Shambles from top to bottom

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Same complaints from the same folk back then about Gio.

"Boring style of play" and "he's clueless" were the main complaints. 

No one gave a fuck about a style of play until Postecoglu went to the scum. Rangers fans were jealous and are still 'style of play insecure'.

There’s a couple of ways of looking at the ‘style of play’ issue.

My take is that it’s a team structure, where everybody knows their role, how to play their positions, who their links are & there’s a clear purpose to the play. The sort of basic stuff that gets you by when everybody is short of playing at 8/10 level.

Currently, there’s little to none of the above in evidence & far from being a well drilled unit, which knows how it’s going to set about a game, we look as if we met in a pub car park & are simply winging it, hoping someone will come up with a spark of brilliance.

Clement would be given time if fans could see progress and it was a lack of quality costing us. This guy has managed in the last 16 of the champions league it's a head banger of a situation we find ourselves in. 

I can’t imagine a worse run club over the last few years. Lawrence, Davies, Matondo, Hagi, Cantwell, Tav: all on over £20k a week and need cleared out asap. The new contract for Clement was absolutely baffling and will end up costing us big time too. Club’s fucked. 

25 minutes ago, King Jela said:

No one gave a fuck about a style of play until Postecoglu went to the scum. Rangers fans were jealous and are still 'style of play insecure'.

Pigs had one bad season in 10 years and started throwing sharks til the board listened to them - we have sat by and watched 2 decades of shite and still pump our money in and happy clap.  Anyone who mentions style of play or sacking the manager is a clown who wants to try seeing the big picture for once.  Only way anything will change is if hold the board to account.

18 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Trust me I want Rangers to win wether it's 1 0 or 15 0. But see when you've won 7 of 19 and you're playing absolute dugshit football then people will start to complain about not seeing anything that gives hope.

Absolutely fuck all to do with Fenians or that fat prick 

But there's context to the 7 of 19 that can't be ignored.

The team he took over bottle it every season, needed a rebuild, didn't get the rebuild, still stuck with 8 or 9 duds and surprise, surprise nothing major has changed yet. 

And I disagree, the 'style of play' complaints only intensified after Rangers fans started getting jealous of the adulation Postecoglu was getting. Let's not pretend it isn't an inferiority complex in that regard. 

This particular manager is not the problem. It goes way higher above his level, and looking at him and hearing him speak, you can tell he knows that too. He's frustrated and now getting even a little reactive to media (even fan media) and that's far removed from the calm, yet assertive figure who first walked in.

Even Beale - he was proved to be a poor manager, but had he not been the one to decide on his transfers the way he did, would things have been different?

All roads lead to the board - every single time.

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Pigs had one bad season in 10 years and started throwing sharks til the board listened to them - we have sat by and watched 2 decades of shite and still pump our money in and happy clap.  Anyone who mentions style of play or sacking the manager is a clown who wants to try seeing the big picture for once.  Only way anything will change is if hold the board to account.

Completely agree. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The team he took over bottle it every season, needed a rebuild, didn't get the rebuild, still stuck with 8 or 9 duds and surprise, surprise nothing major has changed yet. 

And I disagree, the 'style of play' complaints only intensified after Rangers fans started getting jealous of the adulation Postecoglu was getting. Let's not pretend it isn't an inferiority complex in that regard. 

Don’t agree with that at all. People have been moaning about our style of play since the day I started posting on this forum and that was almost 20 years ago.

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Positive signs in the short term, get to first full season, and things go to shit, although GVB got UCL.

GVB said something along the lines of looking forward to getting CL money to spend, and we spent fuck all.

Clement came out and said things have changed behind the scenes since he came in.

17 minutes ago, HG5 said:

There’s a couple of ways of looking at the ‘style of play’ issue.

My take is that it’s a team structure, where everybody knows their role, how to play their positions, who their links are & there’s a clear purpose to the play. The sort of basic stuff that gets you by when everybody is short of playing at 8/10 level.

Currently, there’s little to none of the above in evidence & far from being a well drilled unit, which knows how it’s going to set about a game, we look as if we met in a pub car park & are simply winging it, hoping someone will come up with a spark of brilliance.

I disagree. I think that's harsh actually. 

Think there's plenty of examples of us playing good stuff under Clement. Last night in the first half, Motherwell first half and Kiev 2nd half last week there was easy on the eye play at times. For me it's the quality of player that's the glaring issue.

I'm not exonerating Phil, but I think style of play is the least of my worries when it comes to the team right now.

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

All his good work to get us into a title race but then the teams fault we went out it? Nothing to do with stupid team selections etc?

We were told get rid of the losers, most are gone. Still fuck all, in fact we are worse. 

Genuinely don't see what gives anyone hope with him 

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The style of play arguement only becomes an issue when the results start falling 

For decades we have heard this mythical pish about "the Celtic way" 

Didnt matter a fuck when we were the ones collecting trophy after trophy and title after title 

Even the last year under smith we were hit all season with how Lennon was bringing "the thunder" back to parkhead. Mattered not a jot when we were the ones holding the big trophy aloft in red white and blue ribbons come May

I could put up with Rangers boring me weekly with consistent 1-0 wins as long as it resulted in success 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Don’t agree with that at all. People have been moaning about our style of play since the day I started posting on this forum and that’s was almost 20 years ago.

I agree. Even back to the days of Walter when we were winning league titles it was still 'boring'. 

The complaints only intensified after Postecoglu though. He came in, made a fortune from selling players, spent a fortune and with better players he was able to blow teams away.

With our finances, it'll take us years to implement that. 

3 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

All his good work to get us into a title race but then the teams fault we went out it? Nothing to do with stupid team selections etc?

We were told get rid of the losers, most are gone. Still fuck all, in fact we are worse. 

Genuinely don't see what gives anyone hope with him 

They did the exact same with Beale and Gio when they arrived. Outstanding results wise at first, but absolutely bottled it when the pressure was on and the new manager bounce wore off. 

Most are gone? We still have the worst of all losers captaining us. Still have Souttar, Davies, Yilmaz, Wright, Lawrence and Matondo. Players that were absolutely shite before Clement are still, shockingly enough, completely shite. 

Don't know what the alternative is? Deek McIness? 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I disagree. I think that's harsh actually. 

Think there's plenty of examples of us playing good stuff under Clement. Last night in the first half, Motherwell first half and Kiev 2nd half last week there was easy on the eye play at times. For me it's the quality of player that's the glaring issue.

I'm not exonerating Phil, but I think style of play is the least of my worries when it comes to the team right now.

I think 7 wins in 19 supports my take on the current situation, but we all see things through different eyes.

Your comment re the quality of player actually supports my argument, that you give the less talented (whatever you want to call it) a solid framework in which to work & they tend to flourish.

To give him his due, after replacing Beale, I thought that’s what Clement implemented, but it only lasted to a point.

And you rightly highlight a couple of good halves, but why aren’t we talking about a couple of good games?

We can regain or lose form within a match, far less string a couple of good games together.

6 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

The style of play arguement only becomes an issue when the results start falling 

For decades we have heard this mythical pish about "the celtic way" 

Didnt matter a fuck when we were the ones collecting trophy after trophy and title after title 

Even the last year under smith we were hit all season with how Lennon was bringing "the thunder" back to parkhead. Mattered not a jot when we were the ones holding the big trophy aloft in red white and blue ribbons come May

I could put up with Rangers boring me weekly with consistent 1-0 wins as long as it resulted in success 

Completely agree. 

We're now stuck in a cycle where it's bin the manager after a run of poor results though.

We still need a massive clear out as I type this, yet the answer to winning the league is to skin ourselves more sacking Clement and then hopefully the next guy works with the same shite.

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I agree. Even back to the days of Walter when we were winning league titles it was still 'boring'. 

The complaints only intensified after Postecoglu though. He came in, made a fortune from selling players, spent a fortune and with better players he was able to blow teams away.

With our finances, it'll take us years to implement that. 

A run of the mill game that always sticks in my memory for some reason  was from the season we done two in a row under Smith . We were comfortably Infront and chalking off the wins towards confirming being champions 

We played Hamilton at Ibrox and Edu scored after about 5-10 minutes and then I think practically nothing happend for the remaining 80 minutes :lol: another win chalked off and step closer to the title though 

I think playing our home games away from home is the biggest red flag of all. 

Knowing what was at stake with CL funds etc totally unacceptable. The situation started us off at a huge disadvantage and we will be lucky if we are back at Ibrox this end of the year.

Blaming the Chinese shipment is just a marker of where our board is at the moment & how we are becoming a laughing stock under their watch.

Amongst the negative though Barron looks like an excellent signing. Loads of potential, any time he made an error he battled to make amends and is what we need on the pitch right now.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Completely agree. 

We're now stuck in a cycle where it's bin the manager after a run of poor results though.

We still need a massive clear out as I type this, yet the answer to winning the league is to skin ourselves more sacking Clement and then hopefully the next guy works with the same shite.

Sack a manger two games in to a rebuild we might as well just shut the doors to Ibrox, we'll be turning in to the likes of Watford and the mental Italian/Brazilian sides with 2-3 managers a season.

I can understand people having concerns, but does anyone actually think a manager worth their salt would be interested in coming to no money to spend to just have the fans turn on them and get sacked before they can implement their squad?

It's telling that the club don't even have mission or vision statements for the support to buy into. Just tried looking on the Rangers website for them and found bugger all. Pretty sure they don't exist. Difficult to tell if that's been done deliberately or if it only backs up the boardroom mismanagement. They're basic management statements for any organisation to have.

Feels like our mission is wishy washy, somthing like "to try and win games of football". Struggling to see what the realistic vision for the coming years is though. Feels like the board members are whinging it and the footballing side is rudderless due to their inept leadership.

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I think 7 wins in 19 supports my take on the current situation, but we all see things through different eyes.

Your comment re the quality of player actually supports my argument, that you give the less talented (whatever you want to call it) a solid framework in which to work & they tend to flourish.

To give him his due, after replacing Beale, I thought that’s what Clement implemented, but it only lasted to a point.

And you rightly highlight a couple of good halves, but why aren’t we talking about a couple of good games?

We can regain or lose form within a match, far less string a couple of good games together.

To be honest, I think the 7 in 19 actually supports Mt argument that it's the bigger picture that's the issue. 

For only so long, October - March, it did. We were solid defensively, organised but had very little quality. That was the honeymoon period that inevitably ended when thr pressure was on. Motherwell at home. 

As it did with Beale and Gio. 

Because we still have terrible footballers mate. The best Clement could get out of this group was a solid unit for about 3 or 4 months. When you don't have the quality we need that solid structure breaks up when the chinks in the armour are exposed. 

Agreed, we're agonisingly inconsistent.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

That's not true at all.

We had a clear structure and style of play under Gerrard. 2 attacking fullbacks, a midfield 3 where 2 would cover the full back positions when they went forward, 2 wingers who came inside and allowed the fullbacks to overlap and took up the space vacated by the midfield who dropped back.

There was a clear plan in place, something which we miss now. 

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

That's not true at all.

We had a clear structure and style of play under Gerrard. 2 attacking fullbacks, a midfield 3 where 2 would cover the full back positions when they went forward, 2 wingers who came inside and allowed the fullbacks to overlap and took up the space vacated by the midfield who dropped back.

There was a clear plan in place, something which we miss now. 

A clear plan that seen 1 trophy out of 9, and didn't look like a plan at all when things weren't going well.