Is Clement getting an easy ride?

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not saying we'll finish 3rd, I'm saying it's entirely possible we'll end up closer to 3rd than to celtic.

Last season points tally was 

Scum 93, us 85, Hearts 68,..... sheep 48.

The sheep already have a 1/4 of last seasons points after 4 games with a decent new manager in place and Nisbet in for Miovski. They'll finish up or near Hearts tally of last season imo.

I'm not convinced we'll hit our points tally of last season, are you (?), and I think the scum will race to the 100 point mark again unless we take a chunk of points off them.

Us being closer to 3rd than 1st isn't far fetched it's entirely possible.

Aye, don't disagree with that tbh. Fair enough points. 

30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not this season so far it's not in the league.

Be amazed if we get close to our points tally of last season (85) or if the scum drop as many points as they did last season (21).

I wouldn't be surprised if the sheep get more points than Hearts did last season (68) finishing closer to us.

Can't really use last season as a barometer given the changes at us, them and the sheep in particular. I still think we'll finish second but we'll almost certainly move far closer to 3rd and away from celtic in points difference (8). We may well end up closer to 3rd than 1st, it's not a nonsense to suggest that could well happen.

2nd is no achievement for us or the scum, not sure who says it would be for us tbh.

I’m talking about quality mate, this we are in a battle for 3rd stuff is nonsense.

The sheep just scraped passed County with a saved penalty and a 98th minute winner. They caught Killie and St Mirren after Euro games too, when they’re up to speed after the League Cup. Acting like they’re going to be amazing after 4 soft games is wild.

12 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I’m talking about quality mate, this we are in a battle for 3rd stuff is nonsense.

The sheep just scraped passed County with a saved penalty and a 98th minute winner. They caught Killie and St Mirren after Euro games too, when they’re up to speed after the League Cup. Acting like they’re going to be amazing after 4 soft games is wild.

I'm not saying amazing ffs. I've said why I think they'll do well enough (as they are) to finish on a 3rd place points tally, and also that I think we'll not finish on as many points whilst the scum surge ahead.

I've not really seen anyone saying it's a battle for 2nd / 3rd place or that it's an achievement for us to finish 2nd. 

We don't yet really know what quality we'll all have over the course of the season, but on current evidence I'd think we'll be closer to 3rd in points than we are to the scum. Disagree if you want.

16 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Still need anyone who thinks he should get time to explain why they believe that?

The same goal conceded again yesterday that we've conceded time and time again under him. Watching us being overrun in the middle of the park time and time again wether it's Kiev or Dundee it doesn't matter every single team runs over us.

I don't think I've been this disillusioned so quickly with a manager ever. He's absolutely atrocious. Why he hasn't made us hard to break down is beyond me.

Rangers is about winning football by whatever means possible and most don't really give a fuck about a style. But when your turgid shite is serving up nothing then people will talk about style of play because if you can see we are trying something but maybe don't have the players to do it then you give it time. 

Think he's an absolute balloon 

It can only be argued in terms of cost of sacking and replacing him, no money for a new guy to spend, no viable targets as replacements, head in the sand.

There's no viable reasoning from a results, performance, development of players, style of play perspective.

I'm bored saying it, I get we need to think longer term rather than being quick to punt,  but we also need belief in the manager delivering at the end of the realistic timescale. I just don't see it with Clement, he'll maybe improve us over time but he'll never dominate the scum over a season especially if they have more finances and better players to trade.

Theres so much wrong its hard to know what to focus on first tbh , 

His after match stuff where hes talking about possession and average squad ages and bringing up the county game can get in the fucking bin 

The teams spacing and positioning is all over the place and so easily played through 

There appears to be zero room for flexibility or in game management 

His use of subs and choices are baffling at times 

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not saying amazing ffs. I've said why I think they'll do well enough (as they are) to finish on a 3rd place points tally, and also that I think we'll not finish on as many points whilst the scum surge ahead.

I've not really seen anyone saying it's a battle for 2nd / 3rd place or that it's an achievement for us to finish 2nd. 

We don't yet really know what quality we'll all have over the course of the season, but on current evidence I'd think we'll be closer to 3rd in points than we are to the scum. Disagree if you want.

I’ve seen quite a few going on about the battle for 2nd.

We certainly don’t know the quality of Aberdeen either, they’ve played the 4 best games you could have to start this season.

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Based on what he’s served up for us so far I’m seriously wondering how he managed to win three titles on the bounce in Belgium.

With two different teams as well. It's mental.

Really want to back the manager, but that was fucking awful yesterday. Biggest concern is that there's been a fair turnover of squad, but the same goals were conceded (1st one that was marginally off, and the 1st goal that stood) and the team get mentally shot to bits as soon as they concede. 

I'm not even sure if it's enough to change things, but he needs to drop Tavernier. It's just fucking sad now. He's physically and mentally spent.

No idea where we go from here. 

I don't think the players are as bad as we see. What worries me though is I don't see belief, desire and fight. Coupled with the fact they don't appear to work as a unit or have any idea what their tactical plan is. That is all on the manager for me.

They’ve had a strong start and although they will tail off and finish third, compare and contrast what Aberdeen have done this Summer in comparison to us.

They exploited a release clause to sign Mitov who was probably the best keeper in the league outside us and celtic last season.

Signed that Gavin Molloy who looks tailor made for Scottish Football and is being praised for the way he talks and organises already.

Signed Neilsen who the manager knew, to come in and be his eyes and ears and sit in the middle of the park, help them be more robust and allow the players around him to play.

Their manager has apparently said he wants them to have a defined style of play , but in the short term it’s about getting players to work hard and keep pushing for the whole 90 minutes.

A guy managing in fucking Sweden came here and instantly knew that if you make yourself solid then you have half a chance and the rest will take care of itself. Our manager, who’s been here for close to a year now, still hasn’t figured that out and we are conceding the same goal time and time again.

Throw in how good they have been at player trading in recent years (relative to there standing as a club) and maybe what we need to do is sack off this Jim Gillespie guy and go and get Alan Burrows to be our CEO, because he seems to know what he’s actually doing and we need some of that at our club just now.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

They’ve had a strong start and although they will tail off and finish third, compare and contrast what Aberdeen have done this Summer in comparison to us.

They exploited a release clause to sign Mitov who was probably the best keeper in the league outside us and celtic last season.

Signed that Gavin Molloy who looks tailor made for Scottish Football and is being praised for the way he talks and organises already.

Signed Neilsen who the manager knew, to come in and be his eyes and ears and sit in the middle of the park, help them be more robust and allow the players around him to play.

Their manager has apparently said he wants them to have a defined style of play , but in the short term it’s about getting players to work hard and keep pushing for the whole 90 minutes.

A guy managing in fucking Sweden came here and instantly knew that if you make yourself solid then you have half a chance and the rest will take care of itself. Our manager, who’s been here for close to a year now, still hasn’t figured that out and we are conceding the same goal time and time again.

Throw in how good they have been at player trading in recent years (relative to they’re standing as a club) and maybe what we need to do is sack of this Jim Gillespie guy and go and get Alan Burrows to be our CEO, because he seems to know what he’s actually doing and we need some of that at our club just now.

Mate they’ve played the 4 easiest games they could have. Let’s not get carried away the cunt could be sacked by February.

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Mate they’ve played the 4 easiest games they could have. Let’s not get carried away the cunt could be sacked by February.

Could easily be, but at least he seems to have an idea of what he’s actually trying to do. Can any of us say that Clement does? 

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Still need anyone who thinks he should get time to explain why they believe that?

The same goal conceded again yesterday that we've conceded time and time again under him. Watching us being overrun in the middle of the park time and time again wether it's Kiev or Dundee it doesn't matter every single team runs over us.

I don't think I've been this disillusioned so quickly with a manager ever. He's absolutely atrocious. Why he hasn't made us hard to break down is beyond me.

Rangers is about winning football by whatever means possible and most don't really give a fuck about a style. But when your turgid shite is serving up nothing then people will talk about style of play because if you can see we are trying something but maybe don't have the players to do it then you give it time. 

At this point there's very little to argue keeping him on. The form since April has been horrendous and we still don't have a clue what system/approach he's trying to implement. 

However our problems run deeper than just a manager. The clowns up top that keep going between bad decisions have to be targeted. 

Clement gone would be a short term fix only if the bigger issues aren't taking care of in the boardroom. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

But Ross County though.

Yeah couldn't belive that was his excuse after the game. 

I do think he's done for here and we'll be looking for another manager. 

But if it's the same board we'll just be back here again. Seen this same story with gio, beale and now Clement. The board are the common problem and they need to be addressed.

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

I keep seeing people say we can’t keep sacking managers every year. In theory yes but if the manager is a fucking dud you can’t just leave him in place because we don’t want to be seen sacking another manager. 

There’s shed loads wrong with this club but the right manager fixes so much. We will win the majority of our domestic games with Clement because we have better players than most but fall short against them. So imagine putting in place a manager who will win his domestic games, play a better style of football and have tactical set up to compete with them in one of games. 

3 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

I keep seeing people say we can’t keep sacking managers every year. In theory yes but if the manager is a fucking dud you can’t just leave him in place because we don’t want to be seen sacking another manager. 

There’s shed loads wrong with this club but the right manager fixes so much. We will win the majority of our domestic games with Clement because we have better players than most but fall short against them. So imagine putting in place a manager who will win his domestic games, play a better style of football and have tactical set up to compete with them in one of games. 

I get the argument and yes a better manager can fix a number of issues. 

The problem is we're reliant on this board finding the manager.

They have fucked it several times now and nothing they have done suggests they'll find the right one next time. 

Why those in charge have to go. We need competent individuals running the club .

im starting to see him as a Le Guen type, got lucky in his previous jobs that he had the right combination of players at the right time, Le Guen had the same at Lyon and we all thought he was the second coming but was brutally found out and has never done anything in the game since.

Just now, nik2402 said:

We can’t keep sacking managers when we do and expecting whoever comes in to turn around what will inevitably be a shit show when there are so many fundamental problems at the club.

It happened to Caixinha, it happened Gio, it happened to Beale and it’s happened to Clement too.

If we bin him off - and although I don’t think he sees the season out, that’s not going to happen any time soon - we need to put a caretaker in place so that any new manager coming in isn’t facing the battle to overturn a season that’s already been ruined by their previous incumbent and of bleeding over into the following season.

It’s no coincidence at all that Gerrard was the only one who said they would take it, but only at the end of the season. He knew the importance of having that clean slate and not being tainted by association with whatever shitshow was unfolding in front of us. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Based on what he’s served up for us so far I’m seriously wondering how he managed to win three titles on the bounce in Belgium.

From what we’ve seen of Belgian domestic teams over recent seasons, Belgian football looks pretty ropey.

They may have had a golden generation internationally, but most of those play in other countries.