Is Clement getting an easy ride?

4 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

im starting to see him as a Le Guen type, got lucky in his previous jobs that he had the right combination of players at the right time, Le Guen had the same at Lyon and we all thought he was the second coming but was brutally found out and has never done anything in the game since.

You would have a point if he hadn’t won the league in Belgium with two different clubs.

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Could easily be, but at least he seems to have an idea of what he’s actually trying to do. Can any of us say that Clement does? 

They got good money for Miovski and brought in Nisbet on loan. A player who knows the league and will get goals for them in the short term, so as to not be as heavily impacted with the loss of Miovskis goals and assists.

Very competent business.

2 hours ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Still need anyone who thinks he should get time to explain why they believe that?

The same goal conceded again yesterday that we've conceded time and time again under him. Watching us being overrun in the middle of the park time and time again wether it's Kiev or Dundee it doesn't matter every single team runs over us.

I don't think I've been this disillusioned so quickly with a manager ever. He's absolutely atrocious. Why he hasn't made us hard to break down is beyond me.

Rangers is about winning football by whatever means possible and most don't really give a fuck about a style. But when your turgid shite is serving up nothing then people will talk about style of play because if you can see we are trying something but maybe don't have the players to do it then you give it time. 

Think he's an absolute balloon 

Pretty much where I am mate. He’s done nothing in 6months to suggest he turns this around, we’ve all seen the movie before. I do get we can’t keep sacking managers by October but you need progress and to win games plus when you quote stats of shots at goal, you’re finished. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

im starting to see him as a Le Guen type, got lucky in his previous jobs that he had the right combination of players at the right time, Le Guen had the same at Lyon and we all thought he was the second coming but was brutally found out and has never done anything in the game since.

He won the league with Genk in his second season, which was 1 of only 4 in their history. They were 8th in the season before he arrived and 7th in the season after he left. He then won it 2 years in a row with Brugge. I don't think that's luck.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

You would have a point if he hadn’t won the league in Belgium with two different clubs.

that means nothing tbh, plenty managers have won leagues in their own country and then couldnt hack it when they left to manage other teams in different countries, he basically failed in his first job outside Belgium. what we are seeing from his style of football tells me hes one of those guys whos just suited to a certain type and style of domestic football, hes not alone though like Le Guen he couldnt hack it outside of France or even in France after he left Lyon.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They got good money for Miovski and brought in Nisbet on loan. A player who knows the league and will get goals for them in the short term, so as to not be as heavily impacted with the loss of Miovskis goals and assists.

Very competent business.

I was being slightly flippant with the Alan Burrows comment, but from the outside looking in he appears to be a very competent CEO. Did well at Motherwell and on the surface he seems to be leading Aberdeen out of what was a dodgy spell for them. He looks to be a CEO on an upwards trajectory, and that’s what we need. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I was being slightly flippant with the Alan Burrows comment, but from the outside looking in he appears to be a very competent CEO. Did well at Motherwell and on the surface he seems to be leading Aberdeen out of what was a dodgy spell for them. He looks to be a CEO on an upwards trajectory, and that’s what we need. 

I don't know enough about him or any CEO for that matter.  But his decision making there seems logical, competent and will likely stand them in good stead for the level they're at. We're without a CEO and miles from such competency. I don't know of another basket case like us tbh.

2 hours ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Still need anyone who thinks he should get time to explain why they believe that?

We currently have no director of football, no head of youth, no CEO. No discernible football structure at all. Our main technical person on the football side is in training wheels at a club this size. So is our head scout.

You can sack Clement but it would likely involve another director loan to pay him off. We'd have someone like Steven Davis or Alex Rae until the end of the season, if we were sensible. If we were daft we'd appoint another manager and we'll be here again in a years time like we have the previous 3 seasons. It would also mean £5 or so million we wouldn't be able to spend in January. 

If we sack him the entire club is completely rudderless. I think in a vacuum that big it's pretty much guaranteed to end up with us struggling to finish second.

It's better for us to keep him in post until the football department is fixed and have competent people in post that can actually support a manager. If the results are still terrible once that has happened then sack him.

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I think he needs raw cash for better players.15 million to get another 2 top quality players .

The board have burned the Bassey,Europa,Paterson money most probably indirectly into their pockets.

Without better players I think the gaffer is heading for a trapdoor

It’s looking like he shouldn’t be getting another penny.

The fenians looked exponentially better coached than we do, it’s not solely down to having better players though that’s obviously a factor too.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We currently have no director of football, no head of youth, no CEO. No discernible football structure at all. Our main technical person on the football side is in training wheels at a club this size. So is our head scout.

You can sack Clement but it would likely involve another director loan to pay him off. We'd have someone like Steven Davis or Alex Rae until the end of the season, if we were sensible. If we were daft we'd appoint another manager and we'll be here again in a years time like we have the previous 3 seasons. It would also mean £5 or so million we wouldn't be able to spend in January. 

If we sack him the entire club is completely rudderless. I think in a vacuum that big it's pretty much guaranteed to end up with us struggling to finish second.

It's better for us to keep him in post until the football department is fixed and have competent people in post that can actually support a manager. If the results are still terrible once that has happened then sack him.

Is Clement in the position he’s in now because we brought him in during a season rather than waiting until the end of it?

Not at all for me.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If we sack him the entire club is completely rudderless. I think in a vacuum that big it's much guaranteed to end up with us struggling to finish second.

We already are, he can't set a team  up and his selections change week to week. Our style of play is non existent and his interview are now on Pedro levels.

Let's not kid ourselves he's good for the club because he absolutely isn't. He a part of the problem with the biggest being the board. Both need chased

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Is Clement in the position he’s in now because we brought him in during a season rather than waiting until the end of it?

Not at all for me.

No he's not because the reality is, we had written off last season when he came in so he basically had a free ride to assess what was needed, where we needed to go, how to achieve that. It wasnt to be beating Ross fucking County and claiming it as our greatest result.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not at all for me.

A clean slate from the beginning of a season with players and fans is an easier task than coming in half way through a season.

I don't think that is particularly controversial. 

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We already are, he can't set a team  up and his selections change week to week. Our style of play is non existent and his interview are now on Pedro levels.

Let's not kid ourselves he's good for the club because he absolutely isn't. He a part of the problem with the biggest being the board. Both need chased

His decisions are baffling

Someone needs to ask him about his set up when out of possession.

Lawrence and now Diomande have played the 10 position.

When they had the ball yesterday Dessers and Diomande were facing up their two centre halves and Mcgregor is standing in space behind them. What are we trying to do?

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Someone needs to ask him about his set uo when out of possession.

Lawrence and now Diomande have played the 10 position.

When they had the ball yesterday Dessers and Diomande were facing up their two centre halves and Mcgregor is standing in space behind them. What are we trying to do?

It looked like we were going man for man press on their back line, which was fine until they played one ball through the press to McGregor and seconds later the ball was in the net.