The actions of the support

How can we enact change?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How can we enact change?

• Positive action? (Getting more behind the team/manager/ board)
    • Protests/boycotts
    • A mix of both

A genuine question: It seems more of the support is starting to have enough of the status quo. Just a general consensus. The division I get is too much, with some just having a differing way of thinking, but it's clear if something isn't done, we could be onto an even longer barren spell than ever before

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

More behind the team/manager but also applying pressure to the board.

Totally get that, but at the same time the support for the team is there and they fail to deliver even basic things at times. They need to shoulder responsibility as does everyone else

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

Totally get that, but at the same time the support for the team is there and they fail to deliver even basic things at times. They need to shoulder responsibility as does everyone else

Aye maybe, but getting on their back isn’t going to do anything good either.

If we get turned over by kiev, league form doesnt improve and a heavy defeat at their midden then the pressure will be Clement and this board. 

Can't see how we get out of this rut we are in however. Sack the manager but we have no money to start again with another. Only hope is we get lucky with signings on the cheap to improve results.

1 minute ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

The league was basically over yesterday, come three weeks we will be a minimum 5 behind.

If the taigs score early they will take 5 or 6 off of us, it'll be an absolute bloodbath 

I think barring the most optimistic head in the sand fans, most knew it was over before a ball was even kicked. How can that be allowed to have happened? The negligence is absurd. We've had the last 2 seasons starting saying, when it  gets right it'll be fine, for it to gradually get worse and worse

Just now, RossS1873 said:

I think barring the most optimistic head in the sand fans, most knew it was over before a ball was even kicked. How can that be allowed to have happened? The negligence is absurd. We've had the last 2 seasons starting saying, when it  gets right it'll be fine, for it to gradually get worse and worse

Honestly, out of my mates I'm always one of the last ones to turn, I always want to give benefits of the doubt and try for a positive but I see none. 

I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be positive about nor when these guys who will be signed to take us forward despite already having 8 or 9 signed.

Genuinely so deflated 

Don't know about anyone else but I have excepted before a ball was kicked that this season will be another wasted season this Rangers team won't win any trophies probably lose all 4 OF games and probably suffer a heavy defeat or two in those fixtures. There is nothing positive about the club nothing to look forward to over the next few seasons, every season the season tickets increase by at least 5% they are taking more and more money off the support and giving us a worse and worse product on and off the park, sorry that this is a negative post but its an honest one. Its not just about this summer its been a build up over the last decade one or two moments apart we have been abysmal in the main, playing 2nd fiddle to the tarriers and watching them win treble after treble is grinding us down, how much longer have we to take it ?

Honestly the only positive about the club is the sheer loyalty of the fans if it weren't for us this club would have folded a decade ago we deserve so much more we pay through the nose we have put hundreds of millions into the club over the years we deserve and should be demanding better, we really should be in a much stronger position than we are at this stage the total mismangement of our club since David Murray sold us down the river is criminal, I will never stop supporting the club but it really is getting tedious and harder to take every season.....something positive needs to happen soon but sadly I don't see it anytime in the near future. 

We can’t do anything in truth.

Even if we protested the board there’s no cunt coming in to buy a Scottish football club when there’s no real money to be made from it. Unless you’re a supporter of one of the sides there’s very little appealing about Scottish football 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

We can’t do anything in truth.

Even if we protested the board there’s no cunt coming in to buy a Scottish football club when there’s no real money to be made from it. Unless you’re a supporter of one of the sides there’s very little appealing about Scottish football 

The thing as well, is it's not been run to be attractive to investment. If we were playing regular CL, had won the league even another once and had that pot, it shows the club, if run can make money. But we talk too much about player trading without being able to do it. Spunking money on guys who lets be honest, wont make us as much as we think. Do we really think after 18  months of him being here, we would double or triple the money on Diomande? No. Cortes is another one, hes injured again. We had to start smaller instead we got too big and held out for too much out of arrogance. We could have gotten 15 for Morelos but wanted 20, 10 or 12 for Kent but wanted 15. That's still big returns. Why not sign guys for 1 or 2 million and if you can sell for 4 or 5 that a start? But everyone who seems to walk through is cursed with injuries or just not having the heart to succeed

The anger must be directed at the board. Giving a manager a contract extension when he has won 6/16 is scandalous. These guys may be successful businessmen, but they are not football men and are the root of all the problems.

4 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

The thing as well, is it's not been run to be attractive to investment. If we were playing regular CL, had won the league even another once and had that pot, it shows the club, if run can make money. But we talk too much about player trading without being able to do it. Spunking money on guys who lets be honest, wont make us as much as we think. Do we really think after 18  months of him being here, we would double or triple the money on Diomande? No. Cortes is another one, hes injured again. We had to start smaller instead we got too big and held out for too much out of arrogance. We could have gotten 15 for Morelos but wanted 20, 10 or 12 for Kent but wanted 15. That's still big returns. Why not sign guys for 1 or 2 million and if you can sell for 4 or 5 that a start? But everyone who seems to walk through is cursed with injuries or just not having the heart to succeed

When that lot protested they wanted a manager sacked and money spent that their board was hoarding. Aside from the fact we aren’t very good as a support at protesting anything, we also don’t have any money stored away.

We are just absolutely skint. I don’t know what we would actually be looking to achieve with a protest

Just now, .Williamson. said:

When that lot protested they wanted a manager sacked and money spent that their board was hoarding. Aside from the fact we aren’t very good as a support at protesting anything, we also don’t have any money stored away.

We are just absolutely skint. I don’t know what we would actually be looking to achieve with a protest

Who knows. I was only looking at a general consensus amongst a group of the support. Twitter is a cesspool of nonsense and the other forum really isn't interested in entertaining that kind of idea as you could see by the kind of threads started by the admins. 

We don’t have a sugar daddy like them tramps. Someone who can attract inward investment and guarantee a return on that investment. 
There is nobody like that fat Irish cunt with £3billion in the bank that is coming in the door.  
We need to box clever and greatly improve our scouting department. 
Winning ways will attract investment - it’s a catch 22

unfortunately us fans can’t really effect change. 

33 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Honestly the board/manager/players have left me absolutely scunnered.

One of the most positive cunts that's always looking for something to cling onto. In the past two weeks between ST payments, Kiev and Birmingham I've spent 600 quid. I'm now starting to question it and why I do it.

I'll always have the ST but I'm close to not buying the other games. I'm absolutely scunnered. Manager making excuses for drawing at hearts and then says we miss Lundstrom, claiming it will be a good point come the end of the season, Warburton levels of nonsense.

Then we have the board who are fucking brilliant at reading the room and gave him a new deal when I don't think I'd heard one fan claim that we need to get him on a new deal.

I'm absolutely fucking scunnered 

Everything you've said there is spot on. Imo you are one of the more positive posters on here where the team/manager are concerned so things must be bad. 

Whilst I've not had a season ticket for many a year the way season ticket holders are treated now is a shambles. Didn't get to games during covid, didn't get rewarded much by the club for that, then this Hampden shit show. It's fucking pathetic. 

Just now, RossS1873 said:

Who knows. I was only looking at a general consensus amongst a group of the support. Twitter is a cesspool of nonsense and the other forum really isn't interested in entertaining that kind of idea as you could see by the kind of threads started by the admins. 

Aye I know mate I just meant in general I’ve no idea what we would be hoping for with a protest. I think in an ideal world with the potential for a buyer to come in that would be the route we take but nobody is coming to buy us 

35 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

The league was basically over yesterday, come three weeks we will be a minimum 5 behind.

If the taigs score early they will take 5 or 6 off of us, it'll be an absolute bloodbath 

It's depressing 

Now back to approaching parkhead games like we did pre Gerrard. Dread , hopelessness and thinking to get a result will require some sort of minor miracle as opposed to going knowing we can take the game to them