Is Clement getting an easy ride?

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I think bad attitude in training, too much bevying, too lazy in the press for Clement seems to be the chat. 

Lots going on then - maybe not easily resolved!

With regard to the lazy press point (I know you’re just passing this on), Lowry must be God awful, if he’s deemed worse than the golden child, Lawrence😂

We don’t know the ins-and-outs of the situation, but I get the impression Clement’s man management skills leave a lot to be desired.

Cantwell and Hagi may want out, but we’re now four weeks on from our first pre-season fixture and neither appear any closer to the exit. Involve them; we’re a shambles and they might still be here, come September.

Lowry, too. He won’t be the first professional footballer with attitude issues. Manage them and involve him. He clearly has something.

I’m sure most people have by now heard Ryan Jack’s comments about Morelos before the League Cup final in 2019. He arrived an hour late for training the day before the final, then missed five sitters and a penalty as the Tarriers won it. Gerrard, according to Jack and understandably, was furious, but with the bigger picture in mind, Morelos retained a place in the squad and delivered 29 goals that season.

Lee McCulloch, during the pre-season he joined us, said he was sabotaging Wigan’s training sessions. He even put small weights in his pockets when being weighed, just to engineer a move. Paul Jewell still kept him in the first team because the bigger picture was that he might still be a Wigan player come the closure of the transfer window and he could add value.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

I think he is playing the simplest style of football he can; as you say hoofball, but our players are that bad they can't even do that. Some of it is PC and some of it is the shite players we have, who can't pass or read a pass.

And that was the case pre-Clement as well.

Folk are delusional if they think a manager is coming in and getting this team to the league with a dazzling style of play along the way. 

Reality is we sack Clement before Christmas, get a new guy in, hope he hits the ground running and if he doesn't he'll more than likely be looking at the sack. If he does, well he's got a summer to get rid of the losers, he won't be able to, we start the following season shite and the new guy gets sacked. 

Rinse and repeat.

5 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

We don’t know the ins-and-outs of the situation, but I get the impression Clement’s man management skills leave a lot to be desired.

Cantwell and Hagi may want out, but we’re now four weeks on from our first pre-season fixture and neither appear any closer to the exit. Involve them; we’re a shambles and they might still be here, come September.

Lowry, too. He won’t be the first professional footballer with attitude issues. Manage them and involve him. He clearly has something.

I’m sure most people have by now heard Ryan Jack’s comments about Morelos before the League Cup final in 2019. He arrived an hour late for training the day before the final, then missed five sitters and a penalty as the Tarriers won it. Gerrard, according to Jack and understandably, was furious, but with the bigger picture in mind, Morelos retained a place in the squad and delivered 29 goals that season.

Lee McCulloch, during the pre-season he joined us, said he was sabotaging Wigan’s training sessions. He even put small weights in his pockets when being weighed, just to engineer a move. Paul Jewell still kept him in the first team because the bigger picture was that he might still be a Wigan player come the closure of the transfer window and he could add value.

Aye, allow players to treat Rangers like a door mat. Very good.

And what bigger picture was there with Morelos? We lost the final, Morelos went on to take the piss that season, and we got pumped out the cup by Hearts when he finally dropped him. We won nothing.

4 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Called Clements football similar to what Derek McInnes would serve up if he was manager during the Birmingham game and @esquire8 commented “behave”

Wondering what your thoughts are now 4 games in?

Still have far more faith in Clement than I would if McInnes was in charge.

Is it the best right now? No. Could it get much better by sticking by him? Yes.

14 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

He scored 26 before the League Cup final, 3 goals in 12 games after his League Cup final disaster class before Covid shut down the season in March.

In between that, he was dropped by Gerrard for Tynecastle away due to being a wanker again. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Still have far more faith in Clement than I would if McInnes was in charge.

Is it the best right now? No. Could it get much better by sticking by him? Yes.

Based on what?

To be clear I don’t want McInnes as Rangers manager. I’m using him to point out how bad Clement is. If McInnes  was in charge we’d play long ball football the same way Clement does  but I can guarantee you we’d be far more solid at the back. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye, allow players to treat Rangers like a door mat. Very good.

And what bigger picture was there with Morelos? We lost the final, Morelos went on to take the piss that season, and we got pumped out the cup by Hearts when he finally dropped him. We won nothing.

I’m not sure I’d accuse two players who have asked to leave and one who is rumoured to have attitude issues of treating us like a doormat. That’s quite dramatic.

What was the bigger picture with Morelos? I literally wrote it immediately after the words ”bigger picture”. He scored 29 goals for Gerrard that same season and subsequently played a large role in the season we won 55, including 17 goals.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He scored 26 before the League Cup final, 3 goals in 12 games after his League Cup final disaster class before Covid shut down the season in March.

In between that, he was dropped by Gerrard for Tynecastle away due to being a wanker again. 

What is your point? Genuine question; I’m not trying to be confrontational.

I don’t dispute anything you’ve said, but don’t quite understand why you’ve said it to me.

To reiterate, my belief is that accommodations are made by football managers for players who are able to provide an input, including those with disciplinary issues. Gerrard made accommodations for Morelos, for example.

I’m not far off being resigned to McInnes and I must be one of the most against wanting a McIness type approach in our entire support.

If we see the same tactical mistakes made in the celtic game he has to be done.

No ‘if he had his own players’ or any one of the other umpteen excuses made for him.

Note that’s not saying he must not lose it, it just can’t be with the same pish approach taken before.

28 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Called Clements football similar to what Derek McInnes would serve up if he was manager during the Birmingham game and @esquire8 commented “behave”

Wondering what your thoughts are now 4 games in?

Derek McInnes’ side would be far more organised defensively than what we are under Clement.

I’m not convinced that Clement is the answer, but we have so many other issues that are fucking the club, that it’s almost not a priority to address the managerial situation at the moment.

I know that sounds like a mental thing to say because we are a football club, but we aren’t winning the league under any manager we could attract this season regardless of who comes in and we aren’t going to finish third either so we are just stuck in this sort of footballing purgatory at the moment until things improve at multiple levels.

12 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

What is your point? Genuine question; I’m not trying to be confrontational.

I don’t dispute anything you’ve said, but don’t quite understand why you’ve said it to me.

To reiterate, my belief is that accommodations are made by football managers for players who are able to provide an input, including those with disciplinary issues. Gerrard made accommodations for Morelos, for example.

Point is that you were talking rubbish about Morelos. 

There was no bigger picture and he should've been sold.

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Point is that you were talking rubbish about Morelos. 

There was no bigger picture and he should've been sold.

How are you supposed to engage with this level of idiocy?:lol:

I don’t even know where to begin because what you’ve said makes zero sense.

Morelos’ actions before and during the 2019 League Cup final merited severe repercussions, but Gerrard retained Morelos in the fold due to his input; both existing (29 goals that season) and pending (a large role played in our 55 season).

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m not convinced that Clement is the answer, but we have so many other issues that are fucking the club, that it’s almost not a priority to address the managerial situation at the moment.

I know that sounds like a mental thing to say because we are a football club, but we aren’t winning the league under any manager we could attract this season regardless of who comes in and we aren’t going to finish third either so we are just stuck in this sort of footballing purgatory at the moment until things improve at multiple levels.

And that’s why there is no chance of him getting sacked.

He’s the lightning rod for the incompetents above.

Credibility wise though, in two weeks time he’ll be done.

He'll play the same formation and tactics against the filth as he has done the entire time he's been here. 

We'll be awful to watch, concede loads opportunities to be scored against and create 1 or 2 opportunities ourselves. Well likely gift them a piss easy goal and Dessers will fuck up our best chance. 

If we're lucky we might come away with a 2-1 defeat and if we're unlucky it could be 5 or 6 nil. 

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The right time to have appointed McInnes was after Gio or after Beale.

I'm not convinced it's the right time now. 

I doubt he’d be either in fairness. 

Just now, Lovenkraaands said:

How are you supposed to engage with this level of idiocy?:lol:

I don’t even know where to begin because what you’ve said makes zero sense.

Morelos’ actions before and during the 2019 League Cup final merited severe repercussions, but Gerrard retained Morelos in the fold due to his input; both existing (29 goals that season) and pending (a large role played in our 55 season).

What was the idiotic part of my reply? 

He should've punted him that January and definetely should'vepunted him for 16 million the following summer.

In a month he'd managed to miss chance after chance in 2 games against the scum, miss a penalty and then get himself sent off for diving. Then 2 months later he was dropped for Tynecastle away for being a prick again. 

His 'massive role' in 55 is massively over-exaggerated as well. 11 goals he scored for the 55 season, in fact he only scored in 9 league games. 

We should've punted him for the 16 million. We didn't and he walked away for fuck all after wasting our time for 3 years.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Wish Lowry would get his head on straight - imagine having a youth player, Rangers fan, who’s capable of doing this and he’s rotting in the B team while Tom Lawrence walks about for 90 mins.

Lowry, Hagi and Cantwell would all offer more than Lawrence. There's clearly issues surrounding all 3, but PC has also effectively antagonised / written off our no10s prefering whatever the fuck Lawrence is meant to be.

At least one if not all the 3 would get better returns if they were given the extended opportunity Lawrence is. Instead all 3 will likely be the next ones to leave for fuck whilst we invest in Lawrence wholl go for fuck all when his contract expires in May (no issues him being off the books but Clement made enough noise about losing assets ooc when Borna, JL, Jack etc all left in the summer).

14 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Derek McInnes’ side would be far more organised defensively than what we are under Clement.

I think we would be a low block, route 1 team and we would be 2nd in the league, the tims would pull us apart and we would be exposed in Europe. More or less where we are now without the low block. We need better quality players and that means we need money. The board have fucked the money situation. No manager can fix this starved of cash and trying to get rid of all the 4 out of 10 players we have because it is going to cost us to get rid of them.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

What was the idiotic part of my reply? 

He should've punted him that January and definetely should'vepunted him for 16 million the following summer.

In a month he'd managed to miss chance after chance in 2 games against the scum, miss a penalty and then get himself sent off for diving. Then 2 months later he was dropped for Tynecastle away for being a prick again. 

His 'massive role' in 55 is massively over-exaggerated as well. 11 goals he scored for the 55 season, in fact he only scored in 9 league games. 

We should've punted him for the 16 million. We didn't and he walked away for fuck all after wasting our time for 3 years.

What on earth does any of that have to do my post which you quoted?

We should have sold him for, yes, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my post within which I stated that Morelos was out of order, but Gerrard accommodated him.

Are you just looking for someone to rant at?

Just now, Lovenkraaands said:

What on earth does any of that have to do my post which you quoted?

We should have sold him for, yes, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my post within which I stated that Morelos was out of order, but Gerrard accommodated him.

Are you just looking for someone to rant at?

I wasn't ranting. 

You were clearly misinformed regarding Morelos, hence why I quoted you about the Morelos part. 

Do you always get this defensive when you're wrong?