Shambles from top to bottom

27 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Every other team in world football seems to be able to sign players who are ready to play. 

We can't start Cerny who played 25 games last season and had a full pre season, but we can start Cortes in the first game of the season after 6 months out injured?

Cerny didn’t have a full pre season. He was off for 4 weeks after the Euros was he not? Sure Clement said it after/before Saturday

So scunnered with everything about the club right now.

Feels like the heart is being ripped out of the support and there is nobody in a position of leadership that has a positive vision of the future.

Me and my dad have had our season tickets since 97. Even through 3rd and 2nd tiers there was never a question of renewing, however the last couple of seasons it has been a serious debate and TBH with financial pressures elsewhere, if things keep on the same trajectory it is going to be very difficult for me to justify spending £700+ on a season ticket next year.

From chats with other mates and comments on here I can see it being a similar story for others, however that then becomes a Catch 22 for the board as we loose more money in ST that is needed for the squad.

Not sure how we go about it but we need change at the very top and need it quickly as I can see things spiralling pretty quickly if we keep on the current trajectory.

Just now, BlueJacketRFC said:

I don't think we would have seen this massive fall if Gio was giving more time. Clement really has fucked us and it started with Michael Beale.

I really worry for us. I could see another decade of this or more. Fans need to protest we need our fucking club back.

Gio navigated a tough champions league qualifying campaign 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Cerny didn’t have a full pre season. He was off for 4 weeks after the Euros was he not? Sure Clement said it after/before Saturday

Czechia went out of the Euro's on 18th June. 4 weeks takes you to 16th July which was a month ago, so he's had a month.

In what world is that not enough of a pre season/training/competitive matches to be fit?

McGregor, Taylor, Schmeichel etc were all at the Euros and have started every game since for celtic.

Our standards for professional footballers being fit to play a game seems to be so ridiculously low these days. Everyone seems to take months to get up to 'match fitness'. 

1 minute ago, SonicWill said:

This never happens with Souness, Smith or even Gerrard at the helm. 

They drove standards and at least instilled a mentality at the club. It wasn’t always perfect but at least you felt a connection to the team you were watching. 

The Rot started long before Clement took the helm, it appeared on the pitch in Gerard’s last full season , and it appeared in the board room long before 

2 minutes ago, ayro said:

The stadium r has fucked off so many fans that it’s beyond anger, it’s turning to apathy which is a lot worse.

The attendances drop, merch doesn’t get bought etc. 

Mate change that wording please at the top 

2 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

The Rot started long before Clement took the helm, it appeared on the pitch in Gerard’s last full season , and it appeared in the board room long before 

Mate we weren't great when SG left but we were clear and still winning 

1 minute ago, ayro said:

The stadium disaster has fucked off so many fans that it’s beyond anger, it’s turning to apathy which is a lot worse.

The attendances drop, merch doesn’t get bought etc. 

That’s the one that gets me the most and just typifies how the club is run.

iam sure on here we have guys that have managed a project or have worked in construction or in Procurement. You have a time scale and plan. This should have been ready to go when the last arse left their seat after our final home game of the season. Every person in this Galaxy and the next knows there are problems in the Red Sea with shipping and the lead times are longer. It’s like “aye it will be all right” mentality and that seems to be through the club. Like a cancer. Standards are Rock bottom 😔😔

Just now, DT78 said:

That’s the one that gets me the most and just typifies how the club is run.

iam sure on here we have guys that have managed a project or have worked in construction or in Procurement. You have a time scale and plan. This should have been ready to go when the last arse left their seat after our final home game of the season. Every person in this Galaxy and the next knows there are problems in the Red Sea with shipping and the lead times are longer. It’s like “aye it will be all right” mentality and that seems to be through the club. Like a cancer. Standards are Rock bottom 😔😔

Can you delete my poorly worded post mate? 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Gio navigated a tough champions league qualifying campaign 

We actually played some good football under Gio the season we got to the EL final. We seemed to have ridiculous fitness levels aswell and somehow could play in Europe on a Thursday and then take the taigs to extra time on the Sunday in the Scottish cup semis and win.

After the CL qualifiers of the next season he for some reason scraped everything good from the previous season though. 

Beale was given the run of the place and we’ve been an absolute circus since 

I really think something fundamentally snapped in us as a support last year. 

We stuck by the team during a lean decade watching our rivals relentlessly win everything. We were promised a big rebuild and the hope was there for a big season. 

It quickly becomes apparent Beale is useless and his signings are worse. The disappointment sets in and the season is written off. 

Then Clement comes in, somehow turns it around. Gets us out of the group, wins the League Cup and we’re playing well. Amazingly, we get ahead in the title race and look odds on to do it. The fans are completely behind the team - even staying to applaud them after losing to Motherwell and then…we utterly fall apart and limp to the finish line. 

After all we’ve endured - relegations, the EL final heartbreak, consistently being second best - I just don’t think we were equipped mentally for two disappointments last season. 

The negativity and apathy has carried over into the new season, massively exacerbated by the Hampden fiasco, and it just feels like the atmosphere could turn really, really poisonous in the near future.