Borna

Jack

Lundstram

Lammers

Roofe

Sima

Silva

North of £160k per week you’d estimate.

Also got Hagi, Cifuentes, Cantwell, and Tav potentially going. 

And brought in some youngsters who aren’t ready to play, Jefte for peanuts, Barron and Kelly on a free, reloaned Cortes, loaned Cerny and bought Diomande (who was already here).

The fact we’re just scrambling about for loans  with a matter of days before kick off tells you there’s something seriously wrong at our club.

Red flags everywhere. 

Don't know if you seen but Bennett basically confirmed we have no money.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't know if you seen but Bennett basically confirmed we have no money.

How though?

Must be making an absolute cunt of it to shift that much off the wage bill, with potentially more coming, and still have fuck all to spend. 

If we bring in a better, younger CH then we'll be in a great position.  Just need to shift out Tav, Cantwell, Dessers and Davies now.  Then get a proper number 6 and CF in.

Good luck to the big man.

Whatever we think of him he has been out most consistent CB over the last few years, been integral in what fleeting good moments we've had.

Glad he's been moved on. Free up wages, whether we get a chance to use them to replace him???

Davies and Souttar at the weekend it is

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We’ve now shifted…

McLaughlin

McCrorie

Goldson

Borna

Jack

Lundstram

Lammers

Roofe

Sima

Silva

And brought in some youngsters who aren’t ready to play, Jefte for peanuts, Barron and Kelly on a free, reloaned Cortes, loaned Cerny and bought Diomande (who was already here).

The fact we’re just scrambling about for loans  with a matter of days before kick off tells you there’s something seriously wrong at our club.

Red flags everywhere. 

Our team is worse in every single way compared to how we ended the season. 

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

How though?

Must be making an absolute cunt of it to shift that much off the wage bill, with potentially more coming, and still have fuck all to spend. 

I know the board is woeful but surely Koppen and Clement don’t sanction 2m on Igamane if there is no other funds to spend.

12 minutes ago, shaka said:

If we bring in a better, younger CH then we'll be in a great position.  Just need to shift out Tav, Cantwell, Dessers and Davies now.  Then get a proper number 6 and CF in.

In what world will we be in a great position? We haven't signed anyone who is better than what we had and we'll have basically no one to play right back or as a 10, not to mention only 3 centre backs, one of which is 36 and another who is Souttar who is injury prone and not very good. 

We'll also be relying on Wright and Matondo playing a lot of games as we have no depth on the wings. 

The league starts in 4 days and our team is noticeably worse. I don't know how anyone can look at this and not be concerned. 

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

How though?

Because we've been running at a substantial loss and we have to close that gap. Unless we get investment we either becoming a sustainable club that doesn't really win anything in the short to medium term, or we invest money we dont have to chase trophies and UCL qualification, taking a risk with the future of the club. 

Now going into a title challenge with Souttar who is injury prone and Davies who is weak as piss. Both don't fill me with any confidence at the back either.

Nsiala looks very raw and Balogun is a backup at best. Before I said on here a striker is a priority but now it's a centre half but will this board sanction the funds for one or will we have to shoehorn Sterling in there now.

32 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We’ve now shifted…

McLaughlin

McCrorie

Goldson

Borna

Jack

Lundstram

Lammers

Roofe

Sima

Silva

Red flags everywhere. 

We were never replacing 10/13 players in one window. It’s the clear out we all wanted and stated over last season. Far too many average players over the hill perma injured. 

That in my eyes has been excellent (I would have kept Goldson though). 

The other side of things is completely unknown,  players coming in that are a mixture of oven ready and development. 
We are right to be apprehensive but I’m going into this season excited to see what PC does with a squad mainly his own. 

Then I can start moaning like fuck. 

It was time for him (and the others) to leave, and in fact it is probably 2 or 3 years to late.

However our chairman has been on the board / presided over the period where we allowed our squad to stagnate / implemented a woeful transfer strategy which has led to us having this cull of players most supporters didn’t believe contributed to a winning side and yet going into the season demonstrably worse.

They better have some rabbits in the hat ready to pull out (or more likely hope that Clement can work some absolute miracles) as if the season starts poorly the fans fury is going to be palpable and squarely aimed at the leadership of the club.

Surely we can't just be writing off this season as bedding in Youth / Younger projects.

We are now painfully thin at CB in terms of quality. (Prob all round the team except GK) 

Soutter,Balogun, Davies, Nsialia 

* King , Sterling 

At Striker.

Dessers, Danilo,  Igamane 

At Rw

Cerny , Wright 

No real ambition to qualify for Champs league, or go for the league.

Glad/ delighted  at all the players that have left so far. Costs being cut dramatically. 

Maybe some more loans.

26 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Now going into a title challenge with Souttar who is injury prone and Davies who is weak as piss. Both don't fill me with any confidence at the back either.

Nsiala looks very raw and Balogun is a backup at best. Before I said on here a striker is a priority but now it's a centre half but will this board sanction the funds for one or will we have to shoehorn Sterling in there now.

We weren't doing that whether Goldson was here or not. We don't have the funds to get the squad competing with them in one or two windows. The fans are going to need to adjust to the fact that success is now a long term project.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

We've made a mess of balancing the books. No money left.

And while getting Dio and Cortes on "loan now, pay later" deals make a sort of sense, we're just pushing those fees into the next spending budget, diluting that.

Saving circa 160k a week in wages doesn't necessarily mean the money is there to spend, which is depressing as fuck. 

Thank fuck he's away him and a good few others are the reason we are in this shite by failing to challenge for three league titles that were there for the taking especially last season.

Barely demonstrated a willingness to improve after bombing in the CL gifting goals whingeing about supporters and pressure despite a resounding patience and encouragement shown from the stands he continually fucked up .

He's exactly why we've been through three managers not a day too soon to see the back  of him did fuck all to justify his new contract on the back of an already shite elsewhere attitude.

Good Fucking Riddance.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

My lasting memory of him will be his inability to kick that ball out of play against Frankfurt 

All the best to the guy, no ill will from me. But aye, thats the huge 'what if...' moment that'll hang over his time here

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

We weren't doing that whether Goldson was here or not. We don't have the funds to get the squad competing with them in one or two windows. The fans are going to need to adjust to the fact that success is now a long term project.

Not for me, every season should be a title challenge. Yes its going to be difficult but not throwing in the towel yet before a ball is even kicked. 

6 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Not for me, every season should be a title challenge. Yes its going to be difficult but not throwing in the towel yet before a ball is even kicked. 

What it should be and what it is are two completely different things. No one can honestly look at that squad and think it has a chance of competing for a title.

12 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

The problem we have run into is that we have chucked a whole bunch of money at winning the league and have fallen beyond short multiple times. The club is financially exhausted.

The chickens have come home to roost. We sadly need to make do with achieving the same results we have over the past few years but at a more reasonable expense.

9 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

What it should be and what it is are two completely different things. No one can honestly look at that squad and think it has a chance of competing for a title.

I'll reserve judgement until I see us in competive games before I hit the panic button. Nobody knows if this will be the same squad before the transfer window closes.