Clement Signs New Contract

3 minutes ago, Madina said:

Suprising. It's not exactly like he set the heather alight and won us the quadruple. Can only hope if things go tits up that he walks away rather than us being lumbered with paying his wage for years. 

The extension gives him even more incentive not to walk, should the scenario arise. It’s an additional twelve months that will be reflected in any redundancy pay he’s owed.

I reiterate; a bizarre move, but unsurprising.

To me it’s in optics thing as well, others have stated about stability. But Bennet made reference to the revolving door we have had with managers and the need to stop.
There we go a statement has been made by both the manager and club.

we were never going to be able to buy our way out of the current hole.

55 was the time to invest wisely and push on, but another false dawn.

Rather than let it fester everybody knows this season is going to be tough, it will be time for the Gaffer to show us something of the direction we are going.

take it the interview in the DR is a transcript from RTV?

1 minute ago, cascadeshrimp said:

It's also possible that he was approached by another club/country and this is our way of protecting our asset

Managers move clubs for millions of pounds these days

Now if he goes, we'll get a good amount of compo

Might of been hype, during the Euros, wasn’t there hype around him potentially being the next Belgian Boss?

1 minute ago, cascadeshrimp said:

It's also possible that he was approached by another club/country and this is our way of protecting our asset

Managers move clubs for millions of pounds these days

Now if he goes, we'll get a good amount of compo

He had three years remaining on his deal. We were protected.

Of all the issues we’re facing right now, adding a fourth year on to an underwhelming managers three year deal is/was not high up in the list of priorities.

5 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

He had three years remaining on his deal. We were protected.

Of all the issues we’re facing right now, adding a fourth year on to an underwhelming managers three year deal is/was not high up in the list of priorities.

Well now we're more protected

Hardly a bad thing

I think it makes sense.

We've tried the revolving door of short term managers and it hasn't worked. 

We're now focused on putting together a younger team and building for the future, so it makes sense we make clear to the team, manager and fans that this is a longer term project and a proper rebuild. I know people will say 'but he already had 3 years left', but if we have a poor first 3 months of the season the rumours of him being sacked would be huge. This basically avoids the possibility of that happening. It also makes clear to the players that the manager is the one with the power and he's going nowhere, so if they don't put the effort in they're the ones that will be gone, not him.

59 minutes ago, Madina said:

Suprising. It's not exactly like he set the heather alight and won us the quadruple. Can only hope if things go tits up that he walks away rather than us being lumbered with paying his wage for years. 

Why would he, or any other manager do that? 

I’m ok with this. I think Clement is a winner and I’m happy for him to be given  time. Hopefully he can also get a few players in which fit in to however he wants us to play rather than trying to make the best of the pish he was left with by Beale. 

52 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think it makes sense.

We've tried the revolving door of short term managers and it hasn't worked. 

We're now focused on putting together a younger team and building for the future, so it makes sense we make clear to the team, manager and fans that this is a longer term project and a proper rebuild. I know people will say 'but he already had 3 years left', but if we have a poor first 3 months of the season the rumours of him being sacked would be huge. This basically avoids the possibility of that happening. It also makes clear to the players that the manager is the one with the power and he's going nowhere, so if they don't put the effort in they're the ones that will be gone, not him.

It makes not an iota of difference.

If the shit hits the fan and the crowd turns on the board they will throw him under the bus to save their skins.

This is no more than a PR exercise.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It makes not an iota of difference.

If the shit hits the fan and the crowd turns on the board they will throw gim under the bus to save their skins.

This is no more than a PR exercise.

That kills their own credibility even more though and also future managers will take note of that.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

That kills their own credibility even more though and also future managers will take note of that.

You think they care?

They are a complete shambles.

Not fit to run a bowling club.