graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

His contract is up next month. Might be the move to make if Clement is sacked. 

Couldn't blame him but if he told this board to shove it. Asking him to come fix the mess left by the manager we hired over him 

This has to be done. It makes sense but the fucking shylocks at our club won't. 

Still think Muscat would look at us as a step up and be interested.

Problem is that useless wank we have will still be here. He's going nowhere.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Graeme Souness, after years of supporters crying out for him to get involved, was directly involved in the process of appointing Clement.

I think you will find that Souness wanted Lampard.

In any case, Souness has made some odd remarks in recent times, so I wasn't suggesting him as the football brains needed at the club.

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

Said this months ago, and I'm not saying this is what I want, but I think McInnes will be our manager at some point this season, and today's result only strengthens that.

When the board appointed Clement they clearly told him a few whoppers, I think they'll look at McInnes and know they don't need to be quite as ambitious when selling the club, and I doubt he'd knock us back again given how his careeer panned out last time.

Grim times, my fear is when this happens, he'll get us results, get us looking like we're closer to the tims, but the football will be eye bleeding and in the end won't be enough anyway. Suppose the counter argument would be that our football is already eye bleeding amd has been for most of Clement's time.

I think equally Clement told a few whoppers to get the job

i know what I’m doing…..

2 minutes ago, ranopano said:

he should be kept on as caretaker until we appoint a CEO, DoF, and Academy Director. There's no point in sacking him before those appointments and his successor should be appointed to align with whatever strategy those three appointees have agreed upon for the footballing department

That's not how a caretaker manager works. 

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Said this months ago, and I'm not saying this is what I want, but I think McInnes will be our manager at some point this season, and today's result only strengthens that.

When the board appointed Clement they clearly told him a few whoppers, I think they'll look at McInnes and know they don't need to be quite as ambitious when selling the club, and I doubt he'd knock us back again given how his careeer panned out last time.

Grim times, my fear is when this happens, he'll get us results, get us looking like we're closer to the tims, but the football will be eye bleeding and in the end won't be enough anyway. Suppose the counter argument would be that our football is already eye bleeding amd has been for most of Clement's time.

Do you think the squad is any better than the last time he was offered the job, can’t see him being accepted by the supporters anyway 

We're so badly in need of the mega funds required to clear house and start over with suitable quality from top to bottom that being Red Bull Glasgow and playing at the HighestPayingSponsor Stadium suddenly doesn't look as unappealing as it should :(

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Love to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom 

They’ll all just be sitting stuff their faces wondering how else they can fleece the support of their money whilst moaning how ungrateful we are. They are useless fucking cunts, I hate them!

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This squad isn't good enough to beat the scum and are currently in a fight for 2nd. If 2nd doesn't happen and we can't get near them your kidding yourself on to suggest a new manager wouldn't find himself under serious pressure. 

🤣

Just now, bluenoz said:

I think you will find that Souness wanted Lampard.

In any case, Souness has made some odd remarks in recent times, so I wasn't suggesting him as the football brains needed at the club.

Aw brilliant, that would have been a far better option.

What was it he said again as his reasoning, some BS about how Frank Lampard would understand the west coast of Scotland culture than Clement would. Absolute garbage.

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

That's not how a caretaker manager works. 

i'm not saying he's formally made caretaker; he should remain in place to tide us over until more senior appointments are made & those people should lead on deciding the future of the footballing department.

there is no one to sack him & no one to manage the process of appointing his successor. i agree he's not going to be our long-term manager but sacking him now is genuinely pointless