29 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Do think this is a convenient get out clause for the SFA.

Don't think they wanted anymore noise about his shocking refereeing decisions next season but wouldn't want to be seen sacking him. 

1 down, 4 or 5 more to go.

He's not exactly down when he now has the influential role in the organisation that now recruits, trains, promotes and matchday selects the referees next season and into the future.

He's likely to want more like him - infer what you will from "like him".

33 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fucksakes!  Scottish fitba!  They had applicants from all over the world. My fucking arse!  🤣🤣

I decided I better read the article so I could find the bit you have highlighted and found this sentence as well:

"Willie’s experience, leadership responsibilities within the Scottish education system"   :unsure:   :lol:

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I decided I better read the article so I could find the bit you have highlighted and found this sentence as well:

"Willie’s experience, leadership responsibilities within the Scottish education system"   :unsure:   :lol:

They forgot catholic before "education system" :thepope:

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

No better endorsement than that ffs😁

25 minutes ago, NI said:

They forgot catholic before "education system" :thepope:

Was principal teacher of the Religious Education department at Cardinal Newman High School in Bellshill. Not sure how recently.

Would imagine pretty devout catholics get these sorts of jobs.

Now a devout glasgow born Catholic who loves football enough to be employed part time is then meant to be entirely neutral as a ref? Hilarious.

🤣 if you don't life's too short. 

It must have been a slow news day when they mentioned the English ref being the stick on. Either that it was on until sleekit Pete got wind of it.

52 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Strange goings on if true 

Saying they got impressive applications from all over the world but Collum was best candidate was clearly a lot of bull.

The above tweet would suggest that Collum was chosen for the role over more suitable candidates. I've no idea why that would be the case.....

23 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's not exactly down when he now has the influential role in the organisation that now recruits, trains, promotes and matchday selects the referees next season and into the future.

He's likely to want more like him - infer what you will from "like him".

Just like in business or government, shit people hire shit people. It becomes a race to the bottom because they can deal with being challenged by people that report to them.

44 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

“Aye but what school did he go to? If it wasn’t Our Lady/Blessed/Holy (insert saint’s name here), then he can get to fuck…”

The game up here will never move forward when the men making the decisions have an agenda. Willie Collum, its actually laughable 😂

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

The game up here will never move forward when the men making the decisions have an agenda. Willie Collum, its actually laughable 😂

Like politicians it's about self preservation, snouts in the trough, keeping the status quo via placemen and at all costs don't revolutionise things and rock the boat. 

Fuck the greater good.