Blaine McConnell (we hardly knew ye)

Let’s just remind ourselves of the time @SonicWill defended Tierney. Just incase he decides he doesn’t want to remember 

On 19/06/2024 at 21:21, SonicWill said:

Anyone wishing a bad injury on a player by virtue of them once playing for our rivals needs to seriously reflect on the type of person they are. 

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

I've probably called him worse on nights out back then tbh. Some facebook post from 2011 ffs. Just another reason I refuse to do social media nowadays. Pretty sure just about everyone on here has wrote something about them online at some point, doesn't make us bad people.

It doesn't, but if you're working in the public eye or indeed any career, you have to be smart about your social media use. 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

It doesn't, but if you're working in the public eye or indeed any career, you have to be smart about your social media use. 

Absolutely, one of the many reasons I don't have social media and haven't for about a decade now.

14 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I actually don't care who he supports as long as he does a good job.

We'd be quick to deride a "jobs for the boys" mentality if we were just hiring anyone who happened to be a Rangers fan. 

Yes, ideally you'd want someone to be both a) good at the job and b) a supporter, but if he's been through an interview process and is clearly the best applicant then fair enough.

You misspelt that. It's 'jobs for the bhoys' mentality we have

50 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Hahaha is this the job you interviewed for @Somemightsay7?

Hard to know without his title. If it is, he'll be Head of Commercial Strategy.

His background seems a bit too much on the marketing side than I would expect for this role, but growing Edmiston House revenue was one of the initial priorities which would have involved a lot of work through marketing. He's London based, so I am assuming he will be relocating as being onsite is a requirement, which is one of the reasons why I said no.

Funnily enough in my first conversation with the recruitment agency they specifically asked me who I supported, so I'm amazed this went through, as if it wasn't important they wouldn't have asked.

The fact they were trying to recruit London based people for this role makes me think it was a struggle to find the right person. The salary wasn't that special for someone London based with 15+ years experience, so it's not like he'll have chosen it because it's a salary increase he couldn't turn down - they were very much pulling on the fact of being able to work within Football or being a Rangers fan.

I have the role brief, check out the last requirement..

image.png

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

His background seems a bit too much on the marketing side than I would expect for this role, but growing Edmiston House revenue was one of the initial priorities which would have involved a lot of work through marketing. He's London based, so I am assuming he will be relocating as being onsite is a requirement, which is one of the reasons why I said no.

Funnily enough in my first conversation with the recruitment agency they specifically asked me who I supported, so I'm amazed this went through, as if it wasn't important they wouldn't have asked.

The fact they were trying to recruit London based people for this role makes me think it was a struggle to find the right person. The salary wasn't that special for someone London based with 15+ years experience, so it's not like he'll have chosen it because it's a salary increase he couldn't turn down - they were very much pulling on the fact of being able to work within Football or being a Rangers fan.

In the random interview online with some marketing site, he stresses how much he wanted to work in football/sports so given a few years away in the consumer+gaming world he clearly wanted back in to football. 

What a shambles

28 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I actually don't care who he supports as long as he does a good job.

We'd be quick to deride a "jobs for the boys" mentality if we were just hiring anyone who happened to be a Rangers fan. 

Yes, ideally you'd want someone to be both a) good at the job and b) a supporter, but if he's been through an interview process and is clearly the best applicant then fair enough.

So instead it’s jobs for the Bhoys

9 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I have the role brief, check out the last requirement..

image.png

Looking forward to the Europa League final reruns with a pint and a pie for £10 nights.