graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

40 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You don’t think?

We’ve won two away league games since we won at Rugby Park at end of February.

We’ve scored 1 away league goal this season.

We’ve scored 11 league goals in 8 league games, 6 of them in one game.

Clement isn’t poor, he is fucking diabolical.

Beale was still worse.

We had some semblance of DNA under Gerrard but really since 2012 we've lost a lot of identity on the park and the dug out.

It's not an exact science but the vast majority of our titles have been won by Scottish and/or Rangers supporting managers. Historically we play the majority of our games with a 4-4-2 with a variety of strikers and usually lopsided. We battle before we play (cause we're bastards and no one likes us) and our team is built on strong foundations with a superb goalie and defenders. There should always be a Scottish core to the club which we don't have at all currently. We also don't use a classic number "10" - it doesnt work in Scotland.

Again it's not an exact science but it really is our DNA and it's been thrown out for something that our board (that did exist at one point) thinks is modern but its wishy washy euro pish mixed in with "tacticos" like Beale.

Our next manager needs to fit that DNA for me and of course have a bit of a modern twist on it. Who that is exactly or who fits close to that criteria? Fucks knows at this point but it's 100% not Clement despite the early promise.

21 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So how do we force them to pay up and get him to fuck would real reduced attendances work or front doors protest something will need to happen. They won't sack him unless there is real fan revolt. 

Stop turning up, protesting and stop buying merchandise until something is done. 

I still don't see anything changing though as from Bennett's statement earlier before he gave him a new contract they basically made out that no matter what happens this season Clement will be given time. 

Cunt needs sacked and all the board members need to sit down and fix this fucking mess. 

All i know is i ain't turning up to this shit during the winter months, think I'll go watch EK instead! 

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

The reality is we’re going to need to give someone time.

But really you need to see improvement month on month, a defined style of play, and sensible team selections and substitutions.

Have we had any of that?

No we've not seen any of that. We're also not seeing any improvement anything it's actually getting worse. 

I agree we will need to give a manager time. But that time also has to be earned. We need to see improvement in our play and results. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

We look worse, the stats are worse, the atmosphere is worse.

Take any avenue you want, it's worse now than it was under Beale.

It's all part of the same decline that begun during Beale's summer window. That was the catalyst for it all.

We can compare stats all we want, but Beale inherited the guts of a squad who made it to a European final and transformed it into a pile of shite.

Clement, as poor as his football has been, has had to content with that disaster of a window. 

Both have turned out to be poor appointments, but your biggest culprit for where we are now is and always will be Michael Beale.

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Stop turning up, protesting and stop buying merchandise until something is done. 

I still don't see anything changing though as from Bennett's statement earlier before he gave him a new contract they basically made out that no matter what happens this season Clement will be given time. 

Cunt needs sacked and all the board members need to sit down and fix this fucking mess. 

All the board members need to be punted out the door for good. 

Get King back to try sort this mess out.

Gilligan and Letham using 3rd parties to pick a Chairman and CEO from themselves with no accountability is a fucking disaster waiting to happen.

These cunts in the suit and club tie have destroyed this club.

28 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

There's alot of snobbery in our support in terms of McInnes and his style and ability to manage a successful Rangers. 

We have this issue with Scottish players aswell.

We seem to clamour for non Scottish managers and players, which has been wholly unsuccessful thus far.

Just so we are clear on this.

Scottish football is currently laughing their heads off at us, so it's time we parked the high and mighty nonsense and seriously look at what some Scottish players and a Scottish manager could bring to our club.

I don't think it's snobbery to be concerned about signing a manager with the record he has. I'm definitely not saying Clement is the answer but he had at least won things and managed at a much higher level.

The obvious issue is we are a mess right now at boardroom level, it's been the same for years. It seems every year we have a different CEO or chairman, they then fuck off before a chance to face any questions at an AGM. 

Would McInnes get us better results? Maybe but it probably be for a short while. We all wanted rid of Gio and got Beale.

There's no easy answers and it is fucking depressing

Just now, esquire8 said:

All the board members need to be punted out the door for good. 

Get King back to try sort this mess out.

Gilligan and Letham using 3rd parties to pick a Chairman and CEO from themselves with no accountability is a fucking disaster waiting to happen.

These cunts in the suit and club tie have destroyed this club.

King? He had us in and out of court more than anything else 

Just now, DeanMK said:

It's all part of the same decline that begun during Beale's summer window. That was the catalyst for it all.

We can compare stats all we want, but Beale inherited the guts of a squad who made it to a European final and transformed it into a pile of shite.

Clement, as poor as his football has been, has had to content with that disaster of a window. 

Both have turned out to be poor appointments, but your biggest culprit for where we are now is and always will be Michael Beale.

Biggest culprits are Park and Bennett. 

By a country mile.

Beale inherited a squad that was woeful in the league under Gio, who somehow turned it on in cup competitions. He added a huge dollop of shit onto that. All allowed by the board.

This is on them.

This is their legacy.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Biggest culprits are Park and Bennett. 

By a country mile.

Beale inherited a squad that was woeful in the league under Gio, who somehow turned it on in cup competitions. He added a huge dollop of shit onto that. All allowed by the board.

This is on them.

This is their legacy.

Agreed

1 minute ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

King? He had us in and out of court more than anything else 

Still had us more on the straight and narrow far more than his successors ever have. 

Alot of the court shit was him listening and taking James Blairs guidance. 

Only guy I would trust enough to try sort us out on the short term.

8 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

All i know is i ain't turning up to this shit during the winter months, think I'll go watch EK instead! 

I'll be honest, I was all for giving him time until the end of the season. I see it as a long term venture to get us back on an even keel and compete equally with celtic.

However, no amount of time is going to put the heart and fight back into the team. Once that spirit goes, which I saw today, then it's over. 

I don't think many have the patience of giving him time when even finishing second may be a struggle.

The issue is that there is not enough money to pay him off, tempt a new manager and promise them funds to spend.

Offering things like 12 month rolling contracts makes sense financially but would also chase many away.