Do we have many, any? I just don't see it.

Capable of delivering themselves, setting the example, demanding more of others, driving us to 3 points, takers of responsibility, bossing it? There's none.

Butland barely commands his 6 yard box let alone his defenders. Goldson was the dominant CH and all others are +1s imo, Barron has a steelyness in his play but is quiet he's not a leader yet, Dessers causes no fear for defenders the way a Morelos did. Let's not even bother with our captain who looks completely disinterested. None of the rest are close to leaders of men.

Imo we need leaders as much as proper quality players.

Can only hope Propper shows the right quality, he was captain at Twente so he may have it. But we need at least a team spine of captains and if we don't get it we'll continue to be unsuccessful.

Nope. No leaders from top to bottom. Holmes, even Murray to a certain point in time, Walter, Souness, Ferguson, Gough, Weir, Gerrard were all leaders at different points in our recentish history. When there's more of them together it's not a coincidence we had more success

Think this is a little overrated.

We primarily need good players, coached well to be a better team than the sum of their parts.

Yes a couple of leaders but it’s far down the list compared to quality on the park.

Souttar is a leader but it’s no use if he’s a shite player.

I also don’t see many leaders in the other lot, 2 or 3 maybe max.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

I'm hopeful Propper lives up to his billing and we can get some experience at CM, really do need it in those positions.

I've wanted a CB and midfield general for a few years now. We really needed to replace Helander when he got injured and didn't and now we still could do with another decent CB in as all we have done now is replace Goldson.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Think this is a little overrated.

We primarily need good players, coached well to be a better team than the sum of their parts.

Yes a couple of leaders but it’s far down the list compared to quality on the park.

Souttar is a leader but it’s no use if he’s a shite player.

I also don’t see many leaders in the other lot, 2 or 3 maybe max.

Think it's more players who know how to handle the pressures, how to see out close games and when to calm things down.

We are massively missing a Steven Davis type player in the midfield and I wouldn't have said he was some guy roaring at the players.

Getting to the stage that those about the place are so far removed of what Rangers are about it’s difficult to see leaders emerging from whats there on and off the park. In fact it’s depressing. 

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Think it's more players who know how to handle the pressures, how to see out close games and when to calm things down.

We are massively missing a Steven Davis type player in the midfield and I wouldn't have said he was some guy roaring at the players.

"Capable of delivering themselves, setting the example, demanding more of others, driving us to 3 points, takers of responsibility, bossing it? "

Davis fits my criteria of a leader. Its more than someone who shouts at others. Though we don't really have that either.

5 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Getting to the stage that those about the place are so far removed of what Rangers are about it’s difficult to see leaders emerging from whats there on and off the park. In fact it’s depressing. 

What is it that we’re about that better players couldn’t fix

12 minutes ago, Albeartzzz said:

It's far too early to re-write history saying Goldson was dominant. Give it another 6 months before that patter.

Goldson played almost every game. He was vice captain and included in previous managers group of players issues would be discussed with. He had multiple CH pairings, no one replaced him at right CH.

Can question his ability but not his profile as the main CH whilst here.

16 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Certainly better players would help but if you need to ask that then honestly I can’t help you.🤷🏼‍♂️

My point is that if we had better players we would win things restoring our club to a winning state. 
it’s really as simple as that. 
or is there something else that  “we are about”?

Another way of looking at it. Who did we believe could or would take yesterday game by the scruff of the neck and turn 1 point into 3? Noone.

And better players will certainly help but they will need to learn to beat Cektic who are better than us, have a stronger spine, and players who possess leadership qualities and a will to win however it's achieved. Skill and talent won't be enough, the mentality of leaders will be needed too 

I agree. I think it's what we need most someone in the middle of the park and at CB that can bring the best out of people. You notice it with them when MacGregor was out, and Brown before him. Good players can become less effective when leqde4s aren't there.

Although I think every player that comes in should have the quality of being driven and self confident.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My point is that if we had better players we would win things restoring our club to a winning state. 
it’s really as simple as that. 
or is there something else that  “we are about”?

Stevie Wonder could make the point that if we had better players we could maybe restore winning ways but without leaders of strength it’s difficult. Again if needed explained seriously then I can’t help you. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Even If Pröpper is a leader it will mean fuck all with this shite squad. Dessers, Wright, Davies, Matondo etc suddenly won't turn into fantastic footballers.

The problem is our terrible scouting of players. Get good players in then you win more games, simple. Leaders do help if you need to grind out a win at certain points in a game. Only problem is I don't think these players seem capable of going on a winning run over a long period.

40 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Stevie Wonder could make the point that if we had better players we could maybe restore winning ways but without leaders of strength it’s difficult. Again if needed explained seriously then I can’t help you. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Because you can’t coherently say what “our club is about “ isn’t my fault.