Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

Think we all accept we can’t and won’t win every game. What we watch season in season out though is shite football that has no drive or direction. The club and standard of player gets worse every fucking year. 
It’s getting to the stage where supporters don’t even give a fuck anymore - we just accept it year in year out 

58 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Attendances will plumit come the winter

Absolutely - people aren’t going to bother watching this shite turgid brand of football while celtic walk off with another easy treble 

We’re in a fight for 2nd place as it stands, anyone who genuinely thinks we are fighting for the title with our current squad (or anywhere close to it) is living in fantasy land.

If we sign a new CB, a new CM, a new CAM, a new Winger and a new CF and all 5 are genuinely quality and hit the ground running then that will change.

But the chances of that happening are about 1%.

My expectations are lower than a snakes belly at this moment in time.
Will almost certainly still watch every game no doubt, no matter how shite we are but by Christ it’s a grim prospect right now.

27 minutes ago, beararse said:

My expectations are lower than a snakes belly at this moment in time.
Will almost certainly still watch every game no doubt, no matter how shite we are but by Christ it’s a grim prospect right now.

Out of champions league, we'll get slaughtered on Tuesday and we'll be total pish in the Europa.  League finished before Xmas.  Awful to watch on the park. It'd make you weep really. 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any genuine belief that we'll beat them in a Old Firm this season?

Yes mate we will, they have frailties as seen today but that's probably in the last game when it's meaningless.

They'll lose 3 games max all season 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any genuine belief that we'll beat them in an Old Firm this season?

We’ll get pumped away. Home advantage is massive so I wouldn’t be surprised if we win at home. And anything can happen one off at Hampden.

Whats obvious is we will be nowhere near over the season in the league.

Going to be so many dropped points where we just bang our heads for 90 minutes watching Dessers miss from 5 yards and Matondo running head first into their CB. 

On 03/08/2024 at 14:34, The Godfather said:

Attendances will plumit come the winter

I’ll still be going to every home game but with zero expectations and probably very little enthusiasm, Never thought I’d ever feel that way going to a Rangers game, Especially at the very start of a new season, Sad as fuck the state of our club.

39 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Yes mate we will, they have frailties as seen today but that's probably in the last game when it's meaningless.

They'll lose 3 games max all season 

Hope you're right. That's my only real goal for this season. We need to get that monkey off our backs. We can't have players coming in and immediately becoming accustomed to being second best to them.

56 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

We’ll get pumped away. Home advantage is massive so I wouldn’t be surprised if we win at home. And anything can happen one off at Hampden.

We had two games at home last season where they had no supporters.

In one we had two disallowed goals and then gifted them a pathetic counter goal that was smacked in from about 30 yards. In the second we allowed them to score in 20 seconds.

This year we are in a worse state on and off the pitch, and the “one off at Hampden” effect is diluted when it’s not essentially our decant home.

In short, I don’t have any confidence we can touch them because they’ve given me nothing to suggest any different.

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any genuine belief that we'll beat them in a Old Firm this season?

We'll not beat them in a game that counts towards silverware unless a minimum of 3 new starters arrive in CH, CM and CF positions.

We'll not win a cup unless someone else puts them out.