Is Clement getting an easy ride?

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Who wants to buy our dross though? The players we need to sell are shit and have no interest in them unless we give them away for nothing.

Nah, you just need to do it. Doesn't matter if anyone wants them, he's to force clubs to buy Ben Davies.

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

Because it is the same individuals that have let us down time after time. It is the same players that fail to do the basics. It is the same players manager after manager after manager. You could bring in any manager you want, technically nobody will improve. 

As you say we are wheeling and dealing to get players in. It’s the equivalent of shopping in a car boot sale. He can’t add quality to the squad because it is already bloated with shite that nobody else wants and the resources aren’t there to go and spend money. I would imagine the club is bleeding cash again. Bennett told us as much when he said their is a financial hole operationally.

The bulk of the players are not cut out for this club. Yes ok it looks like nobody has improved under Clement but the majority have most definitely hit their ceiling in terms of ability and will only ever play at lesser clubs than Rangers. To say they haven’t improved implies they had potential to start with. I don’t potential in maybe 95% of the team. 

The club is an utter joke from top bottom. Any manager that comes in will operate in the same conditions. It’s not changing any time soon.

He has spent money though, an expensive loan in Silva and high fee's for Cortes/Diomande, aye of course we need much more in that squad but his current big signings have been piss poor overall.

A manager has to get the best out of what he's got, if anything Clement seems to be playing to their weaknesses rather than strengths...

We have slow CB's across the board...lets leave them isolated with no real protection, Barron is trying to do the job of 3 in midfield

Fullbacks...clearly Tav has lost most of his pace and Ridvan is the perfect fullback to catch in behind...we play both high up with no cover...

We play a #10 when right now we only have 1 in Lawrence who honestly can't run the length of himself

And we stick Dessers up top, a guy who can't trap a ball and needs 3/4 chances to get a goal.

The club is an utter joke right now, agree with that 100%. The Hampden shitshow just adds to the frustration that's going to boil over in the next few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If Cerny is coming on at HT, in a game where ET was a real possibility then surely Clement had him down for 50/60 minutes minimum, like at the weekend?

Sterling is a weird one, to me he looks fairly fit, I think its just a case of Clement not fancying him at RB over Tav and he doesn't fit into his midfield system with this forced #10.

"Sit in" was probably the wrong term, we just seemed to go further and further back as the half went on, we had 1 real chance first half and it was McCausland on the counter, we never took the game to them at all.

I thought the Cerny decision made sense tbh, especially if extra time was a possibility. Got an hour out of him at the weekend. 45 minutes with possibly another 30 in extra time, imo, made more sense than starting him for an hour before taking him off for a massive drop in quality. 

I agreed with above about Sterling, I thought he looked unfit when he came on. It is a weird one, because I actually think he's our best midfielder. I've no clue why that isn't his position under Clement.

We had the McCausland chance and the chance in the box where about 3 of them swiped and missed is too. Don't think they had anything in the first half on the other hand. I thought we were pretty decent in closing them down too. I didn't think we were great, but I felt we had a satisfying enough first half. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I thought the Cerny decision made sense tbh, especially if extra time was a possibility. Got an hour out of him at the weekend. 45 minutes with possibly another 30 in extra time, imo, made more sense than starting him for an hour before taking him off for a massive drop in quality. 

I agreed with above about Sterling, I thought he looked unfit when he came on. It is a weird one, because I actually think he's our best midfielder. I've no clue why that isn't his position under Clement.

We had the McCausland chance and the chance in the box where about 3 of them swiped and missed is too. Don't think they had anything in the first half on the other hand. I thought we were pretty decent in closing them down too. I didn't think we were great, but I felt we had a satisfying enough first half. 

Suppose its pointless now but aye can see both ways, you could just feel/see the deflation when Cerny was on the bench, it's just us all over.

Sterling is weird one 100%, he's the kinda guy who leaves us and makes 40/50 appearances in a row without question, we seem to have this strict minute management policy where we don't play players unless they're 100% fit...but they can't get 100% fit without playing matches and it just goes round in circles...

Forget the Lawrence/swiped chance to be fair, another what if moment I guess.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He has spent money though, an expensive loan in Silva and high fee's for Cortes/Diomande, aye of course we need much more in that squad but his current big signings have been piss poor overall.

A manager has to get the best out of what he's got, if anything Clement seems to be playing to their weaknesses rather than strengths...

We have slow CB's across the board...lets leave them isolated with no real protection, Barron is trying to do the job of 3 in midfield

Fullbacks...clearly Tav has lost most of his pace and Ridvan is the perfect fullback to catch in behind...we play both high up with no cover...

We play a #10 when right now we only have 1 in Lawrence who honestly can't run the length of himself

And we stick Dessers up top, a guy who can't trap a ball and needs 3/4 chances to get a goal.

The club is an utter joke right now, agree with that 100%. The Hampden shitshow just adds to the frustration that's going to boil over in the next few weeks.

Silva was brutal and Cortes looked to have been good until injuries (shock). Diomande does have potential I would say. Barron looks good and definitely going to be a huge player going forward.

There are so many problems and not enough answers. Tav declining I fully agree with but replace with who? Sterling not fit it seems.

Ridvan I agree but again what is the alternative. Agree on Lawrence and something has to change there, that’s an easier one to resolve for me. 

Dessers - again there isn’t much else on offer it seems. 

We all said in May this wouldn’t be resolved in one transfer window. It couldn’t possibly be, and it definitely won’t be.

There needs to be a clear direction from the top of the club. A 2 year plan to transform the club (?). You look at every area of the football club just now and it is utterly amateur. In fact there are amateur sides operating better than us at the moment. 

To me there is just no quick and ready fix here whatsoever, and I feel for Clement because clearly he was mis-sold to a degree. Btw, don’t get me wrong, I am not saying Clement is immune to criticism. I am just saying for me changing the manager won’t make a difference. The changes required are much bigger than that.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Things will go toxic very quickly if performances and results don't improve. 7 wins out of last 18 competitive matches is poor, very poor

Get as toxic as they want. He ain't going. Unless that new contract has a get out clause.

This clown isn’t going anywhere, so we either settle for mediocrity or carry-out some sort of boycott, as suggested in the board topic.

I hope I’m missing something, but from what I’ve read since getting home, there isn't a plausible explanation for our new centre-half being switched to an attacking role as we chased an equaliser while our £6M striker, uninjured as confirmed by the manager, remained on the bench.

They exploited that move instantly, doubling their lead. Our manager is clueless.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Get as toxic as they want. He ain't going. Unless that new contract has a get out clause.

It will become untenable.

What were your thoughts on the new 4 year contract?

My initial reaction was, wow, that's jumping the gun a bit and a bit rash.

Basing things on the end of last season 

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Thought it was a typical Bennett move. Don't think the manager is the issue even though most do. 

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

Silva was brutal and Cortes looked to have been good until injuries (shock). Diomande does have potential I would say. Barron looks good and definitely going to be a huge player going forward.

There are so many problems and not enough answers. Tav declining I fully agree with but replace with who? Sterling not fit it seems.

Ridvan I agree but again what is the alternative. Agree on Lawrence and something has to change there, that’s an easier one to resolve for me. 

Dessers - again there isn’t much else on offer it seems. 

We all said in May this wouldn’t be resolved in one transfer window. It couldn’t possibly be, and it definitely won’t be.

There needs to be a clear direction from the top of the club. A 2 year plan to transform the club (?). You look at every area of the football club just now and it is utterly amateur. In fact there are amateur sides operating better than us at the moment. 

To me there is just no quick and ready fix here whatsoever, and I feel for Clement because clearly he was mis-sold to a degree. Btw, don’t get me wrong, I am not saying Clement is immune to criticism. I am just saying for me changing the manager won’t make a difference. The changes required are much bigger than that.

Cortes loan with an obligation just shows how much we haven't learned, bonkers decision and proved right so early in the season. Barron is one we've somehow fell into and aye he looks good, feel for the boy tbh, he's been flung in and is showing more than more 'experienced' players around him but very impressed with his attitude, just shows how much a simple bit of grit will get the fans backing.

It was never going to be resolved in 1 window 100%, it just feels like we've somehow managed to go backwards from the mess we were in, people hated the term 'rebuild' all summer but were happy enough to accept it if it meant moving on from high paid journeymen and getting some new players in and trying something different...the Hearts lineup with 1 new player basically showed how bad our window has been!

Its at the point now where it honestly can't be worse to just start Barron/Igmane/Jefte/Nsiala & some of the higher rated youths like Fraser/McKinnon for the vast majority of the games this season, think we've all accepted we're going nowhere with the current 11, any loans aren't going to make a blind bit of difference at this point.

17 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I think it was done purely to appease Clement. He can’t be happy with how things are going and I think he’s told the board he wanted away and they’ve shat themselves and given him the new deal to sweeten him up.

At the end of the day, the new deal is irrelevant. If results carry on like this and fan’s vote with their feet the board will have no choice but to act.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think it was done purely to appease Clement. He can’t be happy with how things are going and I think he’s told the board he wanted away and they’ve given him the new deal to sweeten him up.

At the end of the day, the new deal is irrelevant. If results carry on like this and fan’s vote with their feet the board will have no choice but to act.

Tonight was the start of it and its happened a lot faster than expected, for it to be that empty for a game like that, I think that'll have shook the board a bit. Hampden has a part to play in it of course but still was surprising the number of empty seats.

St Johnstone in the cup @5.45pm, even at Ibrox, would've been a 25/30k game probably, half that now for Hampden based on the current sales with some of those just being bought seats.

I honestly think talk of sacking him is absolutely wild.

This summer has been coming for years due to horrendous mismanagement from the board. 

We have no sellable assets and are in a position we have to post losses (so far) just to try and get players in. That's completely on the board. 

They fucked it after 55.

They fucked it after Seville. 

They fucked it falling for the pickup lines from a mole faced scumbag.

And we were fucked going into this summer as a result before Clement had even took the job. 

No manager is coming in and winning the league with this squad. The chance to properly rebuild is long gone after 3 chances of neglecting it and this is the consequences. 

We're back to pre-Gerrard in terms of size of job needing done.

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I honestly think talk of sacking him is absolutely wild.

This summer has been coming for years due to horrendous mismanagement from the board. 

We have no sellable assets and are in a position we have to post losses (so far) just to try and get players in. That's completely on the board. 

They fucked it after 55.

They fucked it after Seville. 

They fucked it falling for the pickup lines from a mole faced scumbag.

And we were fucked going into this summer as a result before Clement had even took the job. 

No manager is coming in and winning the league with this squad. The chance to properly rebuild is long gone after 3 chances of neglecting it and this is the consequences. 

We're back to pre-Gerrard in terms of size of job needing done.

It's about since march mate not this summer