Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

crmpicco

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I dont have any tbh. 

I don’t think we'll win the league as things stand. I'm not convinced we'll even run it as close as last season. I dont have any real buzz for it for the first time that I can remember. There's no excitement going into the season knowing that it's 99% likely we'll finish 2nd.

Hopefully be able to pick up a cup and have a decent run in the Europa League.

Sadly, your last paragraph just about sums up where we are at present - hoping for a good run in the Europa League.

Reinforced by the amount of goodwill sent the dead loss Lundstram’s way, on the back of his goal in the Europa League semi.

We’re down to thanking players for individual goals, rather than contributions to league or cup wins & trophy hauls.

People need to have a deep breath & take that in - we are a shadow of our former selves.

18 hours ago, crmpicco said:

What are your expectations for the coming season at this moment in time? Obviously we hope there will be plenty of movement in and out before the action kicks off in earnest.

For me, if we don't see some pretty big exists in the form of Tav and Goldson we are in for a rough ride. The defence needs a serious upgrade otherwise we can forget doing anything.

Let's hope Clement has some aces up his sleeve because I feel he's right up against it now.

My expectation is that our Title chances will be defined by how pish the filth are.

I only hope that Brenda has the disaster that the cunt deserves.

The negativity on here is unbelievable seeing as we haven't kicked a ball yet.

New players have come in Clinton Nsiala the latest, big lad, Connor Barron good young midfielder, Cortes and Danilo fit and raring to go.

Lets wait and see how they play in the friendlies coming up before we all start slashing our wrists FFS.

1 hour ago, DJXL said:

My expectation is that our Title chances will be defined by how pish the filth are.

I only hope that Brenda has the disaster that the cunt deserves.

Fuck that! We need to care about our team. We need to get it sorted. We need to trust Phil. 

21 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

What are yours? 

I think we'll do well to win either of the cups and i'm saying that as it stands with Tav/Goldson still around and no senior signings. My hope is we win the treble, but like I say, as it stands the chances of us winning the league are slim. I just can't see it.

4 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

New players have come in Clinton Nsiala the latest, big lad, Connor Barron good young midfielder, Cortes and Danilo fit and raring to go.

Lets wait and see how they play in the friendlies coming up before we all start slashing our wrists FFS.

I'd counter this by saying assuming all players are going to hit the ground running/will be any good or better than we have is premature.

Also, temper your expectations on Danilo. He was very lucky Dessers had such a rough start because he was missing sitters all over the shop and we don't have a good history of players coming back from bad injuries.

32 minutes ago, crmpicco said:

I think we'll do well to win either of the cups and i'm saying that as it stands with Tav/Goldson still around and no senior signings. My hope is we win the treble, but like I say, as it stands the chances of us winning the league are slim. I just can't see it.

So you’re expectations are really low. 

Some players who "gave up" at the end of last season are off, or are about to be moved on. 

With a decent pre-season, and the never-ending injury calamities hopefully sorted out, we have every chance of taking on the challenge. Depends on what we can get for shifting some more players: what we can bring in with the right ability and the right level of experience.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

So you’re expectations are really low. 

Right now expectations are low as a snake's belly. The recruitment so far has been fine, but only Barron is one the fans will be up for. The others are punts and untested unknowns. AFAIC we haven't strengthened the first XI unless Clement reckons Barron is ready to go.

If they aren't working bloody hard to get players out the door and get fees for them then we are in deep in the brown stuff.

I'm hoping July sees a flurry of activity.

31 minutes ago, crmpicco said:

Right now expectations are low as a snake's belly. The recruitment so far has been fine, but only Barron is one the fans will be up for. The others are punts and untested unknowns. AFAIC we haven't strengthened the first XI unless Clement reckons Barron is ready to go.

If they aren't working bloody hard to get players out the door and get fees for them then we are in deep in the brown stuff.

I'm hoping July sees a flurry of activity.

What a lot of nonsense you speak. 
What you are saying is that you don’t trust our management team and you have no real expectations of success this season. 

Stick to Aussie rules as proper football isn’t for you 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What a lot of nonsense you speak. 
What you are saying is that you don’t trust our management team and you have no real expectations of success this season. 

Stick to Aussie rules as proper football isn’t for you 

It’s not really about trusting the management team tbf. I’m sure if Phil had the money and the choice himself he would have a number of players in the door already.

Where the squad is right now we are basically relying on celtic becoming weaker than they were for us to challenge. I’m hopeful we will see quite a number of changes in playing personnel before the season starts, but right now the squad doesn’t look any better than it was

7 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

I don't see much negativity tbh. More realism. As it stands we don't have a squad capable of winning the league.

10 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Very good defensive work rate when he was on it too though.

It’s the trade off sadly for our level. You probably don’t get a winger on target for 20 plus goals in a season who can also control a ball.

Amount of poor first touches from him was mental.

Aye tbf his tracking back and covering was incredible. I'd still like him to come but depends on price.

49 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It’s not really about trusting the management team tbf. I’m sure if Phil had the money and the choice himself he would have a number of players in the door already.

Where the squad is right now we are basically relying on celtic becoming weaker than they were for us to challenge. I’m hopeful we will see quite a number of changes in playing personnel before the season starts, but right now the squad doesn’t look any better than it was

Right now we have a clutch of young inexperienced players in the door and a clutch of absolute average gunk out the door. Now I’m thinking that can only be an improvement, but nobody knows- so we have to trust the gaffer. 
He has recently said  that his focus is now on bringing experience to the club. 
All positive and nothing (at this point in time) to raise any concerns. 
Right now - if you are saying stuff about confidence being at an all time low without seeing the full squad and a few games in then my opinion is you are talking shite. 

Weeping at this point is stupidity 

Not worried about surpassing last year’s level where we came so close. Despite the start with Beale, being screwed on every 50/50 OF decision, a horrific fixture list post Xmas compared to them, the injuries and fatigue with that and a front 3 of Dessers, McCausland, Wright and Silva at times. 

But they have the funds to improve to a level we’d struggle to match.

They could go out and sign Miovski, spend 10 million on 2 new full backs, 10 million on a CB and a winger.

55 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not worried about surpassing last year’s level where we came so close. Despite the start with Beale, being screwed on every 50/50 OF decision, a horrific fixture list post Xmas compared to them, the injuries and fatigue with that and a front 3 of Dessers, McCausland, Wright and Silva at times. 

They could go out and sign Miovski, spend 10 million on 2 new full backs, 10 million on a CB and a winger.

No they couldn’t. 

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

They won’t, unless that spend is covered by outgoings.  Just like the majority of teams. They get big money for average players because they dominate Scottish football and have done for years. Last season Jota (€29m) provided funds to success. This year it’s going to be O’Riley.  

We need to win things. Desperately 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

No they couldn’t. 

Course they could. They have 70 million in cash.

They will probably get close to 20 for O’Riley.

And they have CL money.

We’ve spent 15 a year past 2 seasons..

They could absolutely spend 30.

Whether they will is a different question. But they could unless that cash is needed for litigation.

12 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Is it any wonder there's negativity on here after the absolute car crash our season ended in? 

Friendlies aren't a guide to how things are going to go at all. They tell you next to nothing 

5 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Is it any wonder there's negativity on here after the absolute car crash our season ended in? 

Friendlies aren't a guide to how things are going to go at all. They tell you next to nothing 

To be fair they were pretty representative last summer.