Tav's time is up.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Aye it's not great when you see it back. Needs to have a stronger hand. Right side for him which supposedly isn't his problem side. 

He’s dropped in it, for sure, mate, but when you’re of the standard purported (and paid for…) you expect those to be saved.

Hate comparisons with them, but compare with how Schmeichel dealt with McCrorie’s shot, after being a spectator for 85 minutes.

12 minutes ago, HG5 said:

But he WAS beaten by a ball across the face of the goal.

Propper’s slip, while looking awful, is probably irrelevant (it would have been a stretch to reach the cut back), but fact is Tav’s man reacted, Tav didn’t.

As you rightly say, Tav’s legs have gone & he couldn’t keep up.

Not for me. The danger is Maeda gets to the back post ahead of Tav. Maeda is fast. Tav has to start a yard ahead of him and block that possibility off. 

There’s no way from that position you’re expecting your CB to fall on his arse and that ball to come across. (And beat Souttar as well).

If he’s trying to cover all possibilities at that point then Maeda is beating him 10/10 to any back post cross.

IMG_3434.png

13 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not for me. The danger is Maeda gets to the back post ahead of Tav. Maeda is fast. Tav has to start a yard ahead of him and block that possibility off. 

There’s no way from that position you’re expecting your CB to fall on his arse and that ball to come across. (And beat Souttar as well).

If he’s trying to cover all possibilities at that point then Maeda is beating him 10/10 to any back post cross.

IMG_3434.png

Mate I genuinely don't get what you're on about. Tav doesn't need to cover all possibilities.

One job.

He needs to track Maeda.

It isn't chess FFS.

16 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate I genuinely don't get what you're on about. Tav doesn't need to cover all possibilities.

One job.

He needs to track Maeda.

It isn't chess FFS.

But there's 4 mistakes before that 

37 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

IMG_3434.png

Tav starts 6 yards ahead of him from this picture.

Rather blows your point.

Time and time again the defence was caught out of position basic defending. Tavenier the biggest culprit giving Maeda too much space but Soutar was continually out of position.

I think Propper was probably thinking what the fuck. Jefte getting booked early for a stupid challenge and never anywhere near their right wing either Johnston or Kuhn.

Playing the ball back and forward between Butland Souttar Propper numerous passes not just once but time and time again why? and don't tell me it was to draw them out of position because it didn't work.

We so need to get Dessers to fuck he has no idea wanders around moaning about getting pushed or pulled about just a waste of space.

At the end of the day the only analysis is that we had no defence, no midfield prepared to protect the back 4 or able to support the “attack” and no real threat upfront. We have had bad days against them but this was a really dispiriting and sickening display all round from everyone.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Should he fuck hang his head and take that

I’m his biggest critic these days, that fan probably is voicing what many of us are thinking or have been posting on here over the summer, but that’s not in way shape or form an acceptable way to speak to him

Point the fingers at the board for letting us get to this point and the manager for continually playing him with little regard for his diminishing athleticism 

Yes he fucking should.

Who cares how it's acceptable to speak to him? I couldn't give a damn about dignified or anything else anymore. This loser wants to bite back to years of contempt as if it's our fault. Ffs that lot have literally chased players out of their club, do you think they care about acceptable when they lift the league again?

Fuck this weak mentality.

He wants to react to one guy like that, so mentally weak and unsure of himself that he takes that opinion so to heart.

Anger is at the board and manager too, don't worry they're all getting their due.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Should he fuck hang his head and take that

I’m his biggest critic these days, that fan probably is voicing what many of us are thinking or have been posting on here over the summer, but that’s not in way shape or form an acceptable way to speak to him

Point the fingers at the board for letting us get to this point and the manager for continually playing him with little regard for his diminishing athleticism 

Yeah just fuck off, and nothing but a loser is not fair or constructive criticism of the guy. He's won plenty with us. But this is clearly a season too many for him being the captain and regular starter. It very obviously needed a change and that change hasn't happened. 

28 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Yeah just fuck off, and nothing but a loser is not fair or constructive criticism of the guy. He's won plenty with us. But this is clearly a season too many for him being the captain and regular starter. It very obviously needed a change and that change hasn't happened. 

Plenty what mate? Games of football? 

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Plenty of personal accolades aye. Not much more as a team

7 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

One job.

He needs to track Maeda.

It isn't chess FFS.

He was tracking Maeda to the only possible place that a goal could come from.

Barring a freak slip by the CB that lets the ball go into an area that never would have got to.

Propper slips, Tav can’t change direction quick enough. An attacker at the back post has that luxury of running late.

The major mistakes for that goal come from Propper and Matondo. 

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Anger is at the board and manager too, don't worry they're all getting their du

They won’t though will they. The mess we’re in lies with the board. The players yesterday bar 1 or 2 were equally as bad. Everyone is frustrated as fuck but abusing players like that is exactly the behaviour that we ridiculed the scum fans for a few years back.

8 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

IMG_3434.png

There's loads of individual mistakes in that goal. I wouldn't expect any decent defender to lose a goal in Tavs position there unless the ball was flighted over his head and headed in. The Propper slip didn't help but the odds are still well against Maeda.

Tav's not solely to blame but he's culpable too.

40 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Plenty of personal accolades aye. Not much more as a team

Yup. He’s had individual moments and that’s what his entire career has been built on here in the cold light of day. Free kicks at Parkhead that don’t really matter, “pressure penalties” in games that ultimately mean fuck all as another league title goes begging. 

I’d rather my captain led from the front with passion, aggression and a desire to win every game. Then the individual moments become team moments. 

Nobody in that team for the last 3 years has looked and been inspired by him.

1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

I felt this as well. Reckon covering for tav made things harder for goldson.

Might well be why Souttar is/was all over the place.

Can’t be easy having to cover two defensive positions, especially when it’s your captain as you can’t really give your captain the bollocking he fully deserves.
And therein lies the problem (or one of them)

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Might well be why Souttar is/was all over the place.

Can’t be easy having to cover two defensive positions, especially when it’s your captain as you can’t really give your captain the bollocking he fully deserves.
And therein lies the problem (or one of them)

Or he’s just shite.