graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He meant October 2025

But let’s face it IF he can produce a win against the sheep after pumping St Mirren all will be forgiven 

Do you think that’s likely? 

I really don’t want us sacking managers every season, we badly need stability. I just want someone to tell me what I’m missing, what is his team trying to do, how are we set up to beat teams easily and regularly in our dreadful league.? 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I said it before, rightly or wrongly Tav and to a lesser extent Dessers, are emblematic of what is wrong at club. Clement made a mistake keeping/playing them. Any new manager can’t make same mistake.

Tav has regressed, Dressers hasn’t progressed, they’re both a waist of a jersey only fit for  middle league teams

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Muscat is the answer at the moment. I’ve been reluctant to fully get on board with that, but it’s staring us right in the face.

Was screaming for him the last two years. However that shipped has sailed. It’ll be McInnes.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Do you think that’s likely? 

I really don’t want us sacking managers every season, we badly need stability. I just want someone to tell me what I’m missing, what is his team trying to do, how are we set up to beat teams easily and regularly in our dreadful league.? 

I’m joking mate👍

29 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Do you think the squad is any better than the last time he was offered the job, can’t see him being accepted by the supporters anyway 

I think we've regressed badly in the last few years, I do look at the players from this season and if I'm comparing them to that 2017-18 squad then I do think it's stronger now, not by a huge margin though, and while I think how weak the squad was is the reason he knocked us back, I think he probably regretted that given how his career has panned out since, don't think he would KB us again, agreed though I think the fans would be fucked off with it, but I don't think that would stop them offering him the gig.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll jump on this muscat crazy train for a minute. What makes people so certain he takes the job? After 2 interviews now we want him to fix the guy that got it above him mess. 

Would you? Rangers supporter or not I'd be telling the useless cunts to bolt. 

He isn't going to be the mew manager. 

Depends on your personality. Some people would sulk and “say no fuck them, I don’t want the job” and some people would say “right, you’ve come back to me again so I’ll fucking show you why you should have come to me in the first place”.

Like I said, he would only be getting the job on the basis of his footballing principles. He’s not the only guy out there who wants to play expansive football and if he doesn’t want to manage us when his CV reads Melbourne Victory, Sint Truiden, Yokohama Mariners & SPIG, then he’s not worth appointing to begin with.

4 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

didnt Souness throw his weight behind Lampard, which made it a bit awkward for him to be involved when we picked Clement, would we have been any worse off with Lampard now looking back? who knows.

Lampard? He’d have burst into tears by now. He’s a wet wipe. Doesn’t matter though cause his wife is staunch

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This would be an ok argument if Souness’ choice wasn’t Lampard.

To be fair, I watched Ally's interview with Alex Ferguson yesterday, and Fergie said it was Lampard's analysis that made him want to start paying attention to tactics again, he was very impressed with him, so you can see why in an interview process he might appeal to people.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

His choice would have been Lampard, who’s as much of a meme as he is a football manager these days.

Lampard wouldn't be my choice, but I watched Fergie's interview with Super on YouTube yesterday and he said that Lampard's analysis impressed him so much that it made him start paying attention to tactics again.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’m joking mate👍

I know, still saying tho as there will defo be folk on here not wanting him sacked, thinking ‘bigger picture’, I just don’t get it, we’re an abysmal watch. 

If his team literally don’t know how to handle a piss poor Kilmarnock side then fuck me! I’ve no idea why he just doesn’t say ‘play like we did in Malmo’ for every away game, their standard was much higher than anything we face domestically outside the mhanky mob, poor as they were on the night. 

If Clement is binned you can already draw up the list of names who will be linked already 

Muscat

McInnes

Lampard

That Cunt from Bodo

Whichever one of Russell Martin or Gary O’Neill gets sacked first

One random European based manager  who’s doing an okay job at a smaller club in one of the lesser European Leagues.

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Agreed. Nowhere ever as big of a sliding doors moments as blowing an easy CL qualification path to Malmo or not winning the Europa League was.

Not winning a game isn't a sliding doors moment

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If Clement is binned you can already draw up the list of names who will be linked already 

Muscat

McInnes

Lampard

That Cunt from Bodo

Whichever one of Russell Martin or Gary O’Neill gets sacked first

One random European based manager  who’s doing an okay job at a smaller club in one of the lesser European Leagues.

We are very experienced in this process now. I'd go for that cunt from bodo just to find out if he's actually a real human being 

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

To be fair, I watched Ally's interview with Alex Ferguson yesterday, and Fergie said it was Lampard's analysis that made him want to start paying attention to tactics again, he was very impressed with him, so you can see why in an interview process he might appeal to people.

I was going to mention this. I voted for Lampard at the time and still wouldn't be totally against it now. It would be a risk, similar to Gerrard.

I really can’t stand him at all. Hate listening to him speak, hate his team selections, hate his subs. 

The board have made an arse of things but the level of football he’s producing with the players we have isn’t good enough and he’s been here long enough that we know it never will be. Get him out. 

23 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Personally don’t think everything is down to him.  Football management is different to normal work in a lot of ways but one of the similarities is when you get told something in the beginning that turns out to be not true. Exactly that has happened to Clement and it’s like he’s thrown in the towel since then. The first 6 months and last 6 months are that far apart it isn’t just down to management. 

Same happened at Monaco with him, similar pattern, initially got a bounce then it was all down hill.

Seems to have lost his way as a manager after leaving Belgium