*****Ajax v Rangers*****

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

And the destruction of our club will then be complete.

Minority opinion here. But he's got the potential to be a future Rangers manager. Would like to see him do it in the Championship or at Scotland first but I think he is an excellent manager at this level.

39 minutes ago, beararse said:

This. Watched him closely: constantly let players drift off him, has no awareness off the ball.

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

There’s a reason he hasn’t kicked on and it’s still the case after at least 3 kicks up the arse. Watch the training videos and you’ll see a player with bags of ability but does the classic; plays a good pass or is involved in a sweeping move but is too busy admiring his own work to continue passages of play. 

If he can’t screw the nut and do it for someone like Clement then he never will.

That said I would like to see him in the first eleven getting a proper run at the 10 position if we were in a better place.

5 minutes ago, WWTC said:

There’s a reason he hasn’t kicked on and it’s still the case after at least 3 kicks up the arse. Watch the training videos and you’ll see a player with bags of ability but does the classic; plays a good pass or is involved in a sweeping move but is too busy admiring his own work to continue passages of play. 

Clement actually barked that at him in one of the training videos.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clement actually barked that at him in one of the training videos.

I know this means fuck all in the grand scheme but you could actually hear Clement shouting instructions at the players on the pitch today and them ignoring it.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I know this means fuck all in the grand scheme but you could actually hear Clement shouting instructions at the players on the pitch today and them ignoring it.

McCulloch highlighted it with Dessers in first half when he didn’t press.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Christ, already at the point where some are accepting McInnes as boss.

I don't think they are accepting it but rather expecting that's how it will go with this board.

1 minute ago, ayro said:

McCulloch highlighted it with Dessers in first half when he didn’t press.

Perhaps he thinks he's off and doesn't want to get injured.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Think I caught that once when he wanted them higher up and they just stayed where they were, but didn’t notice it happening multiple times.

1 minute ago, MarzM said:

Perhaps he thinks he's off and doesn't want to get injured.

Wasn’t really like that, was more that he hesitated and then stopped as if he wasn’t sure and PC encouraged him to go on the press which he then did but the moment was gone.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Think I caught that once when he wanted them higher up and they just stayed where they were, but didn’t notice it happening multiple times.

Could hear him shouting 'go go go' multiple times and nothing happened

One way of looking that is the players are not taking on board his instructions. I'd lean towards blaming the players for that though.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Could hear him shouting 'go go go' multiple times and nothing happened

One way of looking that is the players are not taking on board his instructions. I'd lean towards blaming the players for that though.

Only goes one way if that’s true.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clement expecting success from a press by Dessers, Lawrence and Dowell is pretty worrying.

Don't think that's fair. Need to be somewhat objective about the line up today and see why certain players played. If it was a competitive game and he wanted a press McCuasland would 100% have played over Dowell. Not that he's good enough.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I rate Clement far higher than you do, but lets be honest, we both know how it goes unless something significant changes.

Sadly true.

I rate him as a leader and like that he has a presence btw.

Just not sure I rate how he sees football being played - but can obviously live with that if he has us winning everything.