Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

That interview has me convinced we'll see a repeat of last season. Clement doing what he can to get a tune out of this team (which will have the same core of serial losers in it), not being backed by the board and either walking or being sacked.

Got to feel for big Phil but it’s worrying times ahead years of piss poor recruitment now taking its toll our clubs a mess man feels like we’re headed back to the pre Gerrard era grim in all honesty

2 minutes ago, Jelle1880 said:

That interview has me convinced we'll see a repeat of last season. Clement doing what he can to get a tune out of this team (which will have the same core of serial losers in it), not being backed by the board and either walking or being sacked.

Seeing “Welcome Derek McInnes” tweeted in October might be the end of me 

Yes things don't look great for recruitment but the squad we have should be more than capable of competing in Scottish football on all 3 fronts if Clement can't do that this season, then he isn't the right man for the job.

Lammers needs to be training and playing to sell, defo shouldn't be frozen out if we are soo desperate for money to be able to strengthen 

We dont have enough sellable assets that will generate enough money to make any significant signings and the gaffer is openly telling us that the board basically deceived him. The whole thing is a recipe for a total disaster. 

We're utterly, utterly fucked. 

8 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Yes things don't look great for recruitment but the squad we have should be more than capable of competing in Scottish football on all 3 fronts if Clement can't do that this season, then he isn't the right man for the job.

Lammers needs to be training and playing to sell, defo shouldn't be frozen out if we are soo desperate for money to be able to strengthen 

You're sniffing copious amounts of Lynx if you actually believe that.

Very concerned by those quotes on a number of levels. While we all pretty much knew this was the state of play the fact that PC has publicly called the board out as having lied to him when we appointed him would suggest all is not well behind the scenes. Would also have to expect that Koppen has been similarly been given false pretences of the budgets he would be working with.

Reality is we are anywhere between 3 - 7 players short in terms of quality going in to next season. If we are relying on sales to fund future transfers we are not going to have a budget to suitably address those positions.

Would be very interested to know when the budget was communicated to Clement & Koppen as it will have a significant impact on the targets we are looking at. Given the size of rebuild required if they knew earlier would it have given us a better run at looking at out of contract players?

25 minutes ago, Jelle1880 said:

There is zero chance of Clement being sacked.

If anything, all this summer has done is solidify his position.

Pretty depressing sound bites. What’s the optimal play now? Do we go all out building a young squad with a view to having a title winning squad next year and seasons after. And some sellable assets.

Do we still try to spend money and wages on experience to have a go this year?

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Pretty depressing sound bites. What’s the optimal play now? Do we go all out building a young squad with a view to having a title winning squad next year and seasons after. And some sellable assets.

Do we still try to spend money and wages on experience to have a go this year?

We will never have another title winning squad under this board. 

12 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If he's got any fucking sense he'll jump as soon as he can and no other manager worth their salt will touch us.

Apart from the obvious in 2012, I dont think ive ever been so depressed and disillusioned with where we are as a club. Im a bit old and probably deluded but for the life of me I cannot understand what is going on, I thought we had passed all this this shit. OK, the season hasnt actually started yet, but I already feel like crying.

24 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

I take it you havent been watching us for the past few years? If Clement isnt the right man then we are well and truly fucked.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

The club have shafted Clement here big time. 

They told him a few months ago that there was no money. Would be interested to see what they promised the man in October when he joined. 

Testament to him that he wants to take the challenge head on, but it's been years and years of mismanagement on a horrendous level that has led us to the point we're relying on Sam Lammers and Cyriel Dessers to be the ones to generate an income for the club so we can bring in better quality. 

The board giving Beale the checkbook last season really hasn't helped. Whoever sanctioned the wages we have spunked on average players over the years needs to be held to account. They're effectively killing the club. 

Clement's stock was already pretty high with me, but taking this on has just elevated him even higher in my eyes. 

Good post mate. It’s been a while since I’ve felt like we had the right man in place and now these twats up top have cut him off at the knees. Really hope he stays as I think he’s the guy to take us forward once we get rid of the old rot that runs through the team. 👍

I'm sure it's just the benefit of time passing, but I genuinely don't recall feeling this disillusioned or disconnected from the club, even when we were struggling to get out of the championship or getting absolutely fucking battered during the Warburton or Caixinha era. I remember not being able to see how we ever got back to the top, but there was always a wee feeling of hope that things were going to get better. Now it honestly just feels like we're killing time until things get even worse. No one is going to buy us and this board are running us into the ground. 

Christ knows where this ends.

8 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

Apart from the obvious in 2012, I dont think ive ever been so depressed and disillusioned with where we are as a club. Im a bit old and probably deluded but for the life of me I cannot understand what is going on, I thought we had passed all this this shit. OK, the season hasnt actually started yet, but I already feel like crying.

Literally posted this as you've responded to me. 

Think Clement is being quite smart here with what he's said. He is managing expectations, whilst admitting the current cycle of replacing a manager every year can't of continue. Any pressure is now focussed rightly so on the board and not on him.

Think he genuinely wants to succeed here and has clearly been misled. But by making statements about having to focus on the long term I think his job is very safe. We won't get better than him with this current board. 

Can only pray for a miracle and hope we somehow scrape through the CL qualifying but I'd be amazed. 

9 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

In 2012 the fans were fired up and ready, together with the club, to stand up and fight back.

Now, there’s nothing but apathy.

The board can’t keep losing money every year. They backed Beale, mistake yes but they backed him with serious investment, which is exactly what we wanted. 
The reality is, the SPL brings in very little revenue, therefore we require to move on some assets to fund purchases. Makes sense.

The mistake here is making it known, as clubs will realise we’re strapped and offers will be low ball… 

I can see the club front end funding a purchase to allow time for the player to settle and negotiations with our outgoing player(s) to progress. 
We all knew we had very little ‘new funds’. 
We don’t know what has been said to Clemente but he will have significant funds to spend, once we free up funds from moving players on.