so by the way and we should be succession planning for Tav to go next season or the one after. 

well yeah, or what keep tav till he gets his buspass?

get a right back that can defend get ball winning midfielders and wingers that can cross 

theres your goals and assists they can come from more than one player without the terrible defending